Career Questions tagged Research

Research is a skill acquired by increasing knowledge of a particular topic. Popular careers include research scientist, historian, and sociologist. For more information, please read below.

Chelsie F.’s Avatar
Chelsie F. Mar 18 55 views

How might COVID19 affect research opportunities within academic institutions?

I am majoring in Computer Science and Digital Art and was hoping to get involved with research as a means to build my resume. As far as computer science goes, I am interested in cybersecurity, software engineering, and/or curriculum development for computer science learning. As for digital...

#college #computer-science #research #software #engineering #covid-19 #digital-art

Regan D.’s Avatar
Regan D. Feb 25 43 views

How can I get professionals to give feedback on a written research proposal?

I have completed a research proposal for my honors program and would love feedback on it from someone with knowledge on nuclear energy and education. #research #nuclear-energy...

#alternative-energy

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Feb 19 54 views

Outside of coarse work including labs, are their any other ways to gain lab experience to qualify me for research internships and lab positions?

I'm currently an undergraduate freshman studying neuroscience and psychology, looking for research experience. #research #internship...

#science

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Feb 14 72 views

What are some ways to get and different types of research experiences I can get as an undergraduate student?

I'm a freshman undergraduate student majoring in neuroscience trying to get research and lab experience. #research...

#science

Aaron S.’s Avatar
Aaron S. Feb 01 62 views

What kind of projects do physics majors work on?

Do you work in R&D or just research? How do you work with scientists of other fields? #research #science...

#physics

Aaron S.’s Avatar
Aaron S. Feb 01 60 views

For physics majors, how does government research projects compare to those of private companies?

I am a senior in high school, one of my teachers had told me that government research and private research were different, primarily focusing on grant focused payment vs direct. What are other differences? #physics #research...

#government

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 88 views

How much of your job in community development involves research?

Do you feel that you need to really study the community you are working with in order to benefit them most? Do you find that reaching out to community members helps to understand the needs of the whole community most adequately, or do you research programs similar to ones you may be considering...

#community-management #community #community-services #research #career #community-outreach #development #community-development

Dayton E.’s Avatar
Dayton E. Jan 29 72 views

Day in a life

What is a normal day like for someone who has a Art degree ? #art #research...

#career-path

Joselyn G.’s Avatar
Joselyn G. Jan 07 108 views

how do I choose a program in College?

Hi, I am currently attending a tech school for liberal arts and I Change my mind every day on the career I want to peruse #graphic-design #art #career #college #research , I started with dental hygiene and then social work and then special education and then graphic communication and graphic...

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Dec 25, 2019 93 views

How stable is a job in research psychology?

Meaning, is it like an art career where I am no longer employed after a project ends? If it matters, I am most interested in pursuing a career in the developmental and abnormal fields. #psychology...

#research

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Nov 19, 2019 101 views

What degree should I get in order to become a research psychologist?

One college I'm looking at has a research psych track that is simply a bachelor's degree, which doesn't sound right to me. Another college I'm looking at recomends a master's and then possibly continuing education at a grad school. Another college, which is a research college, has a research...

#developmental-psychology #psychology #research-psychology #abnormal-psychology #research

Sofia G.’s Avatar
Sofia G. Nov 08, 2019 63 views

What's your income as a health information technician?

I am a high school student doing research for an IT project and my assigned career was health info technician. #research #jobs #...

#healthcare

mariah P.’s Avatar
mariah P. Oct 16, 2019 62 views

when did you know you wanted to be an OBGYN ?

I go to job corps and I just need three questions answered for my research on my future job. #obgyn #obgyn...

#research

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 98 views

How do research psychologists get paid? And how well?

Where does the money come from- the institute you work for, funding from organizations that support your research, people and magazines that want to publicize your work? Do you get paid salary or commission? How much do you make a year? Is the income stable? Is the amount you are paid...

#psychology #research-psychology #money #research #financial-planning