Career Questions tagged Womeninstem

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. May 09, 2019 245 views

When do most comp sci internships start?

I’m going to be a junior in computer science this coming fall, and I would like to begin searching for internships for the experience. I am going to have to take a summer class during the month of May. Are there internships that allow you to start in the middle of the summer, or are there any...

#softwaredeveloper #softwareengineer #computer-software #software #technology #computer #computer-science #stem #womeninstem #internship #engineer

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. May 09, 2019 347 views

How to prepare for an internship?

I’m in progress of a computer science bachelor degree. However, I’ve only had two coding classes: an introductory class using Visual Basic, and C++. I do not feel that I have learned much and would like to be more qualified for future internships. How may I further increase my knowledge outside...

#softwaredeveloper #softwareengineer #computer-software #software #technology #computer #computer-science #stem #womeninstem #internship #science

Rosa W.’s Avatar
Rosa W. Aug 31, 2018 275 views

How do you deal with sexism in the workplace?

I am a student and an officer in my school's engineering groups. I am working with our Society for Pre-engineering at the moment, and I have had to deal with a great deal of sexism. I get comments about being to "girly" to be an engineer and how its a "shame" that I want to spend time in labs....

#societyforwomenengineers #womeninstem

Jessica A.’s Avatar
Jessica A. May 10, 2018 299 views
Samantha U.’s Avatar
Samantha U. Apr 16, 2018 446 views

How do I gain and maintain respect and attention as a leader?

I'm currently the Head of Marketing on my school's robotics team, and I get a lot of disrespect from my peers, due to lack of interest in marketing, the fact that I'm smaller and younger than everyone else, that I am one of the five-ish girls on a 40+ person team, and the fact that due to my...

#technology #womeninstem #marketing #women-in-leadership