Career Questions tagged Advisor

grace B.’s Avatar
grace B. grace B. Dec 17, 2020 534 views

I'm a marketing major in my 3rd year - but I loved my accounting class! How do I know which to major in?

I am currently a third year student in marketing. I switched to marketing at the beginning of my third year, so the business classes were knew to me. I will be graduating late. I took accounting 1 this fall and I absolutely loved it - which is weird for me to say. I didn't know anything about...

#majors #jobs #advisor #career #accounting #business #college #marketing #major #advice

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Maria E. Nov 23, 2020 115 views

How are people in the medical field treated in the military?

I was thinking to be a military physical therapist because they help pay off your student debt and I know that's is something all PTs hate about their job. #pre-med #graduate #savings...

#advisor

Tyra D.’s Avatar
Tyra D. Tyra D. May 18, 2016 397 views
Kathy M.’s Avatar
Kathy M. Kathy M. May 30, 2016 731 views

Degree in biology... art/environment/science?

Hello, I graduated last year with a degree in biology in Florida... I've been pre-dental since 2010. I applied last cycle with a GPA of 3.4 and a DAT score of 17. I'm aware my DAT score isn't the best, and considering how competitive the dental career is becoming, I don't expect that to be...

#science #career-change #conservation-biology #sustainable-design #environmental #sustainability #advisor

Wendy R.’s Avatar
Wendy R. Wendy R. May 26, 2016 425 views

Let's say I want to become an environmental engineer and the required degree is a bachelor. Should I go to prestigious school to obtain my bachelors or no?

I am asking this question because I need to know this type of information in order to be successful in college. And it is information needed to be more marketable in the job market. #college #counselor #bachelor #advisor...

#choice

Chantel L.’s Avatar
Chantel L. Chantel L. May 20, 2016 677 views

How does your college choice affect the pay rate in your career field?

I am enrolling at the University of Georgia for Business Administration and Mechanical Engineering in the fall. I am asking to get more insight on whether attending graduate school at a more prestigious university is a waste of time and money. #business #engineer...

#advisor

Terrie B.’s Avatar
Terrie B. Terrie B. May 20, 2016 712 views

Carrer Choices

I am thinking of pursuing a degree in finance but don't know if I should. The business world is very competitive and I'm not sure if I am cut out for the environment and hustle. I am thinking I want a career as a Personal Financial Advisor, if anyone in the career or something similar to the...

#finance #advisor

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Savannah S. May 19, 2016 631 views

Is it a bad thing to switch your major?

I hear people saying how they changed their major in college. Some people make fun of them for not knowing what they want and wasting time and money. Is it a bad thing to change your major? Or should you just bite the bullet so to speak?...

#advisor

Tyra D.’s Avatar
Tyra D. Tyra D. May 18, 2016 514 views

In terms of selecting a minor, which would be most helpful for someone entering the medical field?

I plan to enter the medical field following college and graduate school as I'd like to be an anesthesiologist, dermatologist or dentist. I feel secure in my selected major, but I'm not set on a minor yet and I'd like some feedback on what would help me the most while still allowing me to feel...

#advisor #dentist #doctor #advice #college #professor #student

Scarlett T.’s Avatar
Scarlett T. Scarlett T. Apr 24, 2015 875 views

new degree

I am 3rd year chemical engineering senior and I feel like I know nothing absolutely nothing! I hate this major.. is it waste of time if I started civil engineering from 0 which means 5 another year from now ? I am 20 years old and I feel passionate about this major #doctor #engineer...

#civil #chemical #professional #advisor

Scarlett T.’s Avatar
Scarlett T. Scarlett T. Nov 11, 2014 6357 views

I chose a wrong major. I need a help. I am lost.

I am a chemical engineering student. It's my 3rd year in college but I hate my major now. I love mathematics, numbers but I love traveling, meeting people and learning new languages too. I want to start a new major but I want to be sure that I will love to work in this field. I don't want to...

#help #majors #engineering #college #financial-aid #advisor