Career Questions tagged Careeradvice

Holden R.’s Avatar
Holden R. May 26 49 views

Should I stay in the oilfield service industry or make a career change?

The oil industry is full of uncertainty and requires me to live in places I would rather not (North Dakota/West Texas). Money can be very good. Should I stay in it for the long haul or take the leap into a different industry? Currently a general manager of a $25M/year oilfield service...

#careeradvice #energy #oilfield #business #careermove

Mermaid O.’s Avatar
Mermaid O. May 01 115 views

Should I take anatomy and physiology along with Pharmacology and Nutrition?

Hello there So in summer I term which starts 06/04/2020 and ends on 07/01/2020 I will plan to take anatomy and physiology level 2 which is 4 credits in 5 weeks. Now along with that class, I'm planning (or deciding) whether or not I should take pharmacology which is 3 credits. However, there...

#nurse #careeradvice #medicine #college #books #help #career #summer #summerterm #library #fashion #anatomy #nursing #courses #medical

Josseline C.’s Avatar
Josseline C. Aug 27, 2018 213 views

Is a contract linguist a good job option for someone who plans to obtain a degree in criminal justice,who likes to travel,learn different languages and work with computers?

I am interested in learning and mastering as many languages as I can . I also want to obtain a masters in criminal justice. My idea is to work with the FBI if possible, but I am not sure if the degree I want to obtain is beneficial for this profession....

#careeradvice

Ben S.’s Avatar
Ben S. Aug 13, 2018 202 views

Should I study data science at university?

I am a generalist who is good with numbers and words. I am not sure if I should pursue an economics and politics degree or do data science instead as it is more practical and there's a higher chance that I could get a job at the end of it. #careeradvice # #first-job...

#job-search

Chelsea R.’s Avatar
Chelsea R. Jun 29, 2018 262 views

Which college majors are best for people aspiring to become occupational therapists?

I'm looking into majors such as human development, neuroscience, psychology, and biology. Are there other majors I should consider? Thanks! #occupationaltherapy #ot #collegemajors #careeradvice #occupationaltherapist...

#humandevelopment

Chelsea R.’s Avatar
Chelsea R. Jun 29, 2018 194 views

What are the best ways to prepare for a career as an occupational therapist?

I'm interesting in seeing what OTs did to prepare for their careers. Observations? Internships? Research? Volunteering? #occupationaltherapy #careeradvice #ot...

#occupational-therapist

Oreoluwa A.’s Avatar
Oreoluwa A. May 25, 2018 325 views

How did you know that the career you chose was absolutely what you wanted to do for the rest of your life?

I am about to be a senior in high school and I know that, right now, I want to be a neurologist, but I am worried that once I start studying to become one, I will realize I do not like it, but by then it will be too late to change my mind. I just want to know how you discovered what career you...

#decions #careeradvice #medicalfield #choosingtherightfield #uncertainty