What does a pharmacologist do on a daily basis?

Asked San Mateo, California

I'm interested in pursuing a career in pharmacology, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #research #pharmacy #biomedical #pharmaceuticals #biomedical-science #pharmaceutical-industry #pharmacology

Allen’s Answer

Updated Glenview, Illinois

There is a difference between the practice of pharmacy and the science that is pharmacology. Pharmacology is the science of how drugs work in the body as well as how the body affects drugs.
Pharmacology is an important subject in the study and practice of pharmacy. The practice of pharmacy involves our patients as humans and often thier pets. The pharmacist must have a thorough knowledge of drugs, thier actions, side effects, and complications. A pharmacist must have excellent communication skills with both patients and other healthcare providers. An excellent source for information are the college of pharmacy, The American Pharmacist Association, and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.

Allen Graber, BSPharm RPh

Thank you so much for your answer! That definitely cleared the difference up for me.

andy’s Answer

Updated Forest Park, Georgia

Most likely you are earning a Masters or PhD degree in pharmacology? As long as I know during pharmacy school which differs from your program. Pharmacologist can either be a professor to pharmacy students or to do their own research. Thanks for the question. Best of luck to you!!! Any further questions, keep me updated.