Career Questions tagged Careeradvice

Dylan R.’s Avatar
Dylan R. Sep 21 90 views

The Best Career for a Lover of Language

Hello everyone! I was just wondering what a good career would be for someone with my hobbies/skillsets/shortcomings. I am an aspiring polyglot, specifically with Korean, Spanish, Mandarin, Hindi, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, English (Native), Japanese, and Russian. As of posting this...

#careeradvice #career #career-advice

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Aug 08 175 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

#technology #consulting #professionals #contentcreator #algorithm #linkedin #career #writer #recruiters #strategy #careeradvice #influencer #hr

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 22 152 views

What's the one thing you would do differently if you could travel back in time to where you started your career / coding journey?

As a self-taught web developer, at some point during my coding journey, I got distracted and switched to a different language just out of curiosity. (switch from JavaScript to Python). Three months later, I realized that Python or Data science isn't really my thing. (I definitely see the...

#education #programming #technology #timetravel #learning #focus #professional #career #coding #javascript #careeradvice #careerguidance #business #careerchoices #webdevelopment #python

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 18 264 views

How do you overcome imposter syndrome?

As a self-taught web developer, I often wonder whether I am competent enough to apply for web developer jobs that typically require a degree in Computer Science & require 2+ years (or more) of relevant work experiences for junior web developer position. The requirement section in the job...

#july20 #technology #softskills #hr #technicalskills #impostersyndrome #career #coding #webdevelopment #careeradvice #interview-prep #humanresource #jobpost

Holden R.’s Avatar
Holden R. May 26 110 views

Should I stay in the oilfield service industry or make a career change?

The oil industry is full of uncertainty and requires me to live in places I would rather not (North Dakota/West Texas). Money can be very good. Should I stay in it for the long haul or take the leap into a different industry? Currently a general manager of a $25M/year oilfield service...

#oilfield #energy #careeradvice #business #careermove

Josseline C.’s Avatar
Josseline C. Aug 27, 2018 263 views

Is a contract linguist a good job option for someone who plans to obtain a degree in criminal justice,who likes to travel,learn different languages and work with computers?

I am interested in learning and mastering as many languages as I can . I also want to obtain a masters in criminal justice. My idea is to work with the FBI if possible, but I am not sure if the degree I want to obtain is beneficial for this profession....

#careeradvice

Ben S.’s Avatar
Ben S. Aug 13, 2018 249 views

Should I study data science at university?

I am a generalist who is good with numbers and words. I am not sure if I should pursue an economics and politics degree or do data science instead as it is more practical and there's a higher chance that I could get a job at the end of it. #careeradvice # #first-job...

#job-search

Chelsea R.’s Avatar
Chelsea R. Jun 29, 2018 287 views

Which college majors are best for people aspiring to become occupational therapists?

I'm looking into majors such as human development, neuroscience, psychology, and biology. Are there other majors I should consider? Thanks! #occupationaltherapy #ot #collegemajors #careeradvice #occupationaltherapist...

#humandevelopment

Chelsea R.’s Avatar
Chelsea R. Jun 29, 2018 211 views

What are the best ways to prepare for a career as an occupational therapist?

I'm interesting in seeing what OTs did to prepare for their careers. Observations? Internships? Research? Volunteering? #occupationaltherapy #careeradvice #ot...

#occupational-therapist

Oreoluwa A.’s Avatar
Oreoluwa A. May 25, 2018 368 views

How did you know that the career you chose was absolutely what you wanted to do for the rest of your life?

I am about to be a senior in high school and I know that, right now, I want to be a neurologist, but I am worried that once I start studying to become one, I will realize I do not like it, but by then it will be too late to change my mind. I just want to know how you discovered what career you...

#choosingtherightfield #uncertainty #careeradvice #medicalfield #decions