Career Questions tagged Women In Higher Ed

Sabrina K.’s Avatar
Sabrina K. Jan 20, 2018 496 views

What is it like to teach English at the high school and college level?

My goal is to become an English teacher. I was planning on pursuing high school but someone suggested college. Since I haven't been to college yet I don't know what teachers are like there. Hearing about different experiences from teaching different levels would help me decide which I would...

#college-jobs #english #women-in-higher-ed #education #higher-education

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Oct 12, 2016 1125 views

For female professionals: Have you even encountered any obstacles obtaining leadership positions because of your gender, and if so, how did you handle those challenges?

I've always had slight concerns about being a woman pursuing a historically male-dominated field (in my case, psychology research/professorship), and I was curious what have been the experiences of women in leadership positions. Was it difficult getting where you are because of your gender? Are...

#sexism #women-in-leadership #women-in-higher-ed #women-in-engineering #leadership #women #women-in-tech #women-in-stem