Career Questions tagged Financial Services

Joshua M.’s Avatar
Joshua M. Jan 17, 2018 234 views

Do you have any resources for identifying different types of jobs after receiving a degree in finance

I will be attending a college in Michigan to obtain a degree in Finance, but I am not for certain what all type of jobs would be available in that field, other than financial services. I am curious to see what else I might be able to do with this degree. #finance #business #college...

#financial-services

Sean D.’s Avatar
Sean D. Mar 27, 2018 189 views

I have been searching forskilled trade scholarships since October 2017. Very few exist despite workforce need in trades. Could anyone here share info about opportunities you've found?

Despite the critical shortage of skilled tradespeople in the American workforce, very few scholarships exist for students who want to attend vocational school or attend college for training in applied technologies. I know - I've been seeking scholarships since October 2017, for my Fall 2018...

#skilled-trades #welding #scholarships #financial-services

Caroline (Skyler) G.’s Avatar
Caroline (Skyler) G. Mar 27, 2018 225 views

Is it more worth it to apply for and/or receive a large amount of small scholarships or a small amount of large scholarships?

It is very time consuming and tedious to apply for one hundred low-value scholarships, but it is difficult for me to write essays for the prompts associated with higher-value scholarships. #scholarships #college-advice #college...

#financial-services

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Mar 27, 2018 234 views

Can you appeal for more financial aid? If so, how?

I want to get the maximum amount of financial aid possible because I am scared I will be in loads of debt. #debt #student-debt ##debtfree #financial-aid...

#financial-services

Katelynn K.’s Avatar
Katelynn K. Mar 19, 2018 230 views

How can I get more scholarships?

I apply for scholarships, but never seem to get them, I was wondering what I could do to improve my chances. #scholarships...

#financial-services

Katelynn K.’s Avatar
Katelynn K. Mar 19, 2018 226 views

How can I get more financial aid?

My family is middle class so we aren't able to qualify for any extra money, and we have bad credit, so we aren't able to apply for any loans. Any suggestions besides scholarships? #financial-services...

#money

liz D.’s Avatar
liz D. Mar 19, 2018 203 views

How do I get more financial aid?

I am registered for websites that show me available scholarships like Cappex, but I still have a very large sum of money per year that I will need to be paying because I am paying for college on my own....

#financial-services

kelsi P.’s Avatar
kelsi P. Jan 23, 2018 232 views

What happens in the Bachelor's degree and can't fund it anymore?

I am getting my bachelor's degree and I can't fund it with financial aid anymore so I am wondering how others have done this type of education and have been turned down by financial aid....

#financial-services

Alexander B.’s Avatar
Alexander B. Jan 22, 2018 239 views

How will an undergraduate business degree in finance compare with a degree in economics from schools that do not offer undergraduate business majors like top ranked ivies?

As a senior in high school I've applied primarily to business schools interested in pursuing a degree in finance and/or information systems. However, at many "elite" universities like the Ivy Leagues, undergraduate business degrees are not offered. The closest equivalent seems to be economics,...

#finance #business #financial-services #degree-selection

Chase S.’s Avatar
Chase S. Jan 16, 2018 244 views
Kim B.’s Avatar
Kim B. Jan 16, 2018 272 views

Should I choose a school based upon preference or financial needs?

I am a senior that is going into computer science. I really love this one college but I also know my finances should be taken into consideration. I am told I will get the same degree regardless but at the same time I know this is the school I really want to go to. What should I do? #college...

#financial-services #college-selection #college-advice

Ismar C.’s Avatar
Ismar C. Jan 16, 2018 209 views

What if the College of your dreams accepts you, but the college you know you should go to does not?

I have been accepted into the school of my dreams which happens to be the best school for engineering in the country. However, it costs significantly more than my second-choice school -almost three times more- However, my second-choice school, which is the one that my family can afford, did not...

