What kinds of careers are options for people good at poetry? What degree should I pursue?

Hai I am Vanaja. I am interested in and very good in Poetry. I am from India . Do we have any degree supporting Poetry? Pls let me know the Courses, Scope of Poetry and the Job Opportunities? professor literature poetry

Hi Vanaja! We're working on getting your question answered! Lindsey Manning-Djabbari BACKER

5

Phong’s Answer

Someone who is good at poetry should keep writing and be a poet. But if you need to make ends meet, a career as a copy writer in the advertising industry may be good to pay the bills. As for degrees, I am not sure about India but in Singapore there is a taught Creative Writing Master's Degree offered by LaSalle School of the Arts

Phong recommends the following next steps:

Check out: https://www.lasalle.edu.sg/programmes/postgraduate/ma-creative-writing
0

Ahmad’s Answer

For poetry, it depends which language are you interested in.
If you like poetry in english, then you can study literature at college/university level. take bachelor or master degrees and maybe even P.HD.
Same goes for any other language.
If you are a really good poet, then you can write your poems and publish them. You can also become a lyricist and write songs.You can teach literature at school or college level. So career options are there, you just have to be good at what you do!

0