Career Questions tagged Environmental

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15 127 views

Environmentalists: What do you wish you knew before starting out at your job?

I am planning on majoring in an environmental field in college and I was wondering if you could let me know what you wished you knew before starting your career. Is there anything you would change about your education or your experiences before pursuing your career? #science #college #career...

#environmental

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15 163 views

What are the possible careers one can pursue after majoring in environmental studies?

I am interested in studying environmental studies and dance in college and was wondering what careers others have pursued after earning a degree in environmental studies. How were you offered a job opportunity? What kind of resources were available to you during college that helped you prepare...

#environmentalstudies #environmental #science #college

Carly D.’s Avatar
Carly D. Apr 15 240 views

How do I decide on what I want to do for the rest of my life?

I have a wide variety of careers which I am thinking about including #criminal-justice #environmental #parks-and-recreation and #education but I am unsure about what the pros and cons are for each career. I am entering #college as an #undecided major and hope to discover new careers and narrow...

#career-choice

Jemila C.’s Avatar
Jemila C. Oct 24, 2019 144 views
Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 884 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

#sociology #data #planning #civil #administration #major #engineering #health #product #financial #business #stem #biostatistics #public-health #environmental #analyst #undeclared #public #policy #science #entrepreneurship #network #design

Rayann G.’s Avatar
Rayann G. May 28, 2019 152 views

What is it like going into the Environmental field in terms of workload and tasks?

The environmental field is one of the many things i like but ive been told the job isnt what it seems along with there being job opportunities at all....

#environmental

Matthew D.’s Avatar
Matthew D. Jul 07, 2018 262 views

How do you handle a conflict with a co-worker who has more seniority but is less skilled/less able than you?

There have been times in the workplace where a conflict erupts when I give a suggestion for how a job should be done because I have more experience than a co-worker. But the co-worker snaps back and says he/she has been at the company longer so I have no place to vice my opinion. It's a sticky...

#construction #environmental

Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. May 25, 2018 342 views
Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 399 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#phd #career-path #career-plan #environmental #environment #career-paths #mastersdegree #career-planning #masters-degree #environmental-science

Autumn P.’s Avatar
Autumn P. Jan 21, 2018 366 views

Can I change the world if I have a degree?

I want to change the world, make it a better place....

#environmental

Mark D.’s Avatar
Mark D. Jan 19, 2018 309 views

How can I become a environmental/wildlife enforcement officer?

My ultimate goal is to become an environmental enforcement or wildlife enforcement officer for Environment and Climate Change Canada. I have so many questions about this position (what's the hiring process like? what is a typical day in the job? what is the pay? do I have to relocate to...

#environmental-services #law-enforcement #environment #environmental-compliance #environmental

Cheysen C.’s Avatar
Cheysen C. Jan 16, 2018 251 views

Is it possible to be an interdisciplinary engineer/scientist?

Iʻm currently interested in both the medical and environmental field and Iʻm wondering if thereʻs a way where I can combine these two fields into a career. #medicine #environmental...

#engineering

Sahira S.’s Avatar
Sahira S. Feb 16, 2015 2244 views

I'm unsure about my future career path

I'm about to enter college or pre uni. All this while, I have been interested in architecture and science-related fields. But lately, many people (even my parents) started telling me to open my options for other careers and courses, because not many universities offer Architecture, and I heard...

#counselor #career-path #undecided #engineering #architectural #sustainable-consumerism #environmental

Rebecca S.’s Avatar
Rebecca S. Oct 18, 2016 1419 views

How much of physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics are used in environmental engineering (each)? Is the field generally enjoyable for someone with a love of physics and math? Do environmental engineers spend much of their time at their work outside?

As a devoted environmentalist and vegetarian, I believe improving the environment is absolutely my purpose in math. As I have a passion for physics and mathematics (particularly calculus), engineering seems to be my best fit for my science expertise. However, I am undecided on whether simply...

#physics #mechanical-engineering #environmental #undecided #science #engineering #math #mathematics

Hayden S.’s Avatar
Hayden S. May 27, 2016 532 views

How is the field of Environmental Conservation looking?

I just want to be sure that my future job field has either a decent turnover rate or a large enough demand for jobs so that I can go straight to work after I get my degree. #career #money #career-path #salary #environmental #job-market #wildlife...

#financial-planning

Madison D.’s Avatar
Madison D. May 18, 2016 512 views

What kind of career can I get with both a degree in Environmental studies and Geography?

I am looking into getting a degree in both Environmental studies and Geography, and I was wondering what types of jobs are out there for me. #science #career-counseling #environmental #environmental-services #geography...

#geotechnical-engineering

Alyssa C.’s Avatar
Alyssa C. Oct 25, 2016 692 views

How do you think the increasing environmental issues of the planet will impact the field of environmental science and studies?

I have been interested in studying the environment since my freshman year in high school when I took my first environmental biology class and wonder how the ever increasing issues that the environment today is facing will end up changing various parts of the study. For example, job...

#environmental-services #environmental-science #environmental #environmental-engineering

Emma J.’s Avatar
Emma J. Oct 23, 2016 463 views

What are some effective and progressive jobs in the environmental sustainability field?

My major is in environmental science. I am striving to really change the world as much as I possibly can in this field, making huge changes toward environmental sustainability and creating more positive effects on humankind's ecological footprint. Thanks so much! #environmental-science...

#make-a-change #sustainability #environmental #environment #ecological #earth

Jasmin R.’s Avatar
Jasmin R. Oct 19, 2016 376 views

What steps steps should an environmental engineer take to be able to improve environmental problems as much as possible?

As an aspiring environmental engineer who cares greatly about the earth and conservation, I would like to know the most suitable path I should take in the college and work force to make the greatest difference as I can. #business #engineering #management #environmental...

#and

Ava S.’s Avatar
Ava S. Aug 24, 2016 705 views

Industrial Design and Environmental Science, can I blend them in my studies and make it a career?

I have just recently started to think about college because I'm in my junior year of high school right now, and i have really taken an interest in environmental science. And what I really hope is that once I get out of college I can make a career out of what I have learned and I am not super...

#college-major #environmental #science #college #engineering #design #industrial

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Aug 03, 2016 648 views

What kind of opportunities are out there for individuals who want to combine biology with environmental science and the health sciences?

I'm looking into many different career paths and I'm trying to find the best one for me. These are the three subjects that I am interested in and I'm wondering if there is a way where I can combine all three subjects. #biology #health #environmental...

#environmental-services

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Jul 17, 2016 536 views

Where is a good place to go for a study abroad for a biology or related major and an environmental science minor?

I'm an undergrad student who is interested in biology and environmental science and also wants to study abroad sometime during her undergraduate career. I'm looking for some good areas around the world to study these topics for a semester or whole year. #study-abroad...

#environmental

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Jul 09, 2016 496 views

Besides the general biology major requirements and environmental science minor courses what kind of other classes would be helpful for this major and minor?

I am a rising sophomore in college who has declared a minor in environmental science and is considering a biology major or some similar major such as (i.e. microbiology, biochemistry). I need to take several elective courses as graduation requirements and I'm wondering what kind of elective...

#environmental-services #environmental