Career Questions tagged Debt

Joi I.’s Avatar
Joi I. Apr 05, 2018 201 views

How much student loans can I take with a mechanical engineering starting salary

I am a mechanical engineering sophomore and I recently learned my parent can only contribute about 5% of my college finances. What is an affordable, realistic amount I can take out in student loans so I don't drown in student debt? For more information, I live in New Jersey and my dream job...

#mechanical-engineering #debt #engineering #loans #money #student-debt #engineer #scared #financial-aid

Mariya T.’s Avatar
Mariya T. Aug 21, 2018 221 views

What are some methods to reduce the cost of medical school/pay off debt effectively?

Even though medical school is several years away for me, I would like to be prepared in advance. I've seen that med school is quite the hassle in terms of finances and debt, but that the result is worth it, including the income from a residency after med school. Are there any other ways to...

#psychiatry #debt #school #graduate-school #medical-school #financial-services #medicine #premed #psychology

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 138 views

How do I ease my inevitable college debt?

I need financial aid and even with aid I will be in debt which may concern my future career choices. #finance #debt...

#academic-advising

Namitha S.’s Avatar
Namitha S. Aug 15, 2018 125 views
Markus D.’s Avatar
Markus D. Aug 14, 2018 130 views
Ajani B.’s Avatar
Ajani B. Aug 13, 2018 141 views

How do I manage money to pay off student debt?

The particular school I am going to has a very steep tuition. How can I make sure that I am not submerged in debt? #money #debt #scholarships #scholarship...

#financial-aid

David M.’s Avatar
David M. Mar 16, 2018 220 views

What are the creative methods people used to pay for college?

I'm wondering how people were able to pay for college. As a rising college freshmen, I'm anxious about how to pay for my own college tuition. And I desperately want to figure out a way for me to attend college without burdening my parents or myself. I already know about scholarships and...

#justabrokestudent #student-debt #debt #finance #tuition

Daniel S.’s Avatar
Daniel S. Jan 16, 2018 200 views

who decided that asking a bunch of kids fresh out of highschool to make a potentially 30,000$ decision to go to college?

most teenagers out of high school really have no idea what they are good at and what they want to do with their lives. and yet, at least in the united states, we beat it in to them that they need to go to college and get a degree without them having enough real experience to figure out what...

#college-decisions #debt #whosideawasthis

Cheyenne W.’s Avatar
Cheyenne W. Apr 21, 2018 185 views

Will I graduate from college on time with little to no Financial aid?

I am interested in becoming a labor& Delivery nurse, however, I'm not sure where to start in my future career. #nurse #nursing #college #financial-aid #debt...

#graduation

Grace V.’s Avatar
Grace V. Apr 30, 2018 241 views

What is the best route for me to take to achieve my goals and reach my full potential?

I really want to go into medicine but worry about the cost of school and I do NOT want to graduate with hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I also don't know how to choose my under grad school and worry that if I don't pick the right school it will be harder to get into med or...

#debt #vet #loans #howtodecide #college #choosing-a-college #veterinary #medschool #healthcare #medicine #doctor #vetschool #financial-aid

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. May 04, 2018 200 views

Is there such a thing as an accredited, online, FREE university?

I am so tired of debt that has accumulated from my studies. I want to learn and grow and have a brighter future, but the more I study, the heavier my debt load becomes. I am applying for scholarships, however, they of course do not guarantee funding. So, is there a university that one does not...

#student-debt #online-college #debt #finance #university #online

Laura W.’s Avatar
Laura W. May 23, 2018 179 views

How do I get portions/all of my student loans forgiven?

Are there companies that offer to forgive student loans for hired professional? #studentloans #student #loanforgiveness #loans #debt #student-loans #finance...

#financial-advising

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Jul 13, 2018 215 views

Dealing with debt

How is everyone else dealing with all the student loan debt? When I get out of PT school I will be looking at $100,000 in debt. While I will be loving what I do, that number gives me anxiety. How is everyone paying off their student loan debt? #debt #personal-finance #student-loans...

#anxiety

John G.’s Avatar
John G. May 25, 2018 194 views

Does it make sense to borrow money without getting a student loan?

