Career Questions tagged Civil Engineering

shaheen S.’s Avatar
shaheen S. May 18, 2016 686 views
monika V.’s Avatar
monika V. May 05, 2016 525 views
bharati D.’s Avatar
bharati D. May 02, 2016 417 views

How do I become a civil engineer?

i am from a government school in India called J B nagar bengaluru. I'd love to learn more about the process for becoming a civil engineer. #professional #engineer #engineering #civil-engineering #career...

Jayashankar M.’s Avatar
Jayashankar M. Apr 29, 2016 725 views
Daniel F.’s Avatar
Daniel F. May 27, 2016 506 views

Will opportunities for civil engineering grow in the near future?

I'm #undecided whether to become a civil or mechanical engineer. I know that America, where I live, needs about 3.6 trillion dollars by 2020 to address infrastructure repairs and that the bureau of labor statistics estimates that civil engineers have the highest growth projection (by demand)...

#construction #civil-engineering #transportation #ecology #sanitation

Thomas L.’s Avatar
Thomas L. May 26, 2016 541 views

What sort of jobs can you get with a Civil Environmental Engineering Degree?

This is my major and I would like to know from a professional what it's like to find a job that fits with their degree. #engineering #engineer #civil-engineering #environmental-science...

#environmental

Emileidy B.’s Avatar
Emileidy B. May 26, 2016 552 views

What isa day in the life of a civil engineer composed of?

I'm a Civil Engineering major and I will be attending Florida International University in the fall of 2016. I usually struggle with indecision in terms of my major and I tend to want to shift to Information Technology, Computer Software, and Mathematics. I am a HUGE STEM person. #engineering...

#architecture #civil-engineering

Olivia T.’s Avatar
Olivia T. May 25, 2016 406 views

What job opportunities are open to me if I major in civil engineering?

I am interested in helping/working with people, but also designing, creating, and mathematics. Civil engineering seems a good choice and I was wondering what jobs I could find with a degree in civil engineering. Thank you! #engineering #internships...

#civil-engineering

Kevin C.’s Avatar
Kevin C. May 24, 2016 573 views

What is the best process to become a great civil engineer?

I want to become a civil engineer but there are somethings that confuse me on how to get to that dream of having the civil engineer tittle. What are the best ways to start as of now to becoming a great civil engineer #college #civil-engineering #motivation...

#career-goals

Kevin C.’s Avatar
Kevin C. May 24, 2016 600 views

What are some of the best strategies you can provide people who are going into college and want to be succesfull not only in threw their journey but at the same time after their journey after college and into the real work world?

I want to be better prepared for when my first day of college comes up and after college i want to be better prepared so i can enter the work world or the real world with strategies to be succesfull #college #civil-engineering #strategy #success #motivation...

#planning

Gerardo G.’s Avatar
Gerardo G. May 24, 2016 368 views

Under what circumstances should a civil engineer use bridge bearings? Why are they so indispensable?

This might be one of the most intriguing questions that I have ever had about my career. Every day I pass by enormous bridges and I can't think but visualize how bridges can withstand great amounts of forces. Essentially, a bridge bearing is a component of a bridge that provides a resting...

#college #engineering #bridge #civil-engineering #engineer

Gerardo G.’s Avatar
Gerardo G. May 24, 2016 432 views

As a future Civil Engineer, what area should civil engineers pay greater attention to, aesthetics or functionality? why?

As I prepare to transfer to the University of Texas at San Antonio and get ready to finally begin taking classes with regard to my major, I wonder if aesthetics is as important as functionality is on a project. Since Civil Engineering deals with the design and maintenance of the naturally built...

#college #engineering #aesthetics #civil-engineering #functionality

Ummiya C.’s Avatar
Ummiya C. May 22, 2016 654 views

What difficulties do you face in opening a firm after graduating?

I'm currently a civil engineering major and a little torn over if I really want to do this, architectural engineering, or simply become an architect. But I do know that I want to open up an architectural firm of my own. So until I decide what I really do want to do with my degree, what...

#engineering #civil-engineering #firm #business #management #architect

Ummiya C.’s Avatar
Ummiya C. May 22, 2016 672 views

What are the similarites and differences between civil engineering, architecture, and architectural engineering?

Hello, I'm currently a civil engineering student at the University of Dayton. I'm in a sort of dilemma where, like any other college student, am unsure of where I want to go degree-wise. I really thought that civil engineering would be a great stepping stone for me into architecture until I...

