Career Questions tagged Reading

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#reporting #journalist #books #reading #writing #author #journalism #english

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#reading #writing #math #english #ap #education #language #academy #high-school

Elisabeth H.’s Avatar
Elisabeth H. Aug 24, 2018

How do you learn to read faster while still comprehending the information?

I have a very heavy reading workload, on top of a busy work and school schedule. How do I get it done faster without compromising my learning? #reading...

#student

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Jan 19, 2018

As a candidate for a Master's in Literacy, I will need to do a case study. Which topic for my case study will help struggling readers the most?

In order to get a Master's in Literacy you must work on a case study and do research with the students you are currently teaching. Since the case study is a labor intensive process, I want to study something that will actually impact student learning and reading proficiency. #reading...

#research #masters #literacy #masters-degree

Devon W.’s Avatar
Devon W. Jul 18, 2018

What kind of tech was helpful for you when you were starting out your career?

I want to be an editor, so nothing too fancy, right? #career-options #tech #english...

#reading

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. May 04, 2018

Is it possible to increase your memory retention and reading speed to read a 200 page book in just a couple of hours?

It seems that it takes hours and hours to complete a reading assignment and I can never remember all that I have read. I have been told that the speed at which a person reads is something non-alterable, but I am sure that there is a way to be able to read faster and retain more information so...

#memory #reading

Catherine P.’s Avatar
Catherine P. Jan 17, 2018

How much writing and reading are expected?

Sometimes you can't understand what you're reading unless you break it down to annotate, and annotating takes long itself to do. Do all subjects require to do that as well? #reading #writing #education...

jennifer G.’s Avatar
jennifer G. Mar 21, 2018

If my strength are reading all kinds of books and painting what types of careers or industries might fit me?

Ever since I was little I loved to read any kinds of books but really I only could get in to was fantasy and books that have action and adventure in them. As I got older i started to love painting but i have no idea what careers would best fit me? #career #career-choice #reading #painting...

#art

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

#writing #student-advice #novels #bad-teachers #english #academic-english #high-school-classes #student #essay #essays #survival #help #bad-classes #books #tips #advice #reading #class #surviving-high-school #book #novel #classes #literature #english-literature

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Jan 19, 2018

As a future Reading Specialist, in which particular reading intervention should I be trained?

I am asking this question because there are several reading programs out there for struggling readers. School districts pay a lot of money to get reading teachers trained in reading interventions and I want to be trained in the most effective reading program for my students. #reading...

#literacy

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017

What is the 1 book you would suggest everyone reads in their lifetime?

I'm making it a personal goal to read for 30 minutes daily again, and am looking for some quality material. Anything related to science, technology, or woman's history are very interesting to me. #college #engineering #science #technology #tech #women-in-tech #reading #women-in-engineering...

#books

Sidney T.’s Avatar
Sidney T. Sep 01, 2017

How can I make reading more interesting for kids?

My career path is to become a teacher. #teaching-prek-12 #teaching #teach #teacher...

#reading

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017

My mother says I synthesize material very well. How can I benefit from this awkward positivity?

I think the question says it all. I can take a number of random things and start interconnecting them to one another and adding additional information because its just how my mind works. There are so many ways to about solving a problem. #research #reading #recruitment...

#enrichment

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 12, 2017

How to manage LOADS of reading assignments?

I taking 19 credits of classes this term, all of which have an astronomical amount of reading homework. Every time I go through my assignments, I've realized that I may not be reading effectively. I tried skimming and underlining, but by upon finishing the text, I realize I didn't quite grasp...

#academic-advising #college #scheduling #studying #student-development #reading #studying-tips

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jun 29, 2016

As an aspiring leader and entrepreneur, what are three books I must read?

I am 19 years old at university. This summer I've immersed myself in a variety of texts ranging from philosophy to leadership advice. I still am, however, looking for that one book to spark a certain inspiration. If you have any book recommendations, I would love to hear it. #entrepreneurship...

#books #leadership #reading #philosophy #recommendation

Safa M.’s Avatar
Safa M. Jun 24, 2016
Safa M.’s Avatar
Safa M. Jun 24, 2016

What are common mistakes made while preparing Curriculum Vitae

What points to consider while making a resume for applying for a job #resume #writing #reading...

#cvs

Eliah U.’s Avatar
Eliah U. Jun 01, 2016
Carlos R.’s Avatar
Carlos R. Mar 26, 2014

What does the day of a librarian look like?

I have wanted to be a librarian as a kid, but I am not really interested in being one anymore. I am just curious on what they work on and what it takes to be one. #reading #librarian #bookkeeping...

#library

Hamanda .’s Avatar
Hamanda . May 23, 2012

What type of classes should i take in college to become a sucessful writer?

I am a high school junior. I have always loved to read, and i love to write poetry. I want to write fiction or fantasy novels when i get older. I just want to know what steps should i do now before i finish highschool to prepare for the classes i should take in college. #writing #reading...

#poetry #fiction #fantasy