Career Questions tagged Women In Stem

Oluomachi U.’s Avatar
Oluomachi U. Jun 29, 2021 271 views

What do you like/dislike about being a biomedical engineer?

I plan on majoring in BME and hope to have that as a career. So I'm curious as to what it is like working as a certified engineer. To add on, I have some experience coming up with solutions and models, but I never got to build anything due to covid. biomedical-engineering biomedical...

engineer engineering stem women-in-stem

Italy S.’s Avatar
Italy S. Jun 02, 2021 90 views

How many athletic trainers in the NFL are women?

I want to know if women are given a chance to work in a largely male profession. women-in-stem women women-in-sports...

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jul 17, 2020 259 views

How can I gain experience in the STEM fields?

I am thinking about majoring in the Physics field in the future when I am in college. I want to gain some experience in the field. women-in-stem stem...

july20

Michal T.’s Avatar
Michal T. Jun 09, 2020 429 views

What is the best way to bring attention and members to your non profit organization?

I'm in the process of starting a NPO focused on the lack of women in STEM and the empowerment of female leaders. women-in-stem engineering business...

computerscience

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Mar 26, 2018 587 views

How could my salary, as an aspiring physician who is female and part of an under represented minority group, be affected in my future?

I have learned that in 2017 only about 34% of physicians were female. In addition to being female I am also a part of a minority group. I would like to know how these factors may play a role in determining my salary in my future career even though these facts have nothing to do with how I could...

minority female healthcare physician women medicine hospital-and-healthcare women-in-stem

Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. May 09, 2019 366 views

What is the best major for someone interested in becoming an electrical engineer?

What is the best major for someone interested in becoming an electrical engineer? And are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have? What kinds of electrical engineers are there? engineering electrical-engineering women-in-stem major-choices...

stem

Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. May 09, 2019 400 views

Are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have?

Are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have? In other words, what kinds of electrical engineers are there? What are the differences in terms of what they do? engineering electrical-engineering women-in-stem...

stem

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 364 views

What are STEM-related activities I can do outside of college classes that help me become a successful medical school applicant?

I will be attending Northeastern University next year, and I would particularly love to get advice or suggestions for opportunities that are located in the Boston area. I plan to co-op during my undergrad, but are there other important things I can accomplish as a premed student? stem...

boston college women-in-stem northeastern healthcare doctor premed science medicine physician

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 410 views

What is something you wish you knew before you entered the medical field?

I am planning to be premed in college next year, and I don't know any medical professionals closely. I would appreciate any input on what surprised you about medicine, and what one should be prepared for. Thank you! stem women-in-stem medicine med doctor surgeon premed nurse pa ot pt...

emt lpn aprn healthcare rn do

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. May 04, 2019 435 views

Did you ever feel like you had to prove your worth and capabilities in STEM to your peers and/or colleagues? How did you go about doing so?

As a STEM student (civil engineering major), I am constantly reminded about how important it is to stand out from my peers, whether in grades, extracurricular activities/leadership, internships, etc. I feel like going into a STEM education, I've only began realizing how competitive STEM fields...

career stem-career college women-in-stem stem

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 301 views

Does majoring in science increase your chances of getting into medical school later on?

I'll be majoring in Biochemistry as a freshman at Northeastern University next year. I truly love the sciences, and I want to know how to become a better candidate for med school. stem women-in-stem medicine biochemistry biochem doctor healthcare -school...

science

Abigail S.’s Avatar
Abigail S. Mar 06, 2019 307 views

What are the pros and cons of a double major?

I have several interests in fields of STEM as well as liberal arts, and I would appreciate advice on whether a double major is a reasonable way to fulfill both those aspirations. liberal-arts...

women-in-stem

Rosa W.’s Avatar
Rosa W. Aug 31, 2018 422 views

Would a degree from an engineering school or a duel diploma with a liberal arts school and an engineering school give an engineering student a more well-rounded education?

As a student with many interests, spaning from stem to art-history, it is hard to tell what kind of institution will be best suited for me. Would you suggest a program that is soley at an engineering school, or would a duel degree with an engineering school and a liberal arts college be better...

steam stem women-in-stem

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 534 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

technology career science planetary-science workforce medicine steam student space-exploration stem women-in-stem pharmaceuticals biotechnology high-school future astrophysics nasa forensics

Chloe R.’s Avatar
Chloe R. Apr 17, 2018 543 views

Is the gender imbalance in stem related majors a problem or is it decreasing now a days?

I plan on majoring in a stem field and want to be prepared for what my classes will look like. stem...

women-in-stem

Tareem M.’s Avatar
Tareem M. Apr 02, 2018 638 views

How do I achieve success in a career in science while being a woman of minority?

I am a high school senior and a Muslim, Indian woman. I want to pave a way for myself to achieve my goals and experience my dreams. How can I take advantage of who I am, a woman of a minority, and still earn a degree in STEM? science minority women-in-stem empowering-women...

career-paths

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 601 views

What are some possible job position with CS degree?

Hello, I am going to CS major. I wonder what are some job positions with a CS degree. What is annual salary for those jobs? Is it easy to find those job? How should I apply for a job? Does the company I worked for matter? What are some great quality of a company I should look for?...

programmer software-engineering computer-science women-in-tech women-in-stem