#architecture #civil-engineering #degrees #architectural-engineering #architect

Diandra O.’s Avatar
Diandra O. May 18, 2016 573 views

If I am majoring in architecture, should I get a masters in architecture after I earn my bachelors in architecture?

I know that some people major in civil engineering, then they go to get a masters in architecture or vice versa. #major #civil-engineering #architecture #architect...

#masters

Ramon P.’s Avatar
Ramon P. May 18, 2016 462 views
Shellie Z.’s Avatar
Shellie Z. May 15, 2016 1764 views

What is the typical day of a civil engineer?

I am looking into becoming a civil engineer and asking professionals seems like the best way to attain information. #engineering...

#civil-engineering

Shellie Z.’s Avatar
Shellie Z. May 15, 2016 14101 views

I am looking into civil or industrial engineering. Could you tell me the main differences between the two?

I am divided between civil or industrial engineering. I don't know much about either besides what I am able to read online. Having information from someone who works closely between the two would be enlightening. #engineering #engineer #civil-engineering #industrial-engineering...

#industrial-engineer

Pooja L.’s Avatar
Pooja L. May 11, 2016 448 views

Engineer to Architect?

I'm current a high school senior, I am enrolled to attend UCI for chemical engineering in the fall. I plan on double majoring with CiviL Engineering. I am wondering whether it would be possible to get my masters in architecture. Does that sound that a reasonable plan? #civil-engineering...

#masters #chemical-engineer #architect

ARBAB K.’s Avatar
ARBAB K. May 10, 2016 665 views

How to get a Co-op Job in BIM(Construction) Industry

Student at GBC BIM Management Program #civil-engineering #architect #construction #planning #bim...

#revit

Gabriela W.’s Avatar
Gabriela W. May 04, 2016 505 views

Is it worth pursing a degree in bio engineering? Is it hard to find a job after college?

I am currently a high school senior who is going to be majoring in bio engineering in the fall. I am not sure if I should major in bio engineering or civil engineering. #engineer #civil-engineering...

#bioengineering

kanika M.’s Avatar
kanika M. May 02, 2016 483 views

what is mean by Civil Engineer?

Hi I am Kanika studing in 10th std I want to know about Civil Engineer?so please help me. #engineer #teaching #teacher #professional #civil-engineering...

#teach

Muhammed S.’s Avatar
Muhammed S. Apr 26, 2016 614 views

Is Expertise in Auto Cad is required for Civil Engineering?

Hi,I am doing my bachelors in Civil Engineering,Few of my friends suggested that doing an Auto Cad certificate course would help me in my career,so wanted to know whether it is really required. #civil-engineering...

#autocad

Jesse A.’s Avatar
Jesse A. Apr 25, 2016 516 views

What are the requirements for civil engineering?

Kids in class are interested in learning more about this career....

#civil-engineering

Connor G.’s Avatar
Connor G. Mar 27, 2016 1025 views

I need help understanding the job of an engineer particurly an civil, aerospace, structual, aeronautical or mechanical engineer.

Hello I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me in decided where I should focus my energy towards in college because I don't want to go into something and hate it later on. #college #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #aerospace #aeronautics...

#structural-engineering

Mackenzie H.’s Avatar
Mackenzie H. Oct 23, 2015 784 views

Should I go to an academy in high school?

I am in 6th grade and getting ready for my future. At the high school I want to go to they have academy's. Should I go to the S.T.E.M. Academy? #science #engineer #teacher #math #civil-engineering...

#mechanical-engineer

MARCO G.’s Avatar
MARCO G. May 07, 2015 1917 views

What exactly does a civil engineer do?

I am a junior in high school and i"m great at the subject of math. I also like to design and i feel that this would be a good major to get into. #civil-engineering...

#civil-engineer

Patryk K.’s Avatar
Patryk K. Apr 07, 2015 2888 views

What career is better Civil Engineer or being a business marketing manager?

Hi I am in 10th grade and i am trying to decide between being a civil engineer and business marketing manger. I really like math, but at the same time i like to create and design objects. #math #civil-engineering...

#marketing-manager

James L.’s Avatar
James L. Feb 26, 2015 1244 views

How do I choose which type of engineering is right for me?

I am a sophomore in highschool and I really do have a lot of decisions to make. Civil engineering seems like something I want to do, because it seems similar to architecture, which is another major I am considering taking. Electric Engineering seems like something I would want to do, but I...

#architectural #electrical-engineering #engineering #civil-engineering