Career Questions tagged Sustainability

T G.’s Avatar
T G. Jun 02 77 views

I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well.

Hi all. I recently graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering and I'm trying to figure out what my options are and where I would fit in well. My main reason for completing a chem eng degree was its versatility. At 18 I didn't know what I wanted to do but I knew this degree would give me...

#engineering #college #career-advice #sheq #sustainability #chemicaleng #chemical-engineering #career

Mei Wei K.’s Avatar
Mei Wei K. Mar 09 96 views

How is technology reused or recycled in large organizations?

With the constant rush for the next upgrade in technology, my concern is that used technology is being simply thrown away when it can be reused or repurposed in new ways. #tech...

#sustainability

Cameron B.’s Avatar
Cameron B. Jan 12 110 views

Trying to enter the field of Urban Planning

Hi, I am 16 years old and in my second semester of college! I am interested In entering the field of urban planning but more on a larger scaler with large cities and possibly even internationally I am trying to learn Spanish and I already know a good amount of French ( I am thinking of moving...

#engineering #urban-planning #sustainability

Joseph A.’s Avatar
Joseph A. May 30, 2018 193 views

How do I build initial capital for an entrepreneurial endeavor?

I am interested in starting a sustainable development business, flipping properties but with a sustainability focus. But it seems like in order to break into property flipping, I need a large amount of investment to get started. Any ideas on how to fund a potentially expensive startup company?...

#realestate #business #sustainability

Dianne M.’s Avatar
Dianne M. May 12, 2016 1887 views

What careers in STEM will allow me to travel?

I'm an incoming college freshman pursuing a bachelor's in biotechnology and planning to enter the field of sustainable energy. While I am very comfortable with this plan, I would also like to travel the world, and travel often. Are there any careers in the STEM field that can open opportunities...

#environmental-science #stem #environmental-services #sustainability #energy #oil-and-energy

Alina R.’s Avatar
Alina R. Mar 20, 2018 288 views

How does a startup go from selling to independent boutiques to large retail stores?

I am in graduate school developing a health and environmentally conscious skin care line. Since I have reached out to different stores of how I can acquire shelf space, I feel that there is a gap in my knowledge between small and large retailers. I'm aware that I need to make bigger sales and...

#entrepreneurship #skincare #women-in-leadership #natural #women-in-business #sustainability #beauty-industry

skylar G.’s Avatar
skylar G. Sep 01, 2017 390 views

What are potential career paths for a Management Information Systems bachelors degree?

I would like to start a sustainable social business but I do not know exactly what I want to do yet except help people and the environment! Technology is used in practically every field so I feel as if this would be a good major. #business #sustainability #sustainable-development...

#mis #sustainable-business #technology

Japjeet K.’s Avatar
Japjeet K. May 04, 2017 778 views

What careers combine arts and sustainability?

Hello. I am searching for a bachelor career that combines art (if it is dance more than great) or/and crafts and sustainability with a very practical approach. I would would love to study abroad. But also if anyone know about a career in communication that is not focused in...

#dance #travel #arts-and-crafts #permaculture #writing #journalism #sustainability #performing-arts

Adriana C.’s Avatar
Adriana C. Oct 27, 2016 1141 views

What is a day in the life of an Environmental scientist like?

I am curious if all Environmental Scientists have the opportunity to explore the outdoors to obtain samples and gain knowledge out in the field for their researches. #environmental-science #environmental-engineering #sustainability...

#forestry

Adriana C.’s Avatar
Adriana C. Oct 27, 2016 1774 views

What is the main difference between an Environment Engineer and an Environmental Scientist?

I am genuinely interested in the well being of the environment. I want to major in one of these two, but still have not decided between the two. #college-major #environmental-science #environmental-engineering...

#sustainability

Emma J.’s Avatar
Emma J. Oct 23, 2016 362 views

What are some effective and progressive jobs in the environmental sustainability field?

My major is in environmental science. I am striving to really change the world as much as I possibly can in this field, making huge changes toward environmental sustainability and creating more positive effects on humankind's ecological footprint. Thanks so much! #environmental-science...

#earth #environment #make-a-change #ecological #environmental #sustainability

Kathy M.’s Avatar
Kathy M. May 30, 2016 546 views

Degree in biology... art/environment/science?

Hello, I graduated last year with a degree in biology in Florida... I've been pre-dental since 2010. I applied last cycle with a GPA of 3.4 and a DAT score of 17. I'm aware my DAT score isn't the best, and considering how competitive the dental career is becoming, I don't expect that to be...

#career-change #sustainable-design #environmental #science #sustainability #conservation-biology #advisor

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 27, 2016 509 views

To create a non-profit organization combating hunger through sustainable agriculture, what area of study would be most relevant? Business management, agriculture, sustainability and nutrition all factor in, but which is the best approach?

In many parts of the world there is an extreme shortage of nutritious food and simultaneously very little practice of environmentally sustainable agriculture. A non-profit organization specialized in farming could perhaps kill two birds with one stone. #nonprofits #agriculture #public-health...

#sustainability

haylin C.’s Avatar
haylin C. May 20, 2016 346 views

When should a graduate start looking for internships?

planning for my senior year and preparation for after graduation. #internship #agriculture...

#sustainability

Alejandra Q.’s Avatar
Alejandra Q. May 20, 2016 416 views

What is the best way to engage with a philanthropist?

I am interested in starting a project which integrates sustainable buisness practices, nutrition, and community involvement. #nutrition #ecology #community...

#sustainability

Dianne M.’s Avatar
Dianne M. May 10, 2016 540 views

How do I break into the sustainable energy field?

As an incoming college freshman, I am interested in pursuing a career in the field of sustainable energy. I don't have a particular focus at the moment because I still have to learn more about my own major (Biotechnology) and the field itself, but I would like to be prepared for the future as...

#sustainability #stem #biotechnology #college #technology #biology #science