Career Questions tagged Mechanical Engineering

Mechanical engineering is the broadest of all engineering disciplines. Popular careers include control and instrumentation engineer, a nuclear engineer, and aerospace engineer. For more information, please read below.

Isaiah F.’s Avatar
Isaiah F. Nov 05 34 views
Krish C.’s Avatar
Krish C. Jul 30 120 views

Which Universities are best for masters in manufacturing and product management or 3d printing?

I am a final year mechanical engineer and I'd like to do my masters in a course where I could build innovative products using my mechanical design skills, though not aesthetic, I'd like its function to help make life easier. An example would be a smartwatch making things more accessible, or...

#engineering #july #mechanical-engineering #career

Victwhon N.’s Avatar
Victwhon N. Jul 08 227 views

What is the benefits of being an Mechanical Engineer?

I'm still in high school. I'm going to the 11th grade but I want to be a mechanical engineer. So I just want to know some things about being an engineer. #engineer #engineering #mechanical-engineering #aerospace-engineering...

#mechanical-engineer

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 133 views

WHat are some companies that mechanical engineers work for

Well I am about to go into the 11th grade and I believe that I have my mind set on the career that I am going into but one thing that I may want to know is what are the best steps in becoming a successful mechanical engineer and what other jobs may be somewhat similar so that I could put in the...

#mechanical #mechanical-engineering

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 101 views

Does being a mechanical engineer call for a lot of traveling to differnt countries?

#mechanical #mechanical-engineering

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 122 views

Do mechanical engineers design a lot?

#mechanical #mechanical-engineering

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 95 views

Is it comfortable to live on a salary of a mechanical engineer?

#mechanical #mechanical-engineering

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 71 views

Is it easy to get jobs with big companies as a mechanical engineer

#mechanical #mechanical-engineering

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 200 views

why is it difficult to pick a career that you think you might enjoy?

#mechanical #mechanical-engineering

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 19 224 views

Is it possible for someone without an engineering bachelors degree to go to grad school for engineering?

At the time I applied for college I was interested in Comp Sci so I entered school as a Math - CS major (about to end my first year). After seeing career fairs, I feel like mechanical engineering seems much more interesting and fun but my GPA is not high enough to switch majors (the cutoff is...

#college-major #mechanical-engineering #college #engineer #graduate-school #engineering #career

Abedel-Hameed H.’s Avatar
Abedel-Hameed H. May 01 168 views

What are the best steps forward to follow for a mechanical engineer in their senior college year.

I am a Mechanical Engineering student at AUB, and I am currently at the beginning of my senior year. I would like to set a few midterm and long term plans for my graduation, and I would appreciate some advice on where I should look for opportunities in the industry and how to reach out for...

#mechanical-engineer #mechanical-engineering #career #middleeast

Adam K.’s Avatar
Adam K. Apr 29 179 views

How can I become become a tech ed teacher?

I am a high school student who as always been involved in FIRST Robotics. And I have taken practically every tech ed course, from engineering and STEM, to carpentry and machining. I am in trade school part-time for carpentry and construction. I have spent over 4 years teaching myself everything...

#technology #mechanical-engineering #teched #engineering #tech-ed #teacher #engineer #teaching

Rainer R.’s Avatar
Rainer R. Apr 25 154 views

How much should a mechanical engineer know about electronics and communication system?

I would like to know what is the necessary background to understand it and apply it in the field. Is it good if I am well versed with electronics, electrical and communications system? Will I get a chance to apply it in projects?#engineering #electrical-engineering #electrical...

#mechanical-engineer #mechanical-engineering #electronics

Rainer R.’s Avatar
Rainer R. Apr 23 194 views

What are essential skills for a mechanical engineer?

If I were to gain these skills( both soft and technical ) , and I could apply anywhere with these skills within the mechanical industries, what would they be? #mechanical-engineering #engineering #mechanical-engineer #engineer...

#skill

Jared H.’s Avatar
Jared H. Apr 22 124 views

Which type of engineering would benefit me the most: civil or mechanical engineering?

I am a junior in high school and I am looking into becoming either a mechanical or civil engineer. However, I don’t know which one would fit me the best as a person and which one would benefit me the most. #mechanical-engineering #engineering...

#civil-engineering

Jared H.’s Avatar
Jared H. Apr 22 188 views

When did you realize that you wanted to become an engineer, and how did you strive to become one?

I am a junior in high school and I am passionate about engineering. I want to know what professionals did in order to become one! #engineering #civil-engineering #mechanical-engineering...

#career