Career Questions tagged Research

Research is a skill acquired by increasing knowledge of a particular topic. Popular careers include research scientist, historian, and sociologist. For more information, please read below.

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01 24 views

What are some other career options for physics majors besides high school physics teacher?

I'm planning to take more lab courses involving optics, lasers, and coding simulations, but I learned that I definitely don't want to pursue a career in software. I love doing research and am applying to summer internships at national labs. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! #careers...

#research #physicist #physics #engineering #aerospace #coding #optics #jobs

KAIA W.’s Avatar
KAIA W. Nov 20 39 views
CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16 54 views

Were you able to get job experience or do research in your field while in college? How can I find those opportunities?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

#research #job-experience #undergraduate #college

Catarina L.’s Avatar
Catarina L. Nov 18 37 views

Pharmacist looking for career options in Nutrition

I did a masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences but always had particular interest in Nutrition research. I enrolled in my degree thinking it would make it possible for me to work in Nutrition, but most of the jobs available are only in community pharmacy. Is there any course or degree that I can do...

#research #science #nutrition #pharmacist

brianna E.’s Avatar
brianna E. Nov 05 37 views

how many years would it take to become a RN nurse?

I did my research on how to become a nurse but theres different ways to become one and I'm trying to take the fastest, easier route. #classes #research...

#nurse

Kassandra G.’s Avatar
Kassandra G. Oct 10 61 views

Can I major in Architecture and minor in Environmental Science? Do they relate to each other?

I like to study history and i like to learn about nature and ways that it has evolved. #research...

#college-minor

Fiepre C.’s Avatar
Fiepre C. Oct 08 91 views

What can I do to research and travel?

I’m leaning towards going into the STEM field and researching DNA. Maybe even research with psychology, nothing is concrete right now but I’m really interested in researching. But I also want to travel around the world while researching so my question is how can incorporate the two? I...

#research #science #researcher #travel #psychology

İrem K.’s Avatar
İrem K. Aug 18 70 views

How can I find an online research or internship program?

I am looking for online research or internship programs for high school students. But it is very hard to find when you are under 18. Any suggestions? #summer-internship #internships...

#research

Idalla H.’s Avatar
Idalla H. Aug 17 76 views

What care should one chose in today’s society

I’ve done a lot of research on careers and honestly can’t find a single one. I’m fast, reliable, and dependable work and have worked a lot in the past few years but I need something better and bigger #research...

#student

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jul 30 80 views

Is it possible to study specific disorders/syndromes in Neuroscience during undergrad years?

I'm really interested in majoring in Neuroscience and have heard about interesting syndromes and disorders like Savant Syndrome. I would love to be able to study this and I'd like to know if I have a chance to do that during my undergrad years. #july20 #neuroscience #college #research #study...

#undergrad

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 29 89 views

How to incorporate undergraduate research into college life?

I’m a rising senior researching ways to get involved around campus. One thing that I notice is that it is frequent for undergrads to assist in research with their professors, or to conduct their own. I was wondering how do students manage to balance their academic and social life while doing...

#research #undergraduate #college #researcher #july20

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 97 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

#research #gradschool #chemistry #phd #chem #bio #biology #july20

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26 80 views

How do I get involved in bioastronautics?

I am a rising senior and I have always been interested in space. I was wondering how does one enter the field of bioastronautics? What kind of degree should I be getting? #space #astronomy #college #scientist #bioastronautics #research...

#july20

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Jul 26 74 views

How can I gain the necessary research experience to qualify for acceptance to a psychology PhD program right out of undergrad?

I am a senior getting ready to graduate with a bachelor’s in social sciences this December. I plan to pursue clinical psychology and would like to apply to PhD programs straight out of undergrad. I am desperately seeking a research internship, as I know they are necessary for acceptance, yet so...

#research #july #clinicalpsych-phd

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jul 18 165 views

what are some potential jobs you could do if you study in biology in college?

I am studying biology in college, but I do not know how does this major helps me in future career. I understand that my future job might have nothing related to what I study in college. Asides from being a researcher working in labs, what other jobs this major would lead to? People also said...

#research #biology-major #job #business #major #biology #career #july20

Chloe T.’s Avatar
Chloe T. Jul 17 219 views
Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 08 84 views
Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03 106 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#research #medicine #medical #biology

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 236 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#university #research #college #college-major #undeclared #business #major #psychology #biology

Leonardo Z.’s Avatar
Leonardo Z. Jun 16 185 views

Research in industry vs academia

I am a current graduate student in materials science looking into research careers after I graduate. Do you have any insights into the differences between doing research at a company, compared to a university? #science #research...

#graduate-school

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 114 views

What is the difference between Applied, Experimental, and Exploratory Research/ are they the same?

I'm a current undergrad student and want to pursue a career in research. I;m almost halfway through undergrad and I'm trying to narrow down what specifically I want to pursue. #medicine #research #science...

#biology

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 11 311 views

Can I work in comms fields (marketing, pr, etc.) with a Bachelor's in neuroscience?

I'm really intrigued with this subject and riveted to learn more to satisfy my curiosity. However, I can't see myself doing either research based or medical based jobs. I'd like to delve into the creative industry such as Marketing, Advertising and Design. Since there are bootcamps and...

#research #communications #business #neuroscience #marketing

Shirley L.’s Avatar
Shirley L. Jun 09 115 views

How to find volunteer opportunities for research and statistician in the Department of Education?

#research #education #chemistry I will be finishing a EDS degree in Education in December. I also have an education and professional background in research and...