Career Questions tagged Literature

Isabelle G.’s Avatar
Isabelle G. Oct 07 73 views

Should I shift my course even if it's my passion?

I'm currently studying AB Literature (sophomore year) and I love my course. I love my readings, my teachers, my block mates, I love everything about literature; it has always been my passion. But I realised that I'm not going to use my degree in the future. I have no interest in becoming a...

#shifting #business #marketing #literature #college

Paola M.’s Avatar
Paola M. Apr 16 108 views

What is the best way to become a writer?

I love to read and write and I wouldn't mind working in a field that involves that such as publishing and editing. But I would like to write my own books or be a writer in a some type of magazine. What would be the best way to get my writing noticed and successful? I would like to major in...

#writing #books #columnist #author #english #literature

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 147 views

Where could one intern who is an English major?

I've been considering applying for several schools that would require internships for me to complete my degree, and I would like to take as much advantage of this opportunity as possible. I'm primarily interested in a career involving the literary arts. Are there any particular types of places...

#double-major #literature #internships #english

Emmalee B.’s Avatar
Emmalee B. Aug 28, 2018 152 views

What steps should I take to become an editor?

Eventually I want to edit books for a living. Right now I'm a senior in high school. I plan on majoring in English once in college. Where do I go from there? #editor #writing #english...

#literature

Mara D.’s Avatar
Mara D. Aug 13, 2018 127 views

Is it hard to find a job as a bilingual teacher after college?

I really want to become a great teacher that will prepare and help future generation to (sound like a fantasy?) make the world a better place. Yet I'm scared that my career will not be successful or worth it. #teacher # #career # #success #teaching...

#literature

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Jul 23, 2018 213 views

How Do I Sell Books in More Than One Genre?

As a young writer, I'm told all the time that I have to stick to one genre and one genre only. The problem is I like all genres and have written in all genres and formats. I write whatever I want, but I'm told that no one will publish me unless I allow myself to get stuck into a niche/specialty...

#publishing #literature #writing #author

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Jul 23, 2018 180 views

How Do I Break Into the Screenwriting Industry?

How do I get into writing for film? Is it easier than writing literature or is it harder? I don't want to be famous, just write things. Which is an easier field to get into or what is the significant difference that could affect my choice about which writing industry to go into? #writing #film...

#literature #author #writer

Amanda N.’s Avatar
Amanda N. Mar 11, 2018 223 views

What influence have the classics had on your understanding of literature?

Interested in further pursuing ancient Greek or Latin, curious as to how deeper study in those areas influences literary perceptions. #english-literature #classical-studies #literature...

#college-major

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 333 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

#high-school-classes #class #literature #student #essays #english #bad-teachers #help #english-literature #survival #bad-classes #advice #reading #tips #book #writing #books #novels #classes #student-advice #surviving-high-school #academic-english #essay #novel

Lily S.’s Avatar
Lily S. Jan 15, 2018 187 views

What is a typical job for a History or Literature major?

I am thinking of majoring in #history or #literature and am wondering what career path this would put me on. I am not sure what I want to do when I am older, but I do know I love these subjects! Please let me...

lydia M.’s Avatar
lydia M. May 17, 2016 379 views

What kind of internships are helpful, and available for English majors?

I've heard that it is a bit tough to get a job with an English major; so, i was wondering if an internship may help and what those may look like. #literature #english #career #higher-education...

#humanities

Kyle W.’s Avatar
Kyle W. Sep 28, 2017 348 views

What opportunities are there available for those interested in linguistics?

I'm interested in language and literature. What sorts of work could I get involved in? #english-literature #linguistics #language #literature...

#career-counseling

Brian M.’s Avatar
Brian M. Mar 31, 2017 883 views

I'm interested in everything and good at everything, what direction should I go in?

I hate tooting my own horn but...I'm the nerd's geek. In school, and I went to a pretty tough school (for USA), I performed equally well in pretty much anything I put effort into. Not only that, but my interests are so varied. I could spend all day reading literature, or analyzing film,...

