Career Questions tagged Mechanical Engineering

Mechanical engineering is the broadest of all engineering disciplines. Popular careers include control and instrumentation engineer, a nuclear engineer, and aerospace engineer. For more information, please read below.

Victwhon N.’s Avatar
Victwhon N. yesterday 35 views

What is the benefits of being an Mechanical Engineer?

I'm still in high school. I'm going to the 11th grade but I want to be a mechanical engineer. So I just want to know some things about being an engineer. #engineer #engineering #mechanical-engineering #aerospace-engineering...

#mechanical-engineer

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 82 views

WHat are some companies that mechanical engineers work for

Well I am about to go into the 11th grade and I believe that I have my mind set on the career that I am going into but one thing that I may want to know is what are the best steps in becoming a successful mechanical engineer and what other jobs may be somewhat similar so that I could put in the...

#mechanical-engineering #mechanical

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 55 views

Does being a mechanical engineer call for a lot of traveling to differnt countries?

#mechanical-engineering #mechanical

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 70 views

Do mechanical engineers design a lot?

#mechanical-engineering #mechanical

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 53 views

Is it comfortable to live on a salary of a mechanical engineer?

#mechanical-engineering #mechanical

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 43 views

Is it easy to get jobs with big companies as a mechanical engineer

#mechanical-engineering #mechanical

Andreus P.’s Avatar
Andreus P. Jun 19 125 views

why is it difficult to pick a career that you think you might enjoy?

#mechanical-engineering #mechanical

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 19 160 views

Is it possible for someone without an engineering bachelors degree to go to grad school for engineering?

At the time I applied for college I was interested in Comp Sci so I entered school as a Math - CS major (about to end my first year). After seeing career fairs, I feel like mechanical engineering seems much more interesting and fun but my GPA is not high enough to switch majors (the cutoff is...

#graduate-school #college #engineer #mechanical-engineering #engineering #career #college-major

Abedel-Hameed H.’s Avatar
Abedel-Hameed H. May 01 133 views

What are the best steps forward to follow for a mechanical engineer in their senior college year.

I am a Mechanical Engineering student at AUB, and I am currently at the beginning of my senior year. I would like to set a few midterm and long term plans for my graduation, and I would appreciate some advice on where I should look for opportunities in the industry and how to reach out for...

#mechanical-engineering #middleeast #mechanical-engineer #career

Adam K.’s Avatar
Adam K. Apr 29 134 views

How can I become become a tech ed teacher?

I am a high school student who as always been involved in FIRST Robotics. And I have taken practically every tech ed course, from engineering and STEM, to carpentry and machining. I am in trade school part-time for carpentry and construction. I have spent over 4 years teaching myself everything...

#teacher #teaching #tech-ed #mechanical-engineering #engineering #teched #engineer #technology

Rainer R.’s Avatar
Rainer R. Apr 25 92 views

How much should a mechanical engineer know about electronics and communication system?

I would like to know what is the necessary background to understand it and apply it in the field. Is it good if I am well versed with electronics, electrical and communications system? Will I get a chance to apply it in projects?#engineering #electrical-engineering #electrical...

#mechanical-engineering #mechanical-engineer #electronics

Rainer R.’s Avatar
Rainer R. Apr 23 93 views

What are essential skills for a mechanical engineer?

If I were to gain these skills( both soft and technical ) , and I could apply anywhere with these skills within the mechanical industries, what would they be? #mechanical-engineering #engineering #mechanical-engineer #engineer...

#skill

Jared H.’s Avatar
Jared H. Apr 22 81 views

Which type of engineering would benefit me the most: civil or mechanical engineering?

I am a junior in high school and I am looking into becoming either a mechanical or civil engineer. However, I don’t know which one would fit me the best as a person and which one would benefit me the most. #mechanical-engineering #engineering...

#civil-engineering

Jared H.’s Avatar
Jared H. Apr 22 115 views

When did you realize that you wanted to become an engineer, and how did you strive to become one?

I am a junior in high school and I am passionate about engineering. I want to know what professionals did in order to become one! #engineering #civil-engineering #mechanical-engineering...

#career

Samuel H.’s Avatar
Samuel H. Apr 22 131 views

Where is a good engineering school?

I am a sophomore in high school studying manufacturing....

#mechanical-engineering

Rainer R.’s Avatar
Rainer R. Apr 15 94 views

What is the future of 3D printing?

I need to know if 3D printing will be popular or not and if it will be a good career choice for a mechanical engineer. # #mechanical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineer #engineering #3d...

#industry4