Career Questions tagged Women In Stem

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Jul 27 107 views

Resources for STEM scholarships?

Specially, ones for women and those majoring in math.

Jenny N.’s Avatar
Jenny N. May 29 144 views

What is it like being a woman working in STEM? Are there any feelings of self doubt or lack of confidence? If so, how to overcome it?

I've always been so confused and honestly frustrated that women don't get as much recognition in STEM-related careers, and although opportunities are arising there are still underlying sexism and misogyny in the workplace. That sometimes discourage me from pursuing a career in STEM because I...

Melanie R.’s Avatar
Melanie R. Apr 11 349 views

As a woman have you ever felt discouraged going into a male dominated field?

As a woman wanting to go into a male dominated field I often find it scary thinking there won't be much women around me. Have you ever been discouraged from it? How did you deal with it?

Aleeciah R.’s Avatar
Aleeciah R. Nov 16, 2021 191 views

How much pay can you get working with STEM?, if you can that is

#stem #women-in-stem

SRIVEDA J.’s Avatar
SRIVEDA J. Nov 13, 2021 219 views

what to study after 12th to become a cosmologist ?

#educator

#any `````````` #india

Oluomachi U.’s Avatar
Oluomachi U. Jun 29, 2021 427 views

What do you like/dislike about being a biomedical engineer?

I plan on majoring in BME and hope to have that as a career. So I'm curious as to what it is like working as a certified engineer. To add on, I have some experience coming up with solutions and models, but I never got to build anything due to covid. #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

Italy S.’s Avatar
Italy S. Jun 02, 2021 170 views

How many athletic trainers in the NFL are women?

I want to know if women are given a chance to work in a largely male profession. #women-in-stem #women #women-in-sports medicine

Shan T.’s Avatar
Shan T. Jan 25, 2021 503 views

I am somewhat interested in STEM, but I don't really know what specifically I wanna do?

I am a bit interested in engineering, possibly heading down the medical route, cog sci, I'm not really sure #tech #women-in-stem #stem #tech #stemcareers #medical #cognitive-science #engineering #medicalschool

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Sep 16, 2020 619 views

What are some of the most meaningful non-healthcare STEM careers?

#stem #women-in-stem #women-in-tech #careers #mathematics #stemcareers #science #engineering #technology #impact

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Sep 09, 2020 830 views

What is it like to be a woman in engineering?

#engineers #biomedical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #career-counseling #women #stem #technology #college #engineering #chemical-engineering #women-in-stem #stemcareers #women-in-tech

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 20, 2020 372 views

What holds women back in most workplaces?

#women-in-stem

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jul 17, 2020 325 views

How can I gain experience in the STEM fields?

I am thinking about majoring in the Physics field in the future when I am in college. I want to gain some experience in the field. #women-in-stem #stem #JULY20

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 10, 2020 321 views

What's it like traveling the world as a job? What types of jobs would allow me to travel?

#women-in-stem #travel

Michal T.’s Avatar
Michal T. Jun 09, 2020 512 views

What is the best way to bring attention and members to your non profit organization?

I'm in the process of starting a NPO focused on the lack of women in STEM and the empowerment of female leaders. #women-in-stem #engineering #business #computerscience

Brynna S.’s Avatar
Brynna S. Feb 01, 2020 413 views

What is the most important skill to have for careers in STEM?

#stem #career #women-in-stem #skills

Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. May 09, 2019 468 views

Are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have?

Are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have? In other words, what kinds of electrical engineers are there? What are the differences in terms of what they do?
#engineering #electrical-engineering #women-in-stem #stem

Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. May 09, 2019 437 views

What is the best major for someone interested in becoming an electrical engineer?

What is the best major for someone interested in becoming an electrical engineer? And are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have? What kinds of electrical engineers are there? #engineering #electrical-engineering #women-in-stem #major-choices #stem

Shanvi M.’s Avatar
Shanvi M. May 09, 2019 329 views

What are some wasy AI helps us or can help us?

#tech #women-in-stem

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. May 09, 2019 509 views

How does STEM tie into any of the hobbies/volunteering you participate in outside of work?

#computer-science #stem #technology #tech #programming #software #software-engineering #women-in-stem #software-engineer #information-technology-and-services #engineering

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. May 09, 2019 518 views

What steps can I take to be a database administrator?

Certifications?
Graduate programs?
Side projects?
Online/Text resources?
#computer-science #stem #technology #tech #programming #software #women-in-stem #software-engineer #information-technology-and-services

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. May 04, 2019 532 views

How would you describe your experiences as a woman pursuing STEM in a sentence?

#stem #women-in-stem

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 430 views

What are STEM-related activities I can do outside of college classes that help me become a successful medical school applicant?

I will be attending Northeastern University next year, and I would particularly love to get advice or suggestions for opportunities that are located in the Boston area. I plan to co-op during my undergrad, but are there other important things I can accomplish as a premed student? #stem...

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 490 views

What is something you wish you knew before you entered the medical field?

I am planning to be premed in college next year, and I don't know any medical professionals closely. I would appreciate any input on what surprised you about medicine, and what one should be prepared for. Thank you! #stem #women-in-stem #medicine #med #doctor #surgeon #premed #nurse #pa #ot #pt...

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. May 04, 2019 495 views

Did you ever feel like you had to prove your worth and capabilities in STEM to your peers and/or colleagues? How did you go about doing so?

As a STEM student (civil engineering major), I am constantly reminded about how important it is to stand out from my peers, whether in grades, extracurricular activities/leadership, internships, etc. I feel like going into a STEM education, I've only began realizing how competitive STEM fields...

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 367 views

Does majoring in science increase your chances of getting into medical school later on?

I'll be majoring in Biochemistry as a freshman at Northeastern University next year. I truly love the sciences, and I want to know how to become a better candidate for med school.
#stem #women-in-stem #medicine #biochemistry #biochem #doctor #healthcare -school #science

Abigail S.’s Avatar
Abigail S. Mar 06, 2019 402 views

What are the pros and cons of a double major?

I have several interests in fields of STEM as well as liberal arts, and I would appreciate advice on whether a double major is a reasonable way to fulfill both those aspirations.

#liberal-arts
#women-in-stem

Rosa W.’s Avatar
Rosa W. Aug 31, 2018 487 views

Would a degree from an engineering school or a duel diploma with a liberal arts school and an engineering school give an engineering student a more well-rounded education?

As a student with many interests, spaning from stem to art-history, it is hard to tell what kind of institution will be best suited for me. Would you suggest a program that is soley at an engineering school, or would a duel degree with an engineering school and a liberal arts college be better...

Rosa W.’s Avatar
Rosa W. Aug 31, 2018 854 views

What is the best advice that you have for women hoping to excel in the engineering field?

#stem #steam #engineering #women-in-stem #career #business #materialscienceengineering

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 618 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. May 17, 2018 670 views

What are some entry level jobs for academic achieving High School Graduates with minimal work experience in the Bay Area?

#high-school #part-time-job #time-management #data #STEM #management #women-in-stem #siliconvalley #employment #internships #high-school-students #resume