Career Questions tagged Philosophy

Kimberly C.’s Avatar
Kimberly C. Jul 29 61 views

Is philosophy a good premed major?

I am a senior, and I have decided I want to major in philosophy, and minor in bioethics. Is that a good major for med school? #medicine #premed #philosophy...

#july20

Nicholas L.’s Avatar
Nicholas L. May 03 146 views

To what extent is rational analysis important in obtaining useful knowledge?

I am dealing with ToK as an IB student. May there be an answer that perhaps focuses on the knowledge aspect of the question? #tok...

#philosophy

Andres T.’s Avatar
Andres T. Aug 28, 2018 225 views

With a degree in Philosophy, are there any other jobs you can get besides being a professor?

Philosophy is what I'm truly passionate about and love to study, but I don't see much of a future in it career wise. #philosophy...

#career

Christopher J.’s Avatar
Christopher J. Aug 13, 2018 230 views

What kind of jobs can I get with a degree in Philosophy?

I am attending college and plan on majoring in Philosophy then going to law school. However before I can go to law school I want to know what I could do with a Bachelors in Philosophy. #lawyer...

#philosophy

Evelyn D.’s Avatar
Evelyn D. Jan 16, 2018 270 views

Besides a Master’s in Philosophy, what can help me become a University Philosophy teacher?

Are there other things that can help my prospects on becoming a University Philosophy teacher? #philosophy #higher-education...

#professor

Evelyn D.’s Avatar
Evelyn D. Jan 16, 2018 254 views

What more is to becoming a Philosophy Professor for a University?

I was wondering what other things beside teaching maybe expected from a Philosophy Professor at a University. #philosophy #professor #higher-education #instructor...

Kimetha S.’s Avatar
Kimetha S. Jan 14, 2018 306 views

What did you do with your Bachelor's degree in social sciences?

I'm a social sciences major who will be graduating in 2019. I'm curious to know how previous graduates have used the knowledge and skills acquired in college. I'm also curious what they opportunities they enjoyed and which were not so satisfying. #social-science #psychology #sociology...

#philosophy #bachelorsdegree

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 11, 2018 271 views

What classes should I take to study Philosophy?

I am a freshman in High school and was wondering what would be good classes to take in high school and in college to become a Philosopher? I have been interested in asking questions about life and the world around us, and was wondering if there is certain classes to take for this. #philosophy...

#high-school-classes #academic-advising

David H.’s Avatar
David H. Jan 23, 2018 413 views

Is it best to chase after your dream or financial stability?

Everyone has that one thing they love to do, but know they probably won't make a lot of money from it though. Is it best to put stability over fun and passion? #philosophy #social-science-phd #social-science #social-sciences #career-counseling #career-choice #finance #business-finance...

#career-goals #purpose #passions

victoria H.’s Avatar
victoria H. Nov 23, 2017 523 views

What should I pursue?

I've always had trouble figuring out who I wanted to be and am always changing what it is that I really want to do. One reason why its so difficult is because I've never found anything that incorporates all my skills and passions because they're just so diverse. To give a bit more insight I...

#college-counseling #career-counseling #art #philosophy #law

victoria H.’s Avatar
victoria H. Nov 23, 2017 527 views

What should I pursue?

Mike S.’s Avatar
Mike S. Jun 01, 2017 1386 views

How should I figure out my major?

I've never known what I wanted to do or pursue career wise. I took psychology and sociology in my first year and a half at college, and I liked them, but I don't know what exactly I want to major in. I wouldn't mind studying more into sociology but I also want a career with a pretty decent...

#undecided #college #writing #philosophy #english #sociology #communications #career-counseling #psychology #history

Raii C.’s Avatar
Raii C. Jan 27, 2017 629 views

Do you want to work to live or live to work?

Sometimes I just wonder why people do what they do. If money wasn't a key piece in our game, would it still be the same? #business #money #economics #philosophy #life-skills #personal-development...

#financial-planning

Charles L.’s Avatar
Charles L. May 30, 2017 621 views

Are there majors for metaphysics?

Interested in metaphysics #biology #physics...

