Career Questions tagged Computer Security

Giridhar N.’s Avatar
Giridhar N. Aug 11, 2020 284 views

Are B.Sc Cyber Forensics students eligible for an M.S. in Cyber Security?

I have completed my 12th std. and am planning on doing a B.Sc in Cyber Forensics. I am definitely going to pursue a masters degree in the United States but wanted to know if I would be eligible for an M.S. in Cyber Security. Or... do I have to stick to an M.S. in Digital Forensics?...

career computer-security cyber-security

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17, 2020 351 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

careerdevelopment cybersecurity technology july20 womeninstem career informationsecurity computerscience applicationsecurity computer-science computer-security stem

Jalaal D.’s Avatar
Jalaal D. Jan 22, 2018 772 views

What are jobs like with a computer science/computer engineering degree? As well as other tech jobs.

I'm a junior in high school. I am part of my schools tech academy and I hope to find a career in tech when I get older. I want to major in computer sciences or computer engineering. I'm interested in video games,baseball and cars. I just really don't know what the jobs are like in these majors....

computer-hardware computer computer-programming computer-software computer-engineering computer-science computer-security

Nickolas L.’s Avatar
Nickolas L. Oct 30, 2017 6977 views

Does Cyber Security require alot of math?

Lets just say I am no math buff, It has to be my worst subject. I have always had a hard time with mathematics,and I am curious is Cyber Security require alot of math or not. cybersecurity computer-security computer-networking computer-and-network-security...

cyber-security

Nickolas L.’s Avatar
Nickolas L. Sep 21, 2017 643 views

I am a Junior in High School and I was wondering what I can do now to prepare for a job in Cyber Security

I am asking because I told my uncle who is constantly telling me to be smart about what I choose to do and I am not genius when it comes to my education I am smart in some areas but in stuff like Science and Math I show my weakness. And I am asking to see how other people in my similar...

highschool computer-security cyber-security computer-programming

Daniel G.’s Avatar
Daniel G. Feb 28, 2017 1080 views

How to prepare for Cyber Security as a high school student?

I'm interested in doing Cyber Security in the future but I don't know how to prepare for it. I'm still in high school and I am taking computer programming related courses like CSAP. computer-science computer-programming cyber-security computer-networking...

computer-security

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 09, 2017 841 views

What is the best online program for obtaining cyber-security experience?

I may be planning on going into the cyber-security/network security, so I was wondering where and what would offer me the best experience and knowledge on security basics at any place and anytime. networking cyber-security computer-security it-management online-learning network-security...

security-basics

shaun T.’s Avatar
shaun T. Dec 12, 2016 783 views

my school does not have a computer science class or any other computer class

im 13 a know im young to be on a career website but i want to work in cyber security. knowing my school does not have computer science i am self teaching my self Linux and python so i can know basic knowledge of cyber security. but can i get in two a college or university by being self taught...

computer-networking computer-programming computer-software computer-science computer-security

Elisabeth J.’s Avatar
Elisabeth J. Oct 31, 2016 777 views

How much computer science experience do I need before I decide to major in that in college?

I want to major in computer science because I think it's a really cool subject and I want to learn more, but I feel like I don't have as much experience as everyone else who majors in that. I'm in AP computer science right now and I'm getting it as I go along, but everyone else in the class is...

technology computer-software computer-hardware computer-games computer-networking computer-programming computer-science computer-security

Ryan M.’s Avatar
Ryan M. Oct 30, 2016 700 views

What kind of jobs can one pursue with a degree in cybersecurity, and would a computer science degree open more doors?

My main goal in college is to achieve a master's degree in cybersecurity, however, I'm not sure if computer science would have a broader spectrum of career paths. computer-science computer cyber-security computer-security...

cyber-defense

Nicholas S.’s Avatar
Nicholas S. Oct 30, 2016 921 views

What are the top colleges for Computer Science and Cyber Security?

