Career Questions tagged Debt

Sashia’s Avatar
Sashia Nov 30, 2022 234 views

How much debt will you be in after college?

I want to attend a four-year college, but I'm also worried about debt and student loans. I'd like to take action that would prevent me from having to spend the rest of my life paying off debt ( like the 2 years at York tech free then going to an actual college). But if it will be worth it for...

Kin’s Avatar
Kin Nov 16, 2021 244 views

How do I become an MLT without accumulating more student loans?

#student-loans
#master's student #graduate-school #medical career #medicine #debt #medical lab technician #healthcare

Brayan’s Avatar
Brayan Sep 22, 2021 328 views

Do pharmacist go into debt? If so how much on average?

I want to know if this career will involve me trying to pay back lots of debt. I want to pay as minimal as possible #financial-planning #debt

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Apr 19, 2021 561 views

How much time does it really take to pay off student debt?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

Mireya’s Avatar
Mireya Oct 27, 2020 273 views

How much debt do you accumulate from med-school?

I want to know the amount of debt I will be in if I choose to pursue medical school. #debt #college

Chadd’s Avatar
Chadd Aug 27, 2018 471 views

If I am in debt in undergraduate school, am I going to have a hard time trying to continue to medical school?

#debt #medicalschool

Mariya’s Avatar
Mariya Aug 21, 2018 646 views

What are some methods to reduce the cost of medical school/pay off debt effectively?

Even though medical school is several years away for me, I would like to be prepared in advance. I've seen that med school is quite the hassle in terms of finances and debt, but that the result is worth it, including the income from a residency after med school. Are there any other ways to...

Autumn’s Avatar
Autumn Aug 18, 2018 533 views

How do I ease my inevitable college debt?

I need financial aid and even with aid I will be in debt which may concern my future career choices. #finance #debt #academic-advising

Namitha’s Avatar
Namitha Aug 15, 2018 465 views

How much in student loans is too much to pay off?

#loans #debt

Isabel’s Avatar
Isabel Aug 14, 2018 493 views

What are some helpful tips for managing my student debt in the future?

#loans #students #money #management #debt #advice #nursing

Markus’s Avatar
Markus Aug 14, 2018 502 views

Is it worth taking debt for your undergraduate?

#money #undergraduate #debt

Ajani’s Avatar
Ajani Aug 13, 2018 520 views

How do I manage money to pay off student debt?

The particular school I am going to has a very steep tuition. How can I make sure that I am not submerged in debt? #money #debt #scholarships #scholarship #financial-aid

Samantha’s Avatar
Samantha Jul 13, 2018 705 views

Dealing with debt

How is everyone else dealing with all the student loan debt? When I get out of PT school I will be looking at $100,000 in debt. While I will be loving what I do, that number gives me anxiety. How is everyone paying off their student loan debt? #debt #personal-finance #student-loans #anxiety

Brenda’s Avatar
Brenda Jun 30, 2018 661 views

What is the average University/College debt that students leave with?

#investment-management #debt #student-debt #student-loans #financial-aid #paying-for-college #finance

Jason’s Avatar
Jason May 25, 2018 612 views

Does it make sense to borrow money without getting a student loan?

The financial aid package for my graduate program includes only direct unsubsidized graduate loans. These loans have high interest rates and bad conditions. My tuition is very expensive and I am not receiving enough scholarship money to cover tuition, even if I get a high-paying part-time...

Laura’s Avatar
Laura May 23, 2018 668 views

How do I get portions/all of my student loans forgiven?

Are there companies that offer to forgive student loans for hired professional? #studentloans #student #loanforgiveness #loans #debt #student-loans #finance #financial-advising

William’s Avatar
William May 10, 2018 496 views

What are other ways to pay for medical school besides loans and scholarships?

Medical school is expensive, as everyone knows. And paying off loans will increase the amount of stress for a medical student to go through. Are there ways to earn some cash to pay off the debt and to avoid getting loans for medical school? Scholarships can be limited as well. #medicine...