#philosophy

Aukai E.’s Avatar
Aukai E. Aug 22, 2016 776 views

Being a philosophy major is something of interest to me but I often hear that it is useless when working- how do I get the most out of a philosophy class and at was school to make it worth it?

I am interested in studying philosophy but don't want to major in something that will make it hard for me to get a job. People say it can be useful if done right- how do I do it right? #education #university #higher-education #consulting...

#philosophy

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jul 14, 2016 722 views

What is the most important thing you want to get out of your life?

I guess if you rephrase the question it could be; what is the purpose of life? Why do we do what we do.. #career...

#philosophy

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jul 12, 2016 697 views

Action drives us to push our limits and to grow. What are a couple things that I can take action on today to challenge myself and grow?

More of a philosophy question :) There are so many quotes about this concept "action": “Never complain, never explain, just let your actions speak for themselves.” – Benjamin Disraeli “The Superior man is modest in speech but exceeds in his actions.” – Confucius “There are no statues built to...

#books #growth #personal-development #leadership #philosophy #business

Justin H.’s Avatar
Justin H. Jul 11, 2016 489 views

What type of career can you get if you major in philosophy?

I would like to know what career a major in philosophy would lead to....

#philosophy

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jun 30, 2016 1758 views

Favorite podcasts for self-development?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! #philosophy #growth...

#podcasts

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jun 29, 2016 927 views

As an aspiring leader and entrepreneur, what are three books I must read?

I am 19 years old at university. This summer I've immersed myself in a variety of texts ranging from philosophy to leadership advice. I still am, however, looking for that one book to spark a certain inspiration. If you have any book recommendations, I would love to hear it. #entrepreneurship...

#books #recommendation #leadership #philosophy #reading

Alec J.’s Avatar
Alec J. May 29, 2016 616 views

......Why?

I was curious about how the community would react to this question. In college, I had a roommate that told me a story about how his uncle was in a philosophy class and there was one question on his final exam. The question was the title of the post, why?. How would you react to a question like...

#college #technology #student #philosophy #psychology

Forrest B.’s Avatar
Forrest B. May 22, 2016 802 views

Will Cannabis or cannabis related industries, be the next production boom for america?

look at the media this is clearly a hot topic of debate, but for some reason talk has slowed I say lets re-open more discussion on this topic. #lawyer #entrepreneurship #investing #philosophy #judges #farming #cannabis...

#drug-delivery

Forrest B.’s Avatar
Forrest B. May 22, 2016 659 views

why do many highschools, and now some colleges, stress standardized testing?

I come from the deep south and in the school environment i've seen there is more stress put on passing a test than retaining information. I have even received cheat sheets, along with the rest of the class, from teachers for tests. now in college I see that almost nothing was retained and have...

#politics #art #philosophy #sociology #educator #education #philanthropy #psychology

Trevor Warren W.’s Avatar
Trevor Warren W. Apr 12, 2016 718 views

What are the possible career paths for a college graduate with a degree in philosophy?

I am currently a sophomore in high school. I will soon be looking at potential colleges that I would like to go to and potential careers I would like to pursue. I have taken an interest in philosophy and questioning the institutions and beliefs around me. I would like to major in philosophy in...

#career-path #philosophy #philosophy-practice

Antonio F.’s Avatar
Antonio F. May 14, 2015 1046 views
Antonio F.’s Avatar
Antonio F. Apr 21, 2015 809 views
Mercedes B.’s Avatar
Mercedes B. Mar 17, 2015 589 views

In order to become a family therapist, are specific clubs or internships that are newly instated since 2008?

I am a senior, with experience of being in family drama, who wants to know if there is a possibly that I would have to learn different techniques to adopt from a family therapist so for when I actually take up this occupation, I will be able to positive service to my patients. #psychology...

#philosophy

Ayan A.’s Avatar
Ayan A. May 01, 2014 986 views

What would be a good career for someone with doesn't need to worry for money

I know people who really don't need money for a living. I wonder why do they still work 9-5? Can't they enjoy life and do something meaningful for the society? #counseling...

#philosophy