Career questions tagged spring24

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Kamiya181 views

How can I prepare myself for my future in medicine and in college?

As an African American woman aspiring to be a cardiothoracic surgeon, what are some struggles I should prepare myself for before going off to college and in the work field?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Marissa286 views

Does anyone know about specific business internships that a high schooler could do?

If someone knows specific internships or who I could connect with, I would appreciate any links or thoughts. I'm thinking about doing a paid internship while working in a business field as I would like to major in something along those lines.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sabrina258 views

What should I do to get into a prestigious college?

Specific extracurriculars? Volunteering? Dedication? Good GPA?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Olivia158 views

Any tips or advice on whether its worth it to become a zoo vet vs zookeeper? Thank you all! #Spring24

I am currently a zoo science major and debating on whether I want to go to vet school after I graduate!

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aishwarya337 views

Which major has a better outlook for the future (computer science engineering or biomedical engineering) and what other courses or skills should I take or develop before and during college? #Spring24

I'm asking as a student who has just completed junior year(4.52 gpa and top 13%, 1560 SAT) A secondary question would be whether I would be able to get into a biomedical degree as I have a background in comp sci with (AP computer classes..) but a weaker background in biology/health-related courses(I took AP Psychology and health-related classes but I haven't done any medical internships or extra programs). #Spring24

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Christine144 views

What minors should I consider with a Computer Science Major?

I am majoring in Computer Science. I just finished my 1st year a few weeks ago and I will be assigned a major adviser soon. I was considering getting a minor in Chinese, but I wonder how much that will benefit me. Are there other minors I should considering taking instead of a language that will help me?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Emma293 views

Choosing the right major :(

I'm currently having a crisis about choosing a college major. I'm a 30-year-old female who moved to the United States 7 years ago, and English is my second language. I work full-time at a large hospital as a transporter, and prior to that, I worked as a patient care technician with a CNA certification. My gpa is 3.9. I'm afraid I will choose the wrong major and also really tired about thinking about it. I'm torn between three majors: respiratory care, nursing, and radiologic technology. While working as a patient care tech, I realized that nursing is a very stressful job, and I kind of gave up on pursuing it. However, I know that it comes with decent salary that's why I still think about it, but it is at the end of my list. I just applied to a Respiratory Care (BAS) program and got accepted. I like the idea of Respiratory Care because it offers more specialization than nursing, but I am not sure %100. Radiologic Technology is also great option, but the rumors of AI potentially replacing the jobs in the field makes me think twice. Also, I sometimes feel very self-conscious about my accent. Since Radiologic Technology requires less direct patient interaction, it seems like a good option. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chetsada307 views

How do I make effective and engaging scripts?

Hello! I am a 2nd year Biomedical Engineering student, however, I am looking to start content creating and script-writing on the side. Any tips? Thanks #Spring24

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
sophia278 views

How can I begin playing soccer and enhance my abilities?

Hi, I am a 15-year-old who recently started ballet classes around February. I am interested in picking up another sport, specifically soccer. Although I have never played soccer on a team or taken any classes, there are no options available for kids my age in my area. I have even considered pursuing soccer professionally and am willing to put in 100% effort and dedication, but I am unsure if this is attainable. My plan involves playing soccer and potentially taking lessons to improve my skills. By my sophomore year, I aim to make the junior varsity team, and in my junior year, I hope to advance to the varsity level and potentially join a girls academy team.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alisa169 views

How can I find a proper school/life balance and improve the areas where I am lacking?

I am currently a 2nd-year student at CUNY Baruch College studying Marketing. I am still unsure if I picked the right major but some aspects interest me. I desire to improve my communication skills and time management because I have been struggling and I want a clearer sense of direction.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mark267 views

How to prepare well for accounts examination?

I am at the University level.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jazzy188 views

What are some key tips to achieving a 4.0 GPA in engineering undergrad ?

Going into engineering this fall, and wanted to know what are some tips for doing well in the program? I have about seven classes first semester so I am a bit worried. #Spring24

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mariah56 views

What kind of support and resources are available for high school students who want to become nursing students to help them succeed academically and in their clinical placements Can you tell me about the clinical rotation opportunities in your nursing program and what types of healthcare settings students get to experience? What are the admission requirements for the nursing program, and are there any specific high school courses or experiences you recommend to prepare for nursing school? ?

I am currently in highschool worried about my future

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mary Hope205 views

What is the most effective way to gain experience and hours related to working with animals?

