Career Questions tagged Women In Stem

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jul 17 85 views

How can I gain experience in the STEM fields?

I am thinking about majoring in the Physics field in the future when I am in college. I want to gain some experience in the field. #women-in-stem #stem...

#july20

Michal T.’s Avatar
Michal T. Jun 09 216 views

What is the best way to bring attention and members to your non profit organization?

I'm in the process of starting a NPO focused on the lack of women in STEM and the empowerment of female leaders. #women-in-stem #engineering #business...

#computerscience

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Mar 26, 2018 406 views

How could my salary, as an aspiring physician who is female and part of an under represented minority group, be affected in my future?

I have learned that in 2017 only about 34% of physicians were female. In addition to being female I am also a part of a minority group. I would like to know how these factors may play a role in determining my salary in my future career even though these facts have nothing to do with how I could...

#hospital-and-healthcare #female #medicine #women-in-stem #healthcare #minority #women #physician

Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. May 09, 2019 185 views

What is the best major for someone interested in becoming an electrical engineer?

What is the best major for someone interested in becoming an electrical engineer? And are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have? What kinds of electrical engineers are there? #engineering #electrical-engineering #women-in-stem #major-choices...

#stem

Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. May 09, 2019 215 views

Are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have?

Are there different kinds of focuses an electrical engineer may have? In other words, what kinds of electrical engineers are there? What are the differences in terms of what they do? #engineering #electrical-engineering #women-in-stem...

#stem

Shanvi M.’s Avatar
Shanvi M. May 09, 2019 142 views
Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. May 09, 2019 239 views
Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 194 views

What are STEM-related activities I can do outside of college classes that help me become a successful medical school applicant?

I will be attending Northeastern University next year, and I would particularly love to get advice or suggestions for opportunities that are located in the Boston area. I plan to co-op during my undergrad, but are there other important things I can accomplish as a premed student? #stem...

#doctor #college #medicine #science #healthcare #premed #northeastern #women-in-stem #boston #physician

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 246 views

What is something you wish you knew before you entered the medical field?

I am planning to be premed in college next year, and I don't know any medical professionals closely. I would appreciate any input on what surprised you about medicine, and what one should be prepared for. Thank you! #stem #women-in-stem #medicine #med #doctor #surgeon #premed #nurse #pa #ot #pt...

#do #aprn #healthcare #lpn #emt #rn

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. May 04, 2019 250 views

Did you ever feel like you had to prove your worth and capabilities in STEM to your peers and/or colleagues? How did you go about doing so?

As a STEM student (civil engineering major), I am constantly reminded about how important it is to stand out from my peers, whether in grades, extracurricular activities/leadership, internships, etc. I feel like going into a STEM education, I've only began realizing how competitive STEM fields...

#college #career #stem #women-in-stem #stem-career

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 160 views

Does majoring in science increase your chances of getting into medical school later on?

I'll be majoring in Biochemistry as a freshman at Northeastern University next year. I truly love the sciences, and I want to know how to become a better candidate for med school. #stem #women-in-stem #medicine #biochemistry #biochem #doctor #healthcare -school...

#science

Abigail S.’s Avatar
Abigail S. Mar 06, 2019 161 views

What are the pros and cons of a double major?

I have several interests in fields of STEM as well as liberal arts, and I would appreciate advice on whether a double major is a reasonable way to fulfill both those aspirations. #liberal-arts...

#women-in-stem

Rosa W.’s Avatar
Rosa W. Aug 31, 2018 283 views

Would a degree from an engineering school or a duel diploma with a liberal arts school and an engineering school give an engineering student a more well-rounded education?

As a student with many interests, spaning from stem to art-history, it is hard to tell what kind of institution will be best suited for me. Would you suggest a program that is soley at an engineering school, or would a duel degree with an engineering school and a liberal arts college be better...

#steam #women-in-stem #stem

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 310 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

#nasa #medicine #high-school #science #stem #steam #space-exploration #student #workforce #pharmaceuticals #technology #future #forensics #planetary-science #biotechnology #career #women-in-stem #astrophysics

Chloe R.’s Avatar
Chloe R. Apr 17, 2018 376 views

Is the gender imbalance in stem related majors a problem or is it decreasing now a days?

I plan on majoring in a stem field and want to be prepared for what my classes will look like. #stem...

#women-in-stem

Tareem M.’s Avatar
Tareem M. Apr 02, 2018 428 views

How do I achieve success in a career in science while being a woman of minority?

I am a high school senior and a Muslim, Indian woman. I want to pave a way for myself to achieve my goals and experience my dreams. How can I take advantage of who I am, a woman of a minority, and still earn a degree in STEM? #science #minority #women-in-stem #empowering-women...

#career-paths

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 409 views

What are some possible job position with CS degree?

Hello, I am going to CS major. I wonder what are some job positions with a CS degree. What is annual salary for those jobs? Is it easy to find those job? How should I apply for a job? Does the company I worked for matter? What are some great quality of a company I should look for?...

#programmer #computer-science #women-in-tech #software-engineering #women-in-stem

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 430 views

How to become a data scientist?

Hello, I am going to a liberal art college in a fringe town next school year. The school does not have a data science major but I am highly interested in data science. (I will be going to double majors in Computer science and Statistics.) What are some steps should I do to become a data...

#stemcareers #datascience #computer-science #technology #college-advice #women-in-stem

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Mar 28, 2018 398 views

What does a computer engineer do?

What does a computer engineer do? What are the career options for a computer engineer? What does a day in the life of a computer engineer entail? #engineering #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #computer-engineering #stem #girls-in-stem #girls-who-code #computer-software #computer-hardware...

#computer-science #computer-programming

Molly A.’s Avatar
Molly A. Mar 27, 2018 467 views

How can a women thrive in a male dominated field?

I am going into engineering. I understand that my college classes and workplace will be dominated by men. I would like to know how I can assert myself and no be intimidated. #engineering...

#women-in-stem

Sydney R.’s Avatar
Sydney R. Mar 20, 2018 291 views

Do women in the predominantly male Engineering field face challenges of being heard and/or taken seriously in the professional workplace?

I am a female engineering student and I often find myself being isolated in the classroom setting by the overwhelming majority of male students. I feel as if some of my ideas and contributions are not heard or simply looked over due to being female in a "male oriented" career. I am curious to...

#women-in-stem #swe