Career Questions tagged Environmental Services

David R.’s Avatar
David R. May 12 138 views

What types of Colleges or Universities offer classes on Environmental science? (Or Environmental science research if possible)

Hey, I'm David. I am 16 years old and am looking for colleges or Universities that focus on research rather than hands on.environment environmental-science ecology environmental-services...

research

David R.’s Avatar
David R. May 12 129 views
celeste L.’s Avatar
celeste L. Jan 16, 2018 535 views

What does an enviormentalist exactly do? is it a wide range or a specific job?

Because I want to major in being an environmentalist and a lot of people ask me exactly what I will be doing and I really do not know how to answer that. I just want to major in helping the environment. environmental-services college environmental-science ecology biology environmentalism...

conservation

Dianne M.’s Avatar
Dianne M. May 12, 2016 4312 views

What careers in STEM will allow me to travel?

I'm an incoming college freshman pursuing a bachelor's in biotechnology and planning to enter the field of sustainable energy. While I am very comfortable with this plan, I would also like to travel the world, and travel often. Are there any careers in the STEM field that can open opportunities...

environmental-science oil-and-energy environmental-services stem sustainability energy

Mark D.’s Avatar
Mark D. Jan 19, 2018 422 views

How can I become a environmental/wildlife enforcement officer?

My ultimate goal is to become an environmental enforcement or wildlife enforcement officer for Environment and Climate Change Canada. I have so many questions about this position (what's the hiring process like? what is a typical day in the job? what is the pay? do I have to relocate to...

environment environmental-services environmental environmental-compliance law-enforcement

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 08, 2017 1316 views

How to get involved in politics as a high school student?

I'd like to get more involved in the political aspect of life, and particularly science advocacy. What are some things I can do as a student that might make a difference? politics advocacy science lobbying social-activism...

environmental-services

Lydia M.’s Avatar
Lydia M. May 18, 2016 614 views

What are some careers in the Environmental Design major?

I'm thinking about possibly studying Environmental Design. I love design and people told me it's a growing field. general environmental-services science...

design

Exelee B.’s Avatar
Exelee B. Oct 28, 2016 730 views

Would a degree in Agricultural Buisness Management apply to management jobs outside of Agriculture?

I wish to work within the agricultural community, but if that falls through during some portion of my life, I would like to know if I have other job options outside of the agricultural community for business management (with an agricultural business management degree). Would it be more...

agriculture management business environmental-services business-management

Madison D.’s Avatar
Madison D. May 18, 2016 600 views

What kind of career can I get with both a degree in Environmental studies and Geography?

I am looking into getting a degree in both Environmental studies and Geography, and I was wondering what types of jobs are out there for me. science career-counseling environmental environmental-services geography...

geotechnical-engineering

Mariel O.’s Avatar
Mariel O. May 05, 2016 600 views

Do I have to major in biology to be an ornithologist/zoologist?

I want to be a zoologist, specifically an ornithologist focused on research and conservation. However, I'm not particularly interested in what is going on inside the bird. I understand how that would be important to know, but I don't want my major (i.e. biology) to simply be focused on this....

zoology environmental-services career-counseling ecology career biology science

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 17, 2017 693 views

What steps can I take to raise money for a cause?

I am very passionate about certain environmental and wildlife conservation causes. I have a few in mind that I would really love to start a charity for, but how would I go about this? How do I raise money and put together a 'campaign'? Are there any legal things I should know about? college...

business conservation environmental-services marketing-and-advertising career-counseling environmentalism start-ups

Sedona R.’s Avatar
Sedona R. Oct 29, 2016 691 views

Which college provides the best programs for both science and teaching?

I am interested in both biology and education, so I was wondering which colleges or universities (preferably Northeast) have the best programs for these two careers. science teaching biology education ecology environmental-services evolutionary-biology...

biology-teacher

Sedona R.’s Avatar
Sedona R. Oct 29, 2016 726 views

For those interested in pursuing a career in ecology and evolutionary biology, what types of jobs are available that involve working in the field with real organisms?

I have always been very interested in biology and animals, so when I discovered the ecology and evolutionary biology major at most prestigious schools, I thought it would be perfect! However, I know that I am a very hands on learner who would prefer to be out in the environment as opposed to at...

environment environmental-services field-work biology evolutionary-biology animalscience ecology animals

Bailey A.’s Avatar
Bailey A. Oct 26, 2016 676 views

What is the best advice you have for someone going into the Environmental Science field?

I would like to major in environmental science, and love hearing input from professionals about the field. science environmental-science...

environmental-services

Alyssa C.’s Avatar
Alyssa C. Oct 25, 2016 814 views

How do you think the increasing environmental issues of the planet will impact the field of environmental science and studies?

I have been interested in studying the environment since my freshman year in high school when I took my first environmental biology class and wonder how the ever increasing issues that the environment today is facing will end up changing various parts of the study. For example, job...

environmental-science environmental-engineering environmental-services environmental

Myranda K.’s Avatar
Myranda K. Oct 18, 2016 734 views

Environmental Engineering

What sort of impact (direct or indirect) does environmental engineering have on more local environments? environmental-science environmental-engineering...

environmental-services

Jocelin G.’s Avatar
Jocelin G. Aug 24, 2016 964 views
Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Aug 03, 2016 733 views

What kind of opportunities are out there for individuals who want to combine biology with environmental science and the health sciences?

I'm looking into many different career paths and I'm trying to find the best one for me. These are the three subjects that I am interested in and I'm wondering if there is a way where I can combine all three subjects. biology health environmental...

environmental-services

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Jul 09, 2016 583 views

Besides the general biology major requirements and environmental science minor courses what kind of other classes would be helpful for this major and minor?

I am a rising sophomore in college who has declared a minor in environmental science and is considering a biology major or some similar major such as (i.e. microbiology, biochemistry). I need to take several elective courses as graduation requirements and I'm wondering what kind of elective...

environmental-services environmental

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Jul 07, 2016 5012 views

What is a recommended major to pair with an environmental science minor?

I am a rising sophomore in college who has declared an environmental science minor, however I am uncertain with regards to what major would best fit an environmental science minor. environmental...

environmental-services