Career Questions tagged Mechanical Engineering

Mechanical engineering is the broadest of all engineering disciplines. Popular careers include control and instrumentation engineer, a nuclear engineer, and aerospace engineer. For more information, please read below.

Logan H.’s Avatar
Logan H. May 19 30 views

How enjoyable is Mechanical Engineering as a lifetime job?

I understand that this a opinionated question but I still want to see how people like this job?

Logan H.’s Avatar
Logan H. May 17 82 views

What is a average day for a Mechanical Engineer like?

Just some information of how someone in the field would do on daily basis.

Logan H.’s Avatar
Logan H. May 11 82 views

How difficult would you say Mechanical Engineering is, compared to other jobs in the engineering field.

I'm just interested in the engineering field in general, so if this is to difficult I may move down to an easier one.

Logan H.’s Avatar
Logan H. May 05 61 views

How much schooling would you have to do for an average job in Mechanical Engineering.

I'm just curious on how much I would need to take, so if it doesn't take too long to get a higher level in the field that'd be great?

Mason D.’s Avatar
Mason D. May 04 108 views

1) What does a mechanical engineer's work hours look like?

2) Is it easy to get a job right out of college?
3) What is the starting pay like?
4) What different types of jobs reside inside this degree?
5) Is there a lot of stress in this job?

Aaron B.’s Avatar
Aaron B. Apr 05 84 views

Events for mechanical engineering?

Are there any big events having to do with mechanical engineering that I could possibly look into, I would prefer something more hands-on?

Aaron B.’s Avatar
Aaron B. Apr 05 77 views

i need a plan for after city college?

I'm planning to go to city college but I wanted to know if there is anything to prep me for mechanical engineering or a way to get into that after city

Alorna B.’s Avatar
Alorna B. Mar 19 118 views

What are the benefits of going to college?

I'm looking to become a Power Plant Operator, and want to get my bachelor's at Mississippi State University in Mechanical Engineering. Would this actually benefit me?

Voc E.’s Avatar
Voc E. Mar 02 119 views

How can you make a car drive with no buddy in it?

I like stories with cars are sentient machines #mechanical-engineering

Alexander E.’s Avatar
Alexander E. Mar 01 118 views

what engineering job would be good for me if i want to work with my hands

I am a sophomore in high school and I like to work with my hands or have a hands-on job, I do not want to be sitting for most of the day. thanks!

#hands-on #engineering #carrer-path # #mechanical-engineering # #electrical-engineering

jesse F.’s Avatar
jesse F. Feb 11 74 views

what do mechanics do on cars at small shops

i like to work with my hands and im very interested in motors #mechanical-engineering

Aurek R.’s Avatar
Aurek R. Feb 08 112 views

Where would the best classes be to go to for mechanical engineering?

I'm curious of recommended places to go for mechanical engineering, if possible. I would want to go to the best classes, to get the most and best experience. #mechanical-engineering

Aaron B.’s Avatar
Aaron B. Feb 03 117 views

what are some outside/ extra activities that available for people wanting to go into mechanical engineering

is there any functions or places to do networking or workshops that would benefit an individual in becoming a mechanical engineer #mechanical-engineer #mechanical-engineering

Aaron B.’s Avatar
Aaron B. Feb 03 120 views

what would be a good starting position from someone wanting to get a job in mechanical engineering?

like what specific job opportunity would help gain the most and best experience in the field in regards of mechanical engineering? #mechanical-engineering #job

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Nov 30, 2021 339 views

What career paths do mechanical engineers go into?

What types of jobs and career paths do mechanical engineers follow? How is the workload? What are the goals and challenges they face in their work? #mechanical-engineer #engineering #engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineer

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Nov 30, 2021 260 views

What do mechanical engineers learn in college?

What is the course work in mechanical engineering school? How is it different from other engineering programs? #engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineer #mechanical #mechanical-engineer

Lera H.’s Avatar
Lera H. Nov 29, 2021 195 views
Lera H.’s Avatar
Lera H. Nov 29, 2021 177 views

What classes were you required to take in college to become a mechanical engineer?

I'm working on becoming a mechanical engineer but I just want to know what I'm in for before I enroll in a college. #engineer #mechanical-engineering #engineering #college-major #college

katie M.’s Avatar
katie M. Oct 27, 2021 162 views

what do you like most about working as a mechanic?

#mechanical-engineering #mechanic I would love to have a women answer these so i know what it is like for a women.