Career Questions tagged Energy

Holden R.’s Avatar
Holden R. May 26, 2020 393 views

Should I stay in the oilfield service industry or make a career change?

The oil industry is full of uncertainty and requires me to live in places I would rather not (North Dakota/West Texas). Money can be very good. Should I stay in it for the long haul or take the leap into a different industry? Currently a general manager of a $25M/year oilfield service...

careeradvice careermove business oilfield energy

Lanzheng L.’s Avatar
Lanzheng L. May 01, 2020 330 views

Where can I find energy related internship?

New graduated Master's student studying energy market, energy efficiency, and data analysis. Where can I find an internship related to what I studied? internship summer-jobs Energy Renewable Energy...

analyst

Leo L.’s Avatar
Leo L. Apr 21, 2020 261 views

Try to find a job after changing major from petroleum to finance

Hello, I have a degree in Geoscience (petroleum specializaton) and will take a finance master this year. Could you give me any advice on career path? I know that networking is very important in the business field but I find it not easy to build relationship. Could you provide any suggestion on...

business oil finance energy

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. Jan 22, 2019 336 views

How high is the risk in the work place for BIOFUELS PROCESSING TECHNICIANS

I do not mind if there is some or if its high but i need an idea before i can further decide if this is something i would want to do engineer biofuels engineering biofuels-technician biology chemistry...

energy

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. Jan 22, 2019 362 views

What should i know before i look more into BIOFUELS PROCESSING TECHNICIANS?

I am in Job Corps and i am looking for a path that will lead me to a career that i can be proud of and in a way give back to the community. electrical-engineering biofuels energy biofuels-technician biology...

chemistry

Dianne M.’s Avatar
Dianne M. May 12, 2016 4604 views

What careers in STEM will allow me to travel?

I'm an incoming college freshman pursuing a bachelor's in biotechnology and planning to enter the field of sustainable energy. While I am very comfortable with this plan, I would also like to travel the world, and travel often. Are there any careers in the STEM field that can open opportunities...

stem energy environmental-services environmental-science oil-and-energy sustainability

Sanjay A.’s Avatar
Sanjay A. Oct 11, 2017 623 views

Is chemistry heavily required for energy engineering?

I'm planning on taking up energy engineering after my year 12 and I was wondering if chemistry played a big role in energy engineering energy-engineering chemistry engineering...

energy

Tharles D.’s Avatar
Tharles D. Feb 20, 2017 1835 views

How do you see meritocracy inside a company?

I am searching for an interniship, but I am seeing that sometimes people get a job easier when there is someone inside the conpany that rely on them, that has been indicated by someone else. But is it a problem for meritrocacy? I say, a person that does not have someone inside the company to...

industrial-engineering energy-engineering management executive-office civil-engineering logistics supply-chain energy

Stephanie V.’s Avatar
Stephanie V. Oct 25, 2016 636 views

What kind of mechanical engineering jobs are there relating to energy?

I'm interesting in mechanical engineering and everything about energy. If there is specific jobs available for mechanical engineering, what are they? What does the job entail? mechanical-engineering renewable-energy energy...

solar-energy

Alejandra Q.’s Avatar
Alejandra Q. May 20, 2016 521 views

Can the particles of energy in food and water hold consciousness?

According to cell biology, you are what you eat. Does the vibration of energy in particles of food and water have an affect on the way my cells are composed? doctor nutrition cell-biology energy atoms...

consciousness

Keith.ruan .’s Avatar
Keith.ruan . Mar 01, 2013 3534 views

What are possible career options associated with a degree in Environmental Engineering?

So far I know that Environmental Engineering majors can become Energy engineers, Environmental scientists, and solar energy specialists. I would like to know more in depth descriptions of possible career paths that are associated with a degree in Environmental Engineering. I am particularly...

environmental-engineering environmental-science green engineering energy