Career Questions tagged Women In Leadership

Samantha U.’s Avatar
Samantha U. Apr 16, 2018 681 views

How do I gain and maintain respect and attention as a leader?

I'm currently the Head of Marketing on my school's robotics team, and I get a lot of disrespect from my peers, due to lack of interest in marketing, the fact that I'm smaller and younger than everyone else, that I am one of the five-ish girls on a 40+ person team, and the fact that due to my...

marketing womeninstem technology women-in-leadership

Alina R.’s Avatar
Alina R. Mar 20, 2018 568 views

How does a startup go from selling to independent boutiques to large retail stores?

I am in graduate school developing a health and environmentally conscious skin care line. Since I have reached out to different stores of how I can acquire shelf space, I feel that there is a gap in my knowledge between small and large retailers. I'm aware that I need to make bigger sales and...

sustainability women-in-business women-in-leadership natural beauty-industry entrepreneurship skincare

Jessica B.’s Avatar
Jessica B. Oct 28, 2016 673 views

Will a degree in biomedical engineering help me get a career in the STEM field?

I recently spoke to a friend that is in the program. She told me she can't find a lot of jobs with this degree since it covers a broad range of topics and not just a certain one like mechanical, civil engineering does. I've been doing research for osseointegrated prosthetic limbs, and wanted to...

stem science women-in-stem math women-in-tech engineering biomedical-engineering women-in-leadership

Brooke E.’s Avatar
Brooke E. Oct 21, 2016 518 views

What type of degree would I need to be able to get the best job that would be avaliable for me in the works and job offers in STEM?

I am the type that will go for it all, if that means I can get the best possible. But with this sometimes having the best isn't the best for you, like I could have a Ph.D in something and then have someone tell me "You didn't need that to hold a job for you here." And I don't want to do that if...

youth-leadership education-professions future-careers business women-in-leadership

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Oct 12, 2016 1301 views

For female professionals: Have you even encountered any obstacles obtaining leadership positions because of your gender, and if so, how did you handle those challenges?

I've always had slight concerns about being a woman pursuing a historically male-dominated field (in my case, psychology research/professorship), and I was curious what have been the experiences of women in leadership positions. Was it difficult getting where you are because of your gender? Are...

sexism women-in-higher-ed women-in-engineering women women-in-stem women-in-tech leadership women-in-leadership