Career Questions tagged Civil

May D.’s Avatar
May D. May 16, 2021 247 views

What is the toughest part of being a civil engineer?

I aspire to be a civil engineer and work on projects to aids cities and peoples water access and housing. civil...

engineering

HoCheung(Kimson) W.’s Avatar
HoCheung(Kimson) W. Mar 15, 2021 119 views

What high school courses should I take to become a Civil Engineer

I'm trying to figure out what high school courses I should take in college Civil...

Daliya A.’s Avatar
Daliya A. Jun 05, 2020 439 views

I wonder if civil engineering would appeal to me

I'm starting my last year of high school and my class is specialized in maths, phusics and informatics. engineer civil...

civil-engineering

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1588 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

engineering analyst civil environmental public entrepreneurship design product biostatistics science data major administration network stem undeclared planning health business sociology public-health policy financial

Ma J.’s Avatar
Ma J. Jan 09, 2019 1189 views

Economics+ Civil Engineering, Double degree, is it worth it?

So, I'm a sem3 final year A2 Level student from Malaysia and I'm thinking of pursuing Civil Engineering later in Uni. I have thought of diverging into the finance/ economics line, and have considered getting a CFA or Masters in Econs, as Economics is one of my favourite subjects. I also like...

engineering university double civil ntu economics

Braden W.’s Avatar
Braden W. Mar 04, 2018 338 views

What is the best way to achieve a civil engineering degree? #workhard #calculators #earth

I am perusing a civil engineering degree and would not like to be stressed out for college. I want to keep my mind clear and focused on my one task. A civil engineering degree. hardwork engineering civil...

construction-management

Quinn  C.’s Avatar
Quinn C. Oct 28, 2016 591 views

Which choice of engineering would be harder: eletrical or civil?

Im considering going into one of these. Is there any insight or help you could give. engineering electrical...

civil

Parker R.’s Avatar
Parker R. Oct 27, 2016 523 views

What state or states have the most civil engineering jobs?

Are the Southern states good for civil engineering jobs, as that's where I live now. Will I have to move to another part of the country to find a job? engineering...

civil

Brett S.’s Avatar
Brett S. Oct 26, 2016 684 views

What is the daily life of a Structural Engineer and is it a good field to get into? And why?

I am planning on achieving a bachelors degree in Structural Engineering. It sounds like it is a career that would interest me but I'd like to find a little more out about the job. civil-engineering bachelors-degree...

civil

Patryk K.’s Avatar
Patryk K. May 18, 2015 872 views

How much does a student straight out of college make as a Civil Engineer?

I am a 10th grader from Massachusetts and I enjoy math. I am interested in becoming a Civil Engineer. math civil...

civil-engineer

Patryk K.’s Avatar
Patryk K. May 18, 2015 853 views

I would like to become a civil engineer. What are some could colleges that major in this ?

civil-engineer

Scarlett T.’s Avatar
Scarlett T. Apr 24, 2015 944 views

new degree

I am 3rd year chemical engineering senior and I feel like I know nothing absolutely nothing! I hate this major.. is it waste of time if I started civil engineering from 0 which means 5 another year from now ? I am 20 years old and I feel passionate about this major doctor engineer...

chemical civil advisor professional

Edgar H.’s Avatar
Edgar H. Feb 19, 2015 725 views

What are the requirements for Civil Engineering ? and what do you have to do in order to become a Civil Engineer?

I'm indecisive between Civil engineering and I want to learn what do you have to know about it in order to become one. engineer civil-engineering...

civil

William T.’s Avatar
William T. Nov 21, 2014 5093 views

Bridging the gap between aerospace and civil engineering?

I am interested in both careers. Is there a way to link them together? career aerospace...

civil

Shahe A.’s Avatar
Shahe A. Aug 16, 2013 1174 views

Can i do job in any field of civil engineering despite my final year paper on other topic?

I'm asking because i'm little bit confused. engineering...

civil