The financial aid package for my graduate program includes only direct unsubsidized graduate loans. These loans have high interest rates and bad conditions. My tuition is very expensive and I am not receiving enough scholarship money to cover tuition, even if I get a high-paying part-time...

#debt #money-management #loans #money #college #student-loans #tuition #financial-aid

William H.’s Avatar
William H. May 10, 2018 182 views

What are other ways to pay for medical school besides loans and scholarships?

Medical school is expensive, as everyone knows. And paying off loans will increase the amount of stress for a medical student to go through. Are there ways to earn some cash to pay off the debt and to avoid getting loans for medical school? Scholarships can be limited as well. #medicine...

#debt #money-management #student-debt #finance #medical #debtfree

Anh Minh N.’s Avatar
Anh Minh N. May 06, 2018 278 views

How bad is Debt to an Anesthesiologist?

I'm planning to pursue a career in anesthesiology(completing medical school, residency, licensed) and wondering how hard will it be to pay off any student debt. I hear that student debt should be avoided and is heavily stressed to be a heavy load on future decisions. However, certain...

#salary #anesthesiology #debt #student-loans

Sarah B.’s Avatar
Sarah B. Apr 27, 2018 181 views

Are doctorate degrees worth it?

We've all heard doctors make a lot of money. In a lot of cases, they really don't, especially if you take into consideration the fees they pay like insurances, and student loans. In addition, having a doctorate doesn't save you from being on call or working awful shifts. Are the student...

#salary #debt #studentloans #doctorate

Kate R.’s Avatar
Kate R. Apr 26, 2018 253 views

What do I need to learn how to do before moving out and living on my own?

I wasn't taught a whole lot at school about what living on your own entails, and now the time has come where I am becoming an adult and have started preparing for my future. I have yet to learn how credit works, as well as interests and loans. I dont know how to do my own taxes or what...

#student #debt #independently-funding-my-education #interest #money #livingathome #student-loans #credit #taxes

Nick K.’s Avatar
Nick K. Jan 17, 2018 217 views

How long will it take me to pay back student loans?

Loan amounts are huge, how will I be able to live and pay back the loans? #money-management #finance #college #student-debt #student-loans #loans...

#debt

Cristina R.’s Avatar
Cristina R. Jan 16, 2018 231 views

Where is the best place to go to get out of a big debt such as school, car, and credit?

I need info on how I can get help to pay these bills. #financial-planning #debt #student-debt #loans...

#finance

Rebekah W.’s Avatar
Rebekah W. Apr 21, 2018 226 views

How does not having a #credit score effect one's significant #financial #decisions in life?

I've recently been viewing seminars by #dave #ramsey. He spoke of being #debt free and that having a #credit card is not necessary for #life. However, I know that some transactions request a credit score. Also, when shopping online or #traveling abroad I've always thought it was safer to have a...

#successfully #compromised

Emma J.’s Avatar
Emma J. Jan 16, 2018 262 views

What is the average student debt? What can I do to avoid it?

I really really don't want end up in debt #money #debt #student-debt #loans...

#financial-planning

Kristen H.’s Avatar
Kristen H. Jan 16, 2018 178 views
Taylor Y.’s Avatar
Taylor Y. Jan 15, 2018 242 views

When thinking of a career path should I have how much debt I will be in after college in mind?

I want to work for a volunteer organization or other low profitable jobs, but I also want to get a college degree. I'm just wondering if it would be smarter/worth it to wait a few years after college before going into a low profitable career because of money? #international-affairs...

#debt #money-management #loans #scholarships #college #student-debt #student-loans #financial-aid

Angelina Y.’s Avatar
Angelina Y. Apr 18, 2018 278 views

How do I find a good apartment to rent near my college?

I live in California currently and I need to apply for renting a place in New York because that's where my college is. It is super difficult looking for places when I can't really be there in person at the moment. I need to rent because the room and board at my college is super expensive and it...

#debt #apartment #college #newyork #collegeisexpensive #rent #california #tuition

Kelly F.’s Avatar
Kelly F. Apr 17, 2018 204 views

Are the loans worth it?

Is an Ivy League education for graduate school worth $100K in loans? At what point does the opportunity cost become negative? #ivyleague #loans #debt...

#worried