Career Questions tagged Working

Brandi S.’s Avatar
Brandi S. Aug 30, 2018 194 views

How to balance working?

I plan to work as I go to school. I am simply curious about the difficulty of this and if you may know any tips for balancing the two duties. Thank you in advance! :) #working #work-life-balance...

#school

Ana G.’s Avatar
Ana G. Aug 28, 2018 154 views

How can I find a balance between study, work and social life?

I have to find a job in order to pay for at least half of my tuition as scholarships won't do enough. How can a balance all the projects for school and still work? #workandstudy #financingeducation #schoolarships #social-work #work-life-balance...

#working

Aubrey B.’s Avatar
Aubrey B. Aug 22, 2018 161 views

College is costly. What are some tips and tricks that will help me stick to a budget? What jobs work best for college students?

I want to double major, so finding time to work more than a part time job will be very difficult. What are some simple ways for me to make and save money? #college-jobs #job-search #help...

#working

Sarah P.’s Avatar
Sarah P. Aug 20, 2018 141 views

Will I have time in college to both work and study?

I'm going to have to work my way through college and I don't want to have to pull all-nighters to get my assignments done. #working...

#collegejob

Kathryn H.’s Avatar
Kathryn H. Aug 18, 2018 126 views

What is involved in the daily work life as a mechanical engineer?

Will be going for this degree but would like a simple answer as to typical job aspects....

#working

MaryJo T.’s Avatar
MaryJo T. Aug 13, 2018 107 views

When is the best time to go to college?

Should I work for a year and then attend college or should I go straight to college even though I might have to take out some student loans...

#working

Emily B.’s Avatar
Emily B. Aug 10, 2018 132 views

What are some realistic jobs to look for as a full-time student?

I'm going to school in Boston for the upcoming school year, and even though I didn't qualify for a work study, I'm going to need to work during the school year to be able to make it through college without excessive amounts of debt. I don't want to sacrifice all of my time outside of classes to...

#jobs #working #school #fulltimestudent #college

McKay B.’s Avatar
McKay B. Aug 09, 2018 109 views

How many hours do people typically work when attending school full time?

I'm planning to working full time while attending college and don't know if that will hurt my grades. #jobs #working #school #work #college...

#sleep

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Aug 05, 2018 141 views

How did you doctors manage your private pratices during the first few years?

I am debating on whether I want to do hospital work and private clinic work after graduating from medical school. #medicine # #work-life-balance #social-work #college #working...

#work

Caitlin G.’s Avatar
Caitlin G. Jul 09, 2018 221 views
Vanessa R.’s Avatar
Vanessa R. May 28, 2018 201 views

How easy is it to do work study freshman year?

I need to do work study to pay off my loans and I am wondering if it is easy to handle school and work study. #work #work-life-balance...

#working

Emily B.’s Avatar
Emily B. May 27, 2018 244 views

How does working long hours affect your relationships, hobbies, and interests?

I'd like to direct this question mainly to those in the medical field because that is what I'm looking to go into, but any insights are greatly appreciated! Even as a high school student I've had to put some of hobbies and interests on the back burner because of all of the school work and...

#hobbies #relationships #timemanagement #working #balance #medicine #time

koray A.’s Avatar
koray A. Jan 16, 2018 242 views

What is the benefit of a college degree compared to real life training?

who will have the advantage? someone who spends four years in the work force vs someone who spent 4 years in college to obtain a degree when looking for a career? #college #experience #career-development #career-preparation #working...

#career-counseling

Mackenzie S.’s Avatar
Mackenzie S. Jan 16, 2018 230 views

How do i manage working and going to college while still having time to learn the things i need to in my classes?

I need to find a job when i go to college in order to help my parents in paying for things and i would like to know how to manage school and a job in the best way. #working #college #work-life-balance...

#time-management

Emma J.’s Avatar
Emma J. Mar 18, 2018 151 views

What is the easiest way to balance college, homework and part time work?

I am going to have/need all 3! Would love some advise! #working...

Joseph Z.’s Avatar
Joseph Z. Jan 19, 2018 229 views

Whether it is best for a student to focus on completing their education during their summers away from school or to focus on working and providing income?

