Career Questions tagged Research

Research is a skill acquired by increasing knowledge of a particular topic. Popular careers include research scientist, historian, and sociologist. For more information, please read below.

cooper K.’s Avatar
cooper K. May 03 94 views
Anita S.’s Avatar
Anita S. Apr 28 84 views
Kira C.’s Avatar
Kira C. Apr 21 85 views

How do I start studying mortuary science on my own?

To all professional morticians out there, do you have any tips as to how I can study and research mortuary sciences? I'm unsure where to begin.

v M.’s Avatar
v M. Apr 09 70 views

Can i change my goal for phd other then my M-Tech Project/Thesis?

if i change my mind to choose the area of research other then that i have choosen for my M-tech project .Or i want to change my research area for phd .

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Apr 06 93 views

What's the difference between working in a lab and working in R&D for a company?

I'm graduating with my bachelor's degree in physics this May (yay!), and I learned that I loved working in the lab, performing experiments, doing computational analyses, drawing conclusions, etc. I'd love to work in a lab at some point but there seem to be a lot of entry barriers for physicists...

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Mar 02 148 views

As a new graduate (bachelor's in physics), can I apply for internships as a way to get my foot in the door?

I'm trying to find research (possibly contracting) positions in physics, laser science, data science, or imaging science. Looking at indeed, the only entry level positions I find are for new PhDs. Could internships be a good route to getting a foot in the door for full time positions?...

Soren C.’s Avatar
Soren C. Mar 02 115 views

Where are these research jobs typically located at?

I want to develop new shoe and running apparel to innovate the sport of long-distance professional runners. #running #sports #apparel #research

Soren C.’s Avatar
Soren C. Mar 02 86 views

What kind of products are typically researched?

Soren C.’s Avatar
Soren C. Mar 02 97 views

What level of education is most needed for this job?

I want to develop new shoe and running apparel for professional runners to innovate the sport of long-distance running. #sports #running #research #apparel

Dania N.’s Avatar
Dania N. Dec 02, 2021 297 views

how do i know if biomedical engineering is good for me?

I like biology, technology, learning about the human body, saving lives, and research. I don't like math but I can tolerate it a little bit. hopefully one day i will choose a major that includes all of my interests. #biology #engineering #science #biomedicalengineering #stem #research #career...

John M.’s Avatar
John M. Dec 01, 2021 192 views

Following Up With Sample of Relevant Academic Work

Hello, I have drafted an e-mail to send my psychology professor but I am nervous to send it. The professor researches a topic that is significant to me, and what I hope to research in my career. I have good rapport with this professor, and we speak with each other on a first name basis as per...

Anthony C.’s Avatar
Anthony C. Nov 02, 2021 147 views

Is studying cognitive functions difficult?

How can I study cognitive science so I can understand better how the human brain helps us in our every day lives? #science #research

Emily M.’s Avatar
Emily M. Oct 12, 2021 185 views

How do I get started in the Emergency Management field?

I am a current undergraduate at North Dakota State University, living in Hillsboro, OR. I am studying emergency management and biological sciences, and am currently involved with the red cross as a recovery specialist and emergency management government liaison. I am incredibly interested in...

Eryx L.’s Avatar
Eryx L. Sep 14, 2021 139 views

What's there to know about radiology?

I want to become both a radiologist and a 2d animator. I have not done much research into radiology so I would like to know a lot about it. #research #medical

Toni G.’s Avatar
Toni G. Sep 12, 2021 234 views

what job can i obtain with pob chemistry and biology

i am young and open to try knew things as a student #biology #pob #chemistry #science #research

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Sep 01, 2021 234 views

Is there any career where Genetics and Cancer research morphs into a single job?

I am drawn to genetic studies and also, I find myself really interested in Cancer treatment and research. I want to contribute to the advancements in Cancer research. I wanted to know if there are any courses through which I can become a Cancer researcher. Which course is it? What should I do...

Vish S.’s Avatar
Vish S. Aug 19, 2021 225 views

What does it take to become a NASA research scientist?

#research #science #NASA I like to learn new things every day to keep me engaged and save me from boredom. I love the type of work NASA is doing and am interested in researching because I have a perception of getting the opportunity to learn something new often. I also enjoy presenting/writing...

Lynae H.’s Avatar
Lynae H. Aug 04, 2021 366 views

College biology student with too many career options

I am entering my junior year of college and do not know how to choose a career. I am a biology major with many interests and career options like optometry, genetic counseling, research, and college professor. I have shadowed an optometrist (a career I have been interested in for a long time)...

Rob B.’s Avatar
Rob B. Jul 02, 2021 281 views

As a student of Politics, I want to pursue a career in helping others. How do I go about getting into the industry?

I'm a student studying Politics and I want to pursue a career where I can help others. Ideally, I would like a role where I research and use the information to influence policy. The only problem is I have no real-world experience. Are there any good ways to get experience? I am looking at...

Nokwanda Puleng M.’s Avatar
Nokwanda Puleng M. Jul 02, 2021 209 views

How to approach companies for internships and entry-level jobs

I am currently doing my Masters in Development Studies and are eagerly looking for internships #research #developmentstudies #graduate #women #NGO

jennifer L.’s Avatar
jennifer L. Jun 13, 2021 306 views

What are the jobs in the field pf psychology?

I like to help others. I am athletic. I am interested in research #psychology #clinical-psychology #research #career-path

Sheffield D.’s Avatar
Sheffield D. Jun 08, 2021 244 views

How can I get involved in environmental science lab work as a high school student?

I'm very interested in environmental science and oceanography but I would like to find a place where I can get more hands on experience out in the field. I would love to assist a scientist with lab data but I don't know how to get involved. #environmental-science #research #oceanography