#engineering #financial-services #college

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018 296 views
Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 23, 2017 313 views

Can I turn down my ED school if the financial aid package isn't sufficient?

If I were to apply early somewhere (with a binding agreement) and then accepted, would I have the opportunity to turn them down if it turns out I can't afford it? What's the protocol? #college #financial-aid #financial-services #money...

#early-decision

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Oct 09, 2017 463 views

How do I start investing in the Stock Market?

I want to learn how to make a second stream of income. I am currently in my 4th-year of college. I want to develop my assets so I will have a lot of money for the future. I do have a bit of capital to start off with and I am not afraid of assuming risk. How do I best use it? #money #finance...

#investment-management #investment-banking #business #financial-services

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Oct 09, 2017 348 views

How can I start day trading?

I am going to graduate college in 2 semesters. I want to want to earn a second stream of income while working a full-time job after I'm graduating. Is it doable to do both? I want to start building up my assets as soon as I can. I have a bit of free time in the morning right now so I would...

#business #money #investment-management #finance #financial-services

Ian P.’s Avatar
Ian P. Mar 15, 2016 673 views

What is the responsibilty of a tax manager at an investment management company?

I recently heard of this job title, and I'm thinking about pursuing an accounting degree in college. Can you help me understand what your job is like? What do you do? Are you an accountant? #finance #financial-services #investment-management #investing...

#tax

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 17, 2017 915 views

Do employers like reading Functional or Chronological resumes more?

Does the type of resume you have work better for different industries? I have a functional resume that I use in the financial services industry and a chronological resume that I use for non-profits is my method fine? #jobs #financial-services #resume-writing #nonprofits...

#job-application

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Jul 10, 2017 1241 views

How much time do you have to make a first impression?

I know that first impressions matter, that they are extremely important. Does anyone know exactly how long you have to make a first impression? Thank you! #marketing-and-advertising #information-technology-and-services #financial-services...

#customer-service

Carlos E.’s Avatar
Carlos E. Feb 23, 2017 594 views

How can I find an internship for business or finance?

I'm a High school junior and really want to pursue a career in business or finance. I want an internship to gain experience and show an my interest to colleges. I know I'm young but is there any hope in finding a position like that? #business #finance #business-management #financial-services...

#investment-management #investment-banking

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Feb 08, 2017 2625 views

If you could go back in time and tell your younger-self one thing, what would it be?

What one piece of advice would you want to tell your younger self? Would it be something about jobs and careers, losses and struggles, life and love? What would it be? #business #medicine #marketing #financial-services #social-media #marketing-and-advertising #strategy...

#customer-service

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Jan 15, 2017 674 views

Is it a good idea to work part-time in college?

I'm currently thinking about getting a part-time job or participating in a work-study while I'm at school. I could use the money to help pay for my textbooks and for my living expenses, but I'm concerned that my grades will suffer as a consequence. What was your experience working part-time...

#work-life-balance #financial-planning #money #financial-services #job-search #college

Hashir A.’s Avatar
Hashir A. Nov 10, 2016 535 views

Private Loans vs. Federal Loans. What are the pros and cons?

From what I can understand there are many types of loans for undergraduate or graduate school. Can anyone explain why I should choose a federal loan over a private loan or vice versa? #college #finance #financial-services #student-loans #federal-government...

#fafsa

Bradley T.’s Avatar
Bradley T. Nov 07, 2016 579 views

Is it better to major in Finance or Accounting if you want to be an investment banker? What college courses should they take in order to do extremely well?

I have been reading a lot of articles about how to get into the investment banking industry and how valuable a knowledge in finance and economics is but I wanted to know if accounting could still bring some value. #financial-services #investment-banking #financial-accounting...

#investment-banker

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Oct 19, 2016 596 views

Do I have to reapply or resubmit fafsa applications each year I attend college?

I'm going to need financial aid, and hopefully the process will be simple! #financial-services #fafsa...

#process