It has been my dream to pursue a graduate education in the liberal arts for the purpose of teaching at the university level, in order to contribute in enlightening and sharpening the minds of future generations. To accomplish this goal, I am currently a graduate student seeking a doctoral...

#working #graduate-school #summer-courses

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Oct 15, 2017 444 views

What can you do with you Psychology BA degree?

I know i'm not the only one feeling this way, but as I'm graduating soon (next year), I'm a bit nervous and I wonder what are the options out there for psychology major students? I don't want to jump into grad school right away since I haven't figured out which field I really want to invest...

#technology #career-path #career-choice #life-coaching #career #volunteering #graduate-school #working #undergraduate #psychology

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 22, 2017 603 views

Is it appropriate to add work experience in a place you weren't officially employed at in your resume?

My parents own a grocery store, and when I was a young child, I would help by doing simple tasks such as putting away shopping baskets, aiding cashiers with bagging groceries, and bringing shopping carts inside the store. I also worked at the deli section when it first opened and took orders...

#job #work #working #employment #resume #career

Kemi L.’s Avatar
Kemi L. Jan 02, 2017 395 views

What are some tips on balancing between school, work, and hobbies?

I am quite at time-managing but sometimes, I can also fall victim to procrastination. #time-management...

#working

Samantha L.’s Avatar
Samantha L. Oct 26, 2016 529 views

What is some advice for someone who just graduated highschool ?

I am about to graduate and I know that i want to work with technology/ repair #graduate-school...

#working

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Jul 21, 2016 680 views

How to stay awake?

Junior year is fast approaching, and I've been having trouble with sleep. Not getting to sleep, no, but waking up. During the school year in particular, if I am tired I will drop dead asleep. No exceptions. This often leaves work unfinished and/or causes lateness the following morning. How do I...

#sleeping #working #studying-tips #studying #mental-health

Shakuan F.’s Avatar
Shakuan F. Jun 12, 2016 416 views

What are some tips for building a resume that will stand out?

As an undergrad student with no work experience, what are some other sections that I can add to my resume to stand out? I want to show my employer that even though I've never had an official job, I have acquired skills that make me suitable for the position. #jobs #job #resume...

#working

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. May 26, 2016 437 views

Financial Help for school

I am currently trying to go back to school and have applied for FAFSA, I barely got any money and my parents have no saved money for me to go to school. I have a job that pays minimum wage but want to better myself, I will most likely have to take out a ton of loans. I have applied for...

#scholarship #working #financial-aid

Eric J.’s Avatar
Eric J. May 19, 2016 930 views

How do you juggle being a full-time student and working part-time?

I am a full-time college student who also works part time in the I.T. field. I am curious to hear how others properly juggle receiving an education full-time all the while gaining work experience by working part-time. #college #education #student #working...

#full-time

Adam  H.’s Avatar
Adam H. May 18, 2016 582 views

What is the best thing I can do outside of school to prepare for college and beyond?

Right now I am a high school student and am wondering what to do with what free time that I have. #degree...

#working

Hailey C.’s Avatar
Hailey C. May 16, 2016 610 views

Lets say you finish college and loved learning about what your career would be like and you loved everywhere you interned, but what do you do if you start your career and you hate it?

I am about to be a sophomore in college and currently I'm loving everything I have learned about the career I want. I have not interned yet but I am just curious what someone would do if they finish all their schooling and then get to their career and don't like it. I want to know how they...

#career-paths #career-path #working #career-change

Matthew G.’s Avatar
Matthew G. May 13, 2016 504 views

Is It Doable to work full time and go go school full time

I was wanting to hear peoples experience working full time and going to college full time because I will probably be in that situation #college #money-management...

#working

tia F.’s Avatar
tia F. May 13, 2016 392 views

Where can i Expect to find the most opportunities for a forensic chemistry degree?

I live in Texas and I know the demand for science degrees are low, but I would like to know, if not in Texas, where is the biggest demand for those working in my degree plan. that way I can start thinking of places I need to go after graduation. #science #chemistry #forensic #masters #women...

#working