#math #engineering #academic-advising #science #literature #higher-education

Luka G.’s Avatar
Luka G. Feb 17, 2017 748 views

What's the difference between IB Literature SL and IB Language and Literature SL? Which one do colleges value higher?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I want to pursue the IB diploma. I was wondering to what is the main difference between IB Literature SL and IB Language and Literature SL, which one do colleges value higher, and is one harder than the other? #college #english #language #courses #literature...

#english-literature #ib-diploma

Kais S.’s Avatar
Kais S. Jan 23, 2017 402 views

how to become better in French? i have all the basics, grammar and vocabulary, but i find it difficult when it comes to understand spoken french.

I am highly interested in learning french, i want to know the best way to become better with conversations (understanding spoken language). #english #literature...

#french

Vera L.’s Avatar
Vera L. Oct 21, 2016 644 views

How can I publish a book?

I have written a novel and need some help figuring out how to publish it. #writing #author #literature #publishing...

#online-publishing

Vanaja R.’s Avatar
Vanaja R. Jun 24, 2016 741 views

What kinds of careers are options for people good at poetry? What degree should I pursue?

Hai I am Vanaja. I am interested in and very good in Poetry. I am from India . Do we have any degree supporting Poetry? Pls let me know the Courses, Scope of Poetry and the Job Opportunities? #professor #literature...

#poetry

sree V.’s Avatar
sree V. Jun 23, 2016 564 views

I want to become an actor?

my school also sponsors plays and am a part of my school's acting group and so want to make acting as my career,need suggestions regarding my career plans. #acting #arts #theatre #literature...

#plays

palak K.’s Avatar
palak K. Jun 23, 2016 431 views

I opted for commerce but changed my mind and want to make a career in arts. Is there a scope of bright future in this field?

want to know about arts and literature and what do i have to do to excel in that field. #professor #writing #english #arts...

#literature

Evan C.’s Avatar
Evan C. May 24, 2016 531 views

What courses are needed for a career in literature?

I know this is kind of hard to answer, but I plan on going in the English/literature field for and after college, and I was wondering which classes would be most helpful in honing my writing skills. I heard that you don't actually need college for this career, but I felt like it wouldn't hurt...

#writing #english-composition #english #literature #college

Evan C.’s Avatar
Evan C. May 24, 2016 481 views

Is it easier to get your own book published or to become a journalist for a newspaper/magazine?

I'm really conflicted about what I want to do in regards to my career. Like, the broad idea is pursue an occupation in the writing field, but I just wanted some advice over which one is considered easier. #journalism #writing #english #literature...

#english-literature

Eve L.’s Avatar
Eve L. May 19, 2016 311 views
Eve L.’s Avatar
Eve L. May 19, 2016 405 views

What are the benefits in getting a doctorate?

I want to get a Multidisciplinary degree in English Literature and Psycholgy. I was wondering whether I should get a doctorate or a masters. #psychology #degree #literature...

#doctorate

lydia M.’s Avatar
lydia M. May 17, 2016 366 views

What kind of jobs are available to an English major after completing school?

I love literature; however, I am nervous that dedicating all my time in college to this subject may ultimately leave me without a job. #literature #english-composition...

#shakespeare

Timothy C.’s Avatar
Timothy C. May 14, 2016 393 views

How important is college to one who is pursuing a career in literature?

Some writers write great things even though they don't necessarily have a higher education #college #english...

#literature

aida S.’s Avatar
aida S. May 13, 2016 460 views
aida S.’s Avatar
aida S. May 13, 2016 534 views

what could i get a job in if i want to major in english literature?

I want to major in English literature but I am unsure if there is anything out there I can do that interests me? #job #major #english #in...

#literature

Elysia Brookelyn M.’s Avatar
Elysia Brookelyn M. May 12, 2016 398 views

What is the possibility of getting a good job abroad if you have a Creative Writing degree?

I am an incoming freshman and wanted to major in creative writing and plan to teach in Europe. In Ireland to be specific. #teaching #teacher #professor #english #literature #historian #education-counselor...

#authors

Theresa J.’s Avatar
Theresa J. May 09, 2016 693 views

Did college help you become a better writer?

Hi, I am an aspiring writer and I am taking college-course writing classes and I am wondering if, as a writing, your college literature and writing courses benefited you any. And if so, which benefited you more: the study and analysis of literature, or the enhancing of your writing skills in...

#creative-writing #literature #author