Anh Minh’s Avatar
Anh Minh May 06, 2018 1118 views

How bad is Debt to an Anesthesiologist?

I'm planning to pursue a career in anesthesiology(completing medical school, residency, licensed) and wondering how hard will it be to pay off any student debt. I hear that student debt should be avoided and is heavily stressed to be a heavy load on future decisions. However, certain...

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley May 04, 2018 621 views

Is there such a thing as an accredited, online, FREE university?

I am so tired of debt that has accumulated from my studies. I want to learn and grow and have a brighter future, but the more I study, the heavier my debt load becomes. I am applying for scholarships, however, they of course do not guarantee funding. So, is there a university that one does not...

Grace’s Avatar
Grace Apr 30, 2018 780 views

What is the best route for me to take to achieve my goals and reach my full potential?

I really want to go into medicine but worry about the cost of school and I do NOT want to graduate with hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I also don't know how to choose my under grad school and worry that if I don't pick the right school it will be harder to get into med or...

Sarah’s Avatar
Sarah Apr 27, 2018 546 views

Are doctorate degrees worth it?

We've all heard doctors make a lot of money. In a lot of cases, they really don't, especially if you take into consideration the fees they pay like insurances, and student loans. In addition, having a doctorate doesn't save you from being on call or working awful shifts. Are the student...

Kate’s Avatar
Kate Apr 26, 2018 814 views

What do I need to learn how to do before moving out and living on my own?

I wasn't taught a whole lot at school about what living on your own entails, and now the time has come where I am becoming an adult and have started preparing for my future. I have yet to learn how credit works, as well as interests and loans. I dont know how to do my own taxes or what...

Kierra’s Avatar
Kierra Apr 25, 2018 680 views

College expenses are outrageous. Should I be concerned about the amount of student debt I will be in?

Debt sounds scary. Will I be able to even pay it off? #studentloans #debt #loans #finance #financial-aid #college #money

Rebekah’s Avatar
Rebekah Apr 21, 2018 600 views

How does not having a #credit score effect one's significant #financial #decisions in life?

I've recently been viewing seminars by #Dave #Ramsey. He spoke of being #debt free and that having a #credit card is not necessary for #life. However, I know that some transactions request a credit score. Also, when shopping online or #traveling abroad I've always thought it was safer to have a...

Cheyenne’s Avatar
Cheyenne Apr 21, 2018 492 views

Will I graduate from college on time with little to no Financial aid?

I am interested in becoming a labor& Delivery nurse, however, I'm not sure where to start in my future career. #nurse #nursing #college #financial-aid #debt #graduation

Angelina’s Avatar
Angelina Apr 18, 2018 708 views

How do I find a good apartment to rent near my college?

I live in California currently and I need to apply for renting a place in New York because that's where my college is. It is super difficult looking for places when I can't really be there in person at the moment. I need to rent because the room and board at my college is super expensive and it...

Kelly’s Avatar
Kelly Apr 17, 2018 522 views

Are the loans worth it?

Is an Ivy League education for graduate school worth $100K in loans? At what point does the opportunity cost become negative? #ivyleague #loans #debt #worried

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Apr 08, 2018 768 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

Joi’s Avatar
Joi Apr 05, 2018 635 views

How much student loans can I take with a mechanical engineering starting salary

I am a mechanical engineering sophomore and I recently learned my parent can only contribute about 5% of my college finances. What is an affordable, realistic amount I can take out in student loans so I don't drown in student debt? For more information, I live in New Jersey and my dream job...

Joi’s Avatar
Joi Apr 05, 2018 679 views

What steps can I take to make college affordable?

I am a current college student in my sophomore year. I recently learned that my parent will only be able to contribute about 5% of my college education. What are some steps I can take to make college more affordable? I am already working as a co-op and saving as much as I can. I would prefer...