Career Questions tagged Field Work

Nicole M.’s Avatar
Nicole M. Apr 17, 2018 121 views

How do I get my foot in the door for Mycology field reasearch?

My ultimate goal is to be a field researcher and work in a lab as well. I am looking to get my graduate in Mycology. I'd like to be ahead of the game, or at least have a goal in mind. Where do I start looking for these types of jobs? #mycology #job-search...

#field-work

Scenarious T.’s Avatar
Scenarious T. Jan 23, 2018 230 views

What is it like being active in the field of Sociology?

I am a sociology major and love the knowledge that I learn on a daily basis. However, sometimes it is hard to picture myself working in the field. What are some real world applications of this career path? #sociology #career-counseling #career-development #social-work...

#field-work

Ilana N.’s Avatar
Ilana N. May 20, 2016 590 views

The most exciting part of research to me is going out in the field and working with animals and in the environment, but I'm concerned that in my career I'll get stuck analyzing data and not doing field work. Any advice?

I'm going into Ecology & Environmental Biology and I love working with animals on the field and studying animal cognition in the wild or at a sanctuary. However, it seems to me that professionals in biology often spend their time analyzing data in the lab or writing grants, which I would...

#higher-education #research #ecology #animal-work #field-work #researcher #biology #ecologist

Sarah M.’s Avatar
Sarah M. Apr 13, 2017 526 views

What internships did you take that you would suggest to undergrad students?

I always think that hearing about a program from someone else makes it better. I want to know if anyone really learned a lot from a program that I could potentially apply to! My interests are really broad though I love languages and biology! Thanks! #science #biology #language #field-work...

#primatology

Sedona R.’s Avatar
Sedona R. Oct 29, 2016 564 views

For those interested in pursuing a career in ecology and evolutionary biology, what types of jobs are available that involve working in the field with real organisms?

I have always been very interested in biology and animals, so when I discovered the ecology and evolutionary biology major at most prestigious schools, I thought it would be perfect! However, I know that I am a very hands on learner who would prefer to be out in the environment as opposed to at...

#evolutionary-biology #ecology #animalscience #animals #field-work #environmental-services #biology #environment

tia F.’s Avatar
tia F. May 13, 2016 353 views

I plan to start a career forensic chemistry, what types of jobs will I be doing after I graduate.

I would like to know what I will be expecting after Graduation #laboratory...

#field-work

Cristian  M.’s Avatar
Cristian M. Jan 26, 2015 1185 views

How do you become a buisness man?

Just in general how do you become a business man? where do you get the money to start your business? Where do you find a job that has to do with what you like to do? #management #entrepreneurship #manager #buisness #field-work...

#owner