Career Questions tagged Research

Research is a skill acquired by increasing knowledge of a particular topic. Popular careers include research scientist, historian, and sociologist. For more information, please read below.

İrem K.’s Avatar
İrem K. Aug 18 56 views

How can I find an online research or internship program?

I am looking for online research or internship programs for high school students. But it is very hard to find when you are under 18. Any suggestions? #summer-internship #internships...

#research

Idalla H.’s Avatar
Idalla H. Aug 17 70 views

What care should one chose in today’s society

I’ve done a lot of research on careers and honestly can’t find a single one. I’m fast, reliable, and dependable work and have worked a lot in the past few years but I need something better and bigger #research...

#student

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jul 30 61 views

Is it possible to study specific disorders/syndromes in Neuroscience during undergrad years?

I'm really interested in majoring in Neuroscience and have heard about interesting syndromes and disorders like Savant Syndrome. I would love to be able to study this and I'd like to know if I have a chance to do that during my undergrad years. #july20 #neuroscience #college #research #study...

#undergrad

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 29 72 views

How to incorporate undergraduate research into college life?

I’m a rising senior researching ways to get involved around campus. One thing that I notice is that it is frequent for undergrads to assist in research with their professors, or to conduct their own. I was wondering how do students manage to balance their academic and social life while doing...

#research #july20 #undergraduate #college #researcher

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 69 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

#research #chem #chemistry #biology #phd #gradschool #bio #july20

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26 49 views

How do I get involved in bioastronautics?

I am a rising senior and I have always been interested in space. I was wondering how does one enter the field of bioastronautics? What kind of degree should I be getting? #space #astronomy #college #scientist #bioastronautics #research...

#july20

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Jul 26 58 views

How can I gain the necessary research experience to qualify for acceptance to a psychology PhD program right out of undergrad?

I am a senior getting ready to graduate with a bachelor’s in social sciences this December. I plan to pursue clinical psychology and would like to apply to PhD programs straight out of undergrad. I am desperately seeking a research internship, as I know they are necessary for acceptance, yet so...

#research #clinicalpsych-phd #july

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jul 18 123 views

what are some potential jobs you could do if you study in biology in college?

I am studying biology in college, but I do not know how does this major helps me in future career. I understand that my future job might have nothing related to what I study in college. Asides from being a researcher working in labs, what other jobs this major would lead to? People also said...

#job #research #major #career #biology #biology-major #july20 #business

Chloe T.’s Avatar
Chloe T. Jul 17 194 views
Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 08 70 views
Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03 80 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#research #medicine #biology #medical

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 200 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#research #college-major #undeclared #major #college #biology #psychology #university #business

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 19 105 views
Leonardo Z.’s Avatar
Leonardo Z. Jun 16 164 views

Research in industry vs academia

I am a current graduate student in materials science looking into research careers after I graduate. Do you have any insights into the differences between doing research at a company, compared to a university? #science #research...

#graduate-school

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 95 views

What is the difference between Applied, Experimental, and Exploratory Research/ are they the same?

I'm a current undergrad student and want to pursue a career in research. I;m almost halfway through undergrad and I'm trying to narrow down what specifically I want to pursue. #medicine #research #science...

#biology

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 11 267 views

Can I work in comms fields (marketing, pr, etc.) with a Bachelor's in neuroscience?

I'm really intrigued with this subject and riveted to learn more to satisfy my curiosity. However, I can't see myself doing either research based or medical based jobs. I'd like to delve into the creative industry such as Marketing, Advertising and Design. Since there are bootcamps and...

#research #communications #marketing #neuroscience #business

Shirley L.’s Avatar
Shirley L. Jun 09 93 views

How to find volunteer opportunities for research and statistician in the Department of Education?

#research #education #chemistry I will be finishing a EDS degree in Education in December. I also have an education and professional background in research and...

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 294 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#research #engineering #math #computer-science #science #stem

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 241 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#research #college-major #major #minor #engineering #internship #math #joint-major #career

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 21 277 views

When is the best time for a college student to scout for internships and/or research opportunities?

I am taking summer classes this summer and planning to take more next summer so I can lessen my course work over the school year. During the school year I work part time on campus and my school runs by the quarter system, so I feel like summer classes are a must. That being said, I have left...

#research #internship #college #engineering

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 117 views

Any advice on how to build a research resume during the lockdown?

I'm a neuroscience and psychology student trying to get into research. My plans for this summer (interships/jobs) were postponed or cancelled. An #research #psychology #biology y advice on some alternate ways I can build my research experience during the...

Harry S.’s Avatar
Harry S. May 13 116 views

How do you get a lab internship as a high school student?

I would love to know, be introduced, or be given with any tips towards getting into a lab internship as a high school student specifically inside the pediatrics, behavior science, or Autism related lab research. #internship #student #highschool #science...

#research

Yasmine F.’s Avatar
Yasmine F. May 07 248 views

How to create a good linkedin profile?

I am a 3rd year science student and am looking to find an internship as a research assistant #internship #research #career-path...

#career

Aghia M.’s Avatar
Aghia M. Apr 27 153 views

How can I find remote research/internship oportunities this summer?

Hi! I just finished my freshmen year of undergrad and was supposed to enroll in a research project this summer. unfortunately all the programs that I applied to are cancelled due to covid-19. was wondering if I could still find some online research related programs. #research #internship...

#science #medical