In the future, I plan to go to a college for a computer science and cyber security major. I just haven't been able to find the "perfect" college. I thought I would ask for people's opinion who are actually in the field of study. Thank you. computer-science computer...

computer-security

aleya S.’s Avatar
aleya S. Oct 29, 2016 1131 views

What kinds of things do people do in Cyber Security?

I have heard that they hack into a server for weaknesses in it, so they can make the server more safe from attacks. Is there more to it? technology cyber-security...

computer-security

Sara H.’s Avatar
Sara H. Oct 26, 2016 768 views

If I don't know as much as my high school peers about tech, will I be behind in college?

The high school I currently attend doesn't have tech classes that delve into the topics of cyber security (or what cyber even is, for that matter), computer programming, or the basic fundamentals of how computers are built. Over the summer, I was chosen as a participant for the GenCyber Program...

computer-science cyber computer-security computer-programming

Namito Y.’s Avatar
Namito Y. Oct 22, 2016 591 views

What would you consider as a major with potential to become the most essential for businesses?

I am planning to major in Computer Science for my first year of college next fall but looking for any other majors that could affect businesses in the near future. computer-science computer-software business college-major computer-programming computer-hardware computer-networking...

computer-security

Darryl H.’s Avatar
Darryl H. Oct 22, 2016 1056 views

In the Computer Science/Programming field, are credentials more important than student projects?

I plan to get a Master's degree in Computer Science, Programming, Software Engineering, or a related field. However, a lot of people I've talked to in the Computer Science field have told me that a MS degree in this field is unnecessary, and potential employers will judge you more based on any...

coding programming computer-software software-engineering software-development computer-programming software computer-security

stephany D.’s Avatar
stephany D. Sep 14, 2016 711 views

what program language should i learn next already experienced with java and python

i have no one who has experience in computer science...

computer-security

a Z.’s Avatar
a Z. Jul 08, 2016 1525 views

Would it be wise to take AP Calculus to pursue a career in Information Technology?

Hi, I just became a senior in high school and have plans to pursue a career in IT security. I have a choice to take AP Calculus this year. My other options are Business Math or Statistics. Would Calculus be a helpful course to prepare for an IT career? I know it is not a mandatory course to...

it-management cyber-security it-security information-technology computer-security information-security

Liz A.’s Avatar
Liz A. May 03, 2016 3042 views

What is the most exciting part of your job in computer security?

We learned about careers in computer security in school but it didn't sound as interesting or exciting as some others we've learned about, so i want to know what the best part of your job is. What is the most exciting thing about it? computer-software technology computer-security...

cyber-crime

Kelly J.’s Avatar
Kelly J. May 02, 2016 5873 views

What made you want to work in computer security?

I've heard good things about this industry but i'm not sold on it being the one I pursue. Can you tell me about what made you decide to go into this industry? technology cyber-security...

computer-security

Anne S.’s Avatar
Anne S. Apr 26, 2016 1464 views

How should I figure out what job I should do within cybersecurity?

I'm currently a junior in high school and i'm very intrigued by a career in cyber security because i've been told that this is a really good field to get into, but i'm not exactly sure what job options are available to me within cyber security. I'm thinking about marketing.. but I'm not set on...

marketing network-security technology cyber-security computer-security information-security

tadesse G.’s Avatar
tadesse G. Apr 20, 2016 1021 views

what IT short course could provide me with average salary ?

i am new to the states,i have basic networking knowledge back home also i have associate degree from a university. computer-security databases network-security cloud-computing cisco-technologies ccna cisco-certified...

oracle

Lenira S.’s Avatar
Lenira S. May 19, 2015 13796 views

What major should I study for career in Network Security?

I am a junior at Madison Park T.V. High School, I'm in the ISSN(Information Services Support Network). I'm interested in working with computers and keeping it secure, I want to major on Network Security and I'm not sure what major I need to study in college to proceed on my career....

network-security college-major computer-security