Sarah M.

What internships did you take that you would suggest to undergrad students?

I always think that hearing about a program from someone else makes it better. I want to know if anyone really learned a lot from a program that I could potentially apply to!

My interests are really broad though I love languages and biology!

Thanks! #science #biology #language #field-work #primatology

I did my education in India before moving to Austin.

I did 4 internships in 4 different type of organisations - 1 was a new startup that needed a graphic designer and were glad to have me as an intern, another was a 5-10 yr old small size firm that exposed me to actually working in an electrical appliances factory, the 3rd was a multinational firm where i was part of electrical design team for buildings (datacenters, hotels, etc) adn the 4th was an internship in an accounting function of a fortune 500 company.

Each taught me something new. Diversify your interets, team sizes, company sizes, experiences. Internship essentially means that you get to try. Go ahead and do exactly that. Try new experiences.

Last updated May 04 '17 at 11:48

Focus on interning at a place that provides you experience in your career choice. Also find an intern in companies you are interested in working in after graduation.

Last updated Apr 13 '17 at 20:54

More from

Schools Add a school