Career Questions tagged Research

Research is a skill acquired by increasing knowledge of a particular topic. Popular careers include research scientist, historian, and sociologist. For more information, please read below.

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 08 25 views
Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03 52 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#medicine #medical #research #biology

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 149 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#psychology #college #biology #research #college-major #major #business #university #undeclared

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 19 76 views
Leonardo Z.’s Avatar
Leonardo Z. Jun 16 120 views

Research in industry vs academia

I am a current graduate student in materials science looking into research careers after I graduate. Do you have any insights into the differences between doing research at a company, compared to a university? #science #research...

#graduate-school

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 56 views

What is the difference between Applied, Experimental, and Exploratory Research/ are they the same?

I'm a current undergrad student and want to pursue a career in research. I;m almost halfway through undergrad and I'm trying to narrow down what specifically I want to pursue. #medicine #research #science...

#biology

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 11 213 views

Can I work in comms fields (marketing, pr, etc.) with a Bachelor's in neuroscience?

I'm really intrigued with this subject and riveted to learn more to satisfy my curiosity. However, I can't see myself doing either research based or medical based jobs. I'd like to delve into the creative industry such as Marketing, Advertising and Design. Since there are bootcamps and...

#business #marketing #research #communications #neuroscience

Shirley L.’s Avatar
Shirley L. Jun 09 61 views

How to find volunteer opportunities for research and statistician in the Department of Education?

#research #education #chemistry I will be finishing a EDS degree in Education in December. I also have an education and professional background in research and...

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 240 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#research #engineering #science #computer-science #stem #math

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 186 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#minor #research #joint-major #engineering #career #college-major #internship #major #math

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 21 196 views

When is the best time for a college student to scout for internships and/or research opportunities?

I am taking summer classes this summer and planning to take more next summer so I can lessen my course work over the school year. During the school year I work part time on campus and my school runs by the quarter system, so I feel like summer classes are a must. That being said, I have left...

#engineering #college #internship #research

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 85 views

Any advice on how to build a research resume during the lockdown?

I'm a neuroscience and psychology student trying to get into research. My plans for this summer (interships/jobs) were postponed or cancelled. An #research #psychology #biology y advice on some alternate ways I can build my research experience during the...

Harry S.’s Avatar
Harry S. May 13 90 views

How do you get a lab internship as a high school student?

I would love to know, be introduced, or be given with any tips towards getting into a lab internship as a high school student specifically inside the pediatrics, behavior science, or Autism related lab research. #internship #student #highschool #science...

#research

Yasmine F.’s Avatar
Yasmine F. May 07 221 views

How to create a good linkedin profile?

I am a 3rd year science student and am looking to find an internship as a research assistant #internship #research #career-path...

#career

Aghia M.’s Avatar
Aghia M. Apr 27 125 views

How can I find remote research/internship oportunities this summer?

Hi! I just finished my freshmen year of undergrad and was supposed to enroll in a research project this summer. unfortunately all the programs that I applied to are cancelled due to covid-19. was wondering if I could still find some online research related programs. #research #internship...

#medical #science

Mary M.’s Avatar
Mary M. Apr 27 109 views

Advice for PhD seeking

I am currently a junior undergraduate student at the University of Washington and plan to pursue a PhD in the genomic sciences. I have experience in research, with over a year in three different labs. However, I am worried that my major makes me a less competitive applicant to programs such as...

#graduateschool #research #bioinformatics

Solomon P.’s Avatar
Solomon P. Apr 23 76 views

The relevance of medical Research in this pandemic?

#medical #research #medicine #biomedical I enjoy what I do and who I am as a biomedical...

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22 56 views

Do I need to remember the things I learn in chemistry?

I'm in chemistry right now, and sometimes I don't really enjoy it. Is it important to remember this stuff for medical school, or does only the grade matter? #college #doctor #research...

#medschool

Khushi M.’s Avatar
Khushi M. Apr 21 83 views

How to get opportunities for research ?

I’m a pre med student and I want to gain some research experience #medical #medicine #research #healthcare #doctor...

#medical-school

Sarah H.’s Avatar
Sarah H. Apr 06 110 views

What's the best route to becoming a marine biologist (or working in the marine science/research field) while living in a non-coastal state?

I am a Biology major and I am really interested in the marine science/research field. I applied for an internship for marine research in Cape Eleuthera and was unfortunately declined due to competitiveness. I'd really appreciate any advice anyone can give me that has experience in this field!...

#biology #research #career #marine-biology #science