Career Questions tagged Animal Work

jenna W.’s Avatar
jenna W. Jan 10, 2018 220 views

what are the pros and cons of having a career in animal sciences?

I'm just wondering if animal sciences is a good field to get into when I go to college and pursue a career in after college and to see what I would enjoy (and dislike) about working in the animal sciences field. #animal-science #veterinary #zoology #animal-behavior #animals #animal-work...

#animal-health #animal-welfare

Ilana N.’s Avatar
Ilana N. May 20, 2016 564 views

The most exciting part of research to me is going out in the field and working with animals and in the environment, but I'm concerned that in my career I'll get stuck analyzing data and not doing field work. Any advice?

I'm going into Ecology & Environmental Biology and I love working with animals on the field and studying animal cognition in the wild or at a sanctuary. However, it seems to me that professionals in biology often spend their time analyzing data in the lab or writing grants, which I would...

#ecologist #higher-education #research #ecology #animal-work #biology #field-work #researcher

Justin  G.’s Avatar
Justin G. Oct 19, 2016 378 views

How long after graduating from college did it take to find a job in the veterinary medicine field, and did u have to do anything life changing to accept this position?

my future plans includes attending college and obtaining a veterinarian license, but after all this time working toward my goal I would like to know how long I will be searching for my dream job, and if anyone has had anything life changing such as moving away or something that uprooted your...

#veterinary #veterinary-medicine #animal-health #animal-welfare #animals #animal-work

Ilana N.’s Avatar
Ilana N. May 20, 2016 453 views

Do I need to get a PhD to do field research in the field of Environmental Biology or Animal Cognition?

I'm going into Ecology & Environmental Biology, and I'm wondering how much schooling I will have to do to do the work I want to, which right now resembles that of Jane Goodall. #biology #environmental #wildlife-biology #ecology...

#animal-work

Lisa G.’s Avatar
Lisa G. May 18, 2016 487 views

How do I find better opportunities to work with animals?

My name is Lisa, I always wanted to work with animals in some form maybe not as a veterinarian, but taking care of animals in danger or to help house pets find homes. I only know about shelters but not exactly where or what I need to be able to continue on the path to stay involve with them. Im...

#veterinarian #animal-health #animal-work #animals

Irene R.’s Avatar
Irene R. May 10, 2016 500 views

If you want to be a veterinarian tech, do yuo have to take the TEAS V?

I'm looking into this career and want to know if I need to take this. #veterinarian #animal-health #veterinary-technician #animal-work...

#animal

Irene R.’s Avatar
Irene R. May 10, 2016 797 views

How long does it take to become a veterinarian technician?

I love animals and I want to be able to work with them. #animal-health #veterinary-technician #animal-work...

#animal

Hayley  S.’s Avatar
Hayley S. Jan 28, 2016 622 views

how much does a vet make a year?

I would love to be a vet! I love animals but, I want to know it this is a good paying job. #veterinary-medicine...

#animal-work

Dylan D.’s Avatar
Dylan D. Dec 11, 2014 1202 views

What college classes are tailored to/recommended for a career in zoology or wildlife biology

Throughout my academic life I have always taken an interest in the sciences and the study of the natural world. For my junior year in high school I have enrolled in advanced placement environmental science, but the animal world has always captured my attention and I am curious what curriculum I...

#earth-science #biology #animal-work #zoology