Career Questions tagged Environmental

Aisha Z.’s Avatar
Aisha Z. Jun 19, 2021 160 views

What does a regular day for an environmental engineer look like?

I am interested in environmental sciences/studies. I was looking at environmental engineer because I thought that would be interesting but I am not sure if that is really for me. What is it like to be an environmental engineer? engineer environmental-engineering environmental-science...

environmental

Rafael A.’s Avatar
Rafael A. Jun 10, 2021 150 views

What can I do to educate the world on the necessity of wildlife?

I’m a college student on a path to become a specialist with exotic animals to be able to educate the world on the necessity of wildlife conservation. These animals are the epitome of natural beauty and the are in need of protection from poachers and the risk of extinction. environmental...

environmental-science biology

Sheffield D.’s Avatar
Sheffield D. Jun 08, 2021 186 views

What does is the day in the life of an environmental scientist look like?

I am a high school student who is interested in majoring in environmental science and minoring in oceanography. environmental-science science...

environmental

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15, 2020 287 views

Environmentalists: What do you wish you knew before starting out at your job?

I am planning on majoring in an environmental field in college and I was wondering if you could let me know what you wished you knew before starting your career. Is there anything you would change about your education or your experiences before pursuing your career? science college career...

environmental

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15, 2020 299 views

What are the possible careers one can pursue after majoring in environmental studies?

I am interested in studying environmental studies and dance in college and was wondering what careers others have pursued after earning a degree in environmental studies. How were you offered a job opportunity? What kind of resources were available to you during college that helped you prepare...

college environmental science environmentalstudies

Carly D.’s Avatar
Carly D. Apr 15, 2020 418 views

How do I decide on what I want to do for the rest of my life?

I have a wide variety of careers which I am thinking about including criminal-justice environmental parks-and-recreation and education but I am unsure about what the pros and cons are for each career. I am entering college as an undecided major and hope to discover new careers and narrow...

career-choice

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1588 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

engineering analyst civil environmental public entrepreneurship design product biostatistics science data major administration network stem undeclared planning health business sociology public-health policy financial

Rayann G.’s Avatar
Rayann G. May 28, 2019 261 views

What is it like going into the Environmental field in terms of workload and tasks?

The environmental field is one of the many things i like but ive been told the job isnt what it seems along with there being job opportunities at all....

environmental

Matthew D.’s Avatar
Matthew D. Jul 07, 2018 363 views

How do you handle a conflict with a co-worker who has more seniority but is less skilled/less able than you?

There have been times in the workplace where a conflict erupts when I give a suggestion for how a job should be done because I have more experience than a co-worker. But the co-worker snaps back and says he/she has been at the company longer so I have no place to vice my opinion. It's a sticky...

environmental construction

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 594 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? engineering environmental-engineering money debt degrees bachelors-degree bachelorsdegree...

phd career-path career-paths career-plan environmental-science environmental career-planning masters-degree mastersdegree environment

Autumn P.’s Avatar
Autumn P. Jan 21, 2018 468 views

Can I change the world if I have a degree?

I want to change the world, make it a better place....

environmental

Mark D.’s Avatar
Mark D. Jan 19, 2018 455 views

How can I become a environmental/wildlife enforcement officer?

My ultimate goal is to become an environmental enforcement or wildlife enforcement officer for Environment and Climate Change Canada. I have so many questions about this position (what's the hiring process like? what is a typical day in the job? what is the pay? do I have to relocate to...

environmental-compliance environmental-services environmental environment law-enforcement

Cheysen C.’s Avatar
Cheysen C. Jan 16, 2018 342 views

Is it possible to be an interdisciplinary engineer/scientist?

Iʻm currently interested in both the medical and environmental field and Iʻm wondering if thereʻs a way where I can combine these two fields into a career. medicine environmental...

engineering

Sahira S.’s Avatar
Sahira S. Feb 16, 2015 2484 views

I'm unsure about my future career path

I'm about to enter college or pre uni. All this while, I have been interested in architecture and science-related fields. But lately, many people (even my parents) started telling me to open my options for other careers and courses, because not many universities offer Architecture, and I heard...

career-path engineering undecided sustainable-consumerism environmental counselor architectural

Rebecca S.’s Avatar
Rebecca S. Oct 18, 2016 1895 views

How much of physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics are used in environmental engineering (each)? Is the field generally enjoyable for someone with a love of physics and math? Do environmental engineers spend much of their time at their work outside?

As a devoted environmentalist and vegetarian, I believe improving the environment is absolutely my purpose in math. As I have a passion for physics and mathematics (particularly calculus), engineering seems to be my best fit for my science expertise. However, I am undecided on whether simply...

mechanical-engineering engineering mathematics math environmental undecided science physics

Hayden S.’s Avatar
Hayden S. May 27, 2016 652 views

How is the field of Environmental Conservation looking?

I just want to be sure that my future job field has either a decent turnover rate or a large enough demand for jobs so that I can go straight to work after I get my degree. career money career-path salary environmental job-market wildlife...

financial-planning

Madison D.’s Avatar
Madison D. May 18, 2016 626 views

What kind of career can I get with both a degree in Environmental studies and Geography?

I am looking into getting a degree in both Environmental studies and Geography, and I was wondering what types of jobs are out there for me. science career-counseling environmental environmental-services geography...

geotechnical-engineering

Alyssa C.’s Avatar
Alyssa C. Oct 25, 2016 848 views

How do you think the increasing environmental issues of the planet will impact the field of environmental science and studies?

I have been interested in studying the environment since my freshman year in high school when I took my first environmental biology class and wonder how the ever increasing issues that the environment today is facing will end up changing various parts of the study. For example, job...

environmental-science environmental environmental-engineering environmental-services

Emma J.’s Avatar
Emma J. Oct 23, 2016 610 views

What are some effective and progressive jobs in the environmental sustainability field?

My major is in environmental science. I am striving to really change the world as much as I possibly can in this field, making huge changes toward environmental sustainability and creating more positive effects on humankind's ecological footprint. Thanks so much! environmental-science...

ecological make-a-change environmental earth sustainability environment

Jasmin R.’s Avatar
Jasmin R. Oct 19, 2016 448 views

What steps steps should an environmental engineer take to be able to improve environmental problems as much as possible?

As an aspiring environmental engineer who cares greatly about the earth and conservation, I would like to know the most suitable path I should take in the college and work force to make the greatest difference as I can. business