I am currently a highschool junior who wants to go into the medical field for a profession, specifically veterinary science. Right now i work at a dog daycare, boarding, and grooming place. My experience with animals here includes distrubituing, food and water, cleaning dog supplies, bathing dogs, giving medications as instructed by owners, and watching over up to over 20 dogs at a time. Apart from that, i also regularly pet sit for close friends and family. I have also taken three health science classes and am certified in human CPR and first aid.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Brenda300 views

How can I make the most of my summer vacation to prepare for senior year and apply to colleges?

I'm currently a junior, and I need some advice on how to spend my summer vacation to help prepare for my upcoming senior year.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Izabela296 views

How can I best prepare myself for working in the world of counseling?

Just graduated high school. Going to major in psychology next academic year in university. I am really interested in counseling and as I continue studying I will be able to figure out how to narrow down what kind of counseling I want my focus to be. I want to be doing things outside of school that will also be helping me to prepare for the counseling world. Any suggestions? Thank you!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Shaina478 views

I am looking to intern for a Business Analyst or Project Manager position?

I want to intern but am unsure if I could handle the responsibilities. I also want to job shadow, but seeing that their offices are far from my location. Job shadowing online might be difficult. What can I do?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Malak212 views

How can I become a pediatric nurse, right after graduation from nursing school with my bachelors of nursing#Spring24?

Hello, I’m a sophomore in college and finishing my pre-reqs for nursing and later on wanting to apply to nursing school to get my bachelors of nursing. And my main goal for becoming a nurse is not just in general I want to get into a special field like pediatric nurse and just what to know will that be enough for me to become a pediatric nurse right after getting my bachelors of nursing or is there any requirements for me to do in order to become a pediatric nurse?? Also, with that question what should I know when becoming a pediatric nurse the pros and cons and will it be worth it? #Spring24

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
JingFeng118 views

How can I better balance my work life and my personal life as a double major and as a commuter #Spring24?

I am double majoring in physics and mechanical engineering, which are known to be extremely tough majors. Because of this, I'm concerned if I'll even have time to spend with my friends and participate in club activities. On top of that, I'm a commuter student which limits my time even more. So I want advice that could help me balance my work schedule with my personal life. Thank you!!! #Spring24

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Julie76 views

what are some good extra curricular/activities to do during high school if im interested in med school ?

I’m interested in the medical field and I would like advice on what kind of activities I can. (also so colleges can see that I am dedicated)

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Grace297 views

What is the best way to become certain of my career choice and college pursuit early on?

I am unsure whether I want to be a forensic medical examiner or a crime scene investigator, and I need advice on how to pick what's right for me.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Raygan200 views

What challenges you in life?

After being in school, what on a daily basis is something you have to learn and overcome that is typically challenging?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hailey235 views

What is a good major for Pre-medical Studies?

I want to go to become a doctor and I know most are Biological Science majors but I saw that are more pre-med majors but I have never heard anyone with a different major.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Quierra191 views

What steps should I take to secure a job or internship related to my field of study ?

I'm currently a 14-year-old in high school, and i've been thinking about approaching getting a job or internship in my area of interest. I want to be ready and know what steps to take beforehand to secure one.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
chamel131 views

What is the worst way to get fired from a job OR get kicked out from a college ?

This may sound like dumb question, but i just want to know so i don´t make those mistake in any further job or kick out from a college.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
nina121 views

Should I still try and get the careers I want? how could I cope with the stress?

I wanna work in a career that helps people but the responsibility of someone's life/health is a lot and makes me hesitant to follow the careers I want like working as a pediatrician or law enforcement. I don't wanna make a mistake or miss something and be painted as a bad doctor/LEO.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gipsaris192 views

would it be worth it to become a neurosurgeon?

I've been thinking recently ever since I decided that I wanted to be a neurosurgeon a few months ago, would the job really be worth it? sure they get paid a lot, but the hours would be excruciating. Not only that but the training they have is extremely difficult and intense. It'll also take a long time to achieve, roughly 8 years to complete the training. I'm worried that I wouldn't be fit for the role but I'm certain I want to be some sort of doctor, an important one. Should I keep trying or search for a different job?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
L104 views

Is a gap year worth the break from college?

Or is it dependent on your field/major

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Leslie136 views

How can I start learning about cosmetology as a freshman in high school?

Is there any beginner classes for cosmetology around my area I can take to get a head start to my future career path?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Savannah194 views

What is the best nursing job to have?

Hi my name is Savannah and i have wanted to be in the Medical Field for a while now. I went from wanting to be a pediatrician to a veterinarian but now i just want to be a nurse. The type of nurse is what i'm struggling with, i've heard about some but i want to know the pros and cons of them and which one would be the best to pick.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon