Career Questions tagged Biomedical Science

Kialy C.’s Avatar
Kialy C. Jan 21, 2018 282 views

Would Biomedical Science or Animal Science benefit me more for my Veterinary Medicine degree?

I am going to college in the fall and I have the option of a biomedical major or an animal science major. I want to work towards a Veterinary Medicine degree after my undergraduate, so I want to make the right decision. After researching this question I keep getting the response that to apply...

#animal-science #veterinary #veterinary-medicine #biomedical-science

Jada H.’s Avatar
Jada H. Jan 17, 2018 431 views

Is there a profession out there that's an equal balance between creative writing/publishing and biomedical science?

I am torn between majoring in English and Biomedical Science/Engineering. I love to write stories and strive to become an editor for a publishing company/fiction author or screenwriter, but I also love genetics and would love to be a genetic engineer and researcher (see the details from my...

#career-path #science-fiction #copy-editing #career-decisions #grant-writing #creative-writing #writing #proposal-writing #biomedical-engineering #fiction #author #english #genetics #editor #screenwriting #communications #multiple-interests #writing-and-editing #biomedical-science #fiction-writing #dual-career #career-choice #news-writing #publishing #technical-writing #creative-non-fiction #double-major

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Apr 11, 2017 621 views

If I get a Bachelor's in biology, can I get a Master's and PhD in biomedical science?

I'm a high school student who wants to be a biomedical researcher, but most of the colleges that I'm looking at only offer biology and not biomedical science as a major. I'm wondering if I can jump to biomedical science in grad school, even though I didn't major in it in undergrad. #biology...

#research #biomedical #biomedical-science #medical-research #science-phd

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Apr 02, 2017 526 views

If I want to do research, is a degree in bioengineering necessary?

I'm interested in becoming a researcher in the field of biomedicine, but I'm not sure if I would need to get a BA or Master's in bioengineering in order to do that. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer #biomedical-science...

#bioengineering

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 19, 2017 954 views

What is the difference between biomedical engineering, medical research, and the pharmaceutical industry?

I'm interested in pursuing a career path in one of the above fields, so I would like some clarification as to what these specific careers entail. #biomedical-engineering #pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #medical-research...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 12, 2017 1214 views

What does a pharmacologist do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in pharmacology, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #research #pharmacy #biomedical #pharmaceuticals #biomedical-science #pharmaceutical-industry...

#pharmacology

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 12, 2017 899 views

What does a biomedical engineer do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #engineering #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 554 views

Is it possible to get a job in the research industry, not academia, with a PhD in biomedical science?

I'm interested in pursuing a job as a researcher and was wondering about whether it would be possible for me to work in research in the industry. #research #phd #medical-research #biomedical-science...

#science-phd

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 393 views

Can I still do biomedical research with a degree in biochemistry?

I'm interested in becoming a biomedical scientist. Would I need to get a Bachelor's Degree in biomedical science only, or would biochemistry allow me to work in that industry as well? #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #medical-research #biomedical-engineer...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 452 views

How do students pursuing a PhD working in research earn money?

I'm interested in getting a PhD in biomedical science, but I'm not sure how to earn money working as a researcher while still having to pay for school. #research #biomedical #phd #medical-research #biomedical-science...

#science-phd

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 554 views

Is a PhD required to get a good job in the biomedical field?

This is a bit of a general question, but I'm interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, research, or science. I've heard that there is much competition and that a lot of experience is required to get a job in this field. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#science-phd #biomedical-engineer #biomedical-science #medical-research

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 551 views

What are the steps required to become a biomedical scientist?

I'm a sophomore in high school and am not fully sure of the prerequisites needed to pursue a career in biomedical science. For example, what would I need to major in in college? Should I get a PhD or Master's? #science #college-major #biology #research #biomedical-engineering #medical-research...

#biomedical-engineer #biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 452 views

How did you about becoming a biomedical researcher?

I'm a sophomore in high school who is interested in pursuing the field of biomedical research in the future, and I don't know all of the steps required to become a researcher. I'm planning to take AP Chemistry and Biology, as well as AP Stats and BC Calculus in the 11th and 12th grades. What...

#college #biology #research #medical-research #biomedical-science #college-major #science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 29, 2017 500 views

What are the academic steps required to become a biomedical researcher?

I'm not sure of the specific field I would need to major in to pursue that career field. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #medical-research...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 29, 2017 634 views

What are the academic steps required to become a pharmacologist?

I'm interested in pursuing pharmacology as a degree and am wondering what my academic path would be in this field. #medicine #research #pharmacy #biomedical #pharmaceuticals #medicine-research #biomedical-science...

#pharmacology

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 22, 2017 532 views

Is a Master's Degree required to get a good job in the biomedical research field?

My dream is to work in a laboratory doing biomedical research. I've heard there's lots of competition for this field and most companies only accept employees with a Master's Degree to do lab work. #science #research #biomedical-engineering #masters #medical-research...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 22, 2017 485 views

What are some tips for finding an internship as a high schooler?

I'm looking for an internship and am currently in high school, but I don't know how to start looking for one. I'm interested in the biomedical research field. #science #biology #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 22, 2017 440 views

How important is to find an internship as a high schooler specifically in the field of your intended major?

My career goal is to be a biomedical researcher in the immunogenetics field, but I was wondering if it finding an internship at another research field, for example oncology or genetics, would still be helpful to me. #science #biology #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 15, 2017 517 views

Is it required to get a degree in biomedical engineering from to become a biomedical researcher? Or is biomedical science enough?

I'm interest in becoming a biomedical researcher and work in a lab. I'm trying to figure out what my major should be so I can plan my high school classes. #biology #research #biomedical-engineering #medical-research #biomedical-science...

#researcher

Cameron F.’s Avatar
Cameron F. Oct 25, 2016 514 views

What is the most complicated or most interesting design you have had to make as a biomedical engineer?

I want to learn more about the various types of products biomedical engineers create and the scope that these products reach. #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #biomedical-engineer...

#biomedical-science

Claire U.’s Avatar
Claire U. Oct 23, 2016 420 views

What are acceptable undergraduate degrees to have before pursuing a graduate degree in biomedical engineering?

I am interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, specifically research in regenerative medicine. I have received conflicting information on undergraduate degrees in this area. Some sources tell me that I need a biomedical engineering undergraduate degree from a high-ranking...

#biomedical-engineering #medicine-research #biomedical-science #medicine

Claire U.’s Avatar
Claire U. Oct 23, 2016 517 views

What happens in a typical day for a biomedical engineer/researcher?

I am interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, specifically research in regenerative medicine. It seems that most of what I read about biomedical engineering careers is focused more on the mechanical side of the profession rather than the human side. I want to research topics...

Alexius P.’s Avatar
Alexius P. May 05, 2016 594 views

What careers can I consider with a Biomedical Science Degree?

I plan to major in Biomedical Science for my undergraduate degree and intend to go on to vet school. However, if things change, can I do anything with just a biomedical science degree and no further education or degree? #biology #veterinarian #biomedical...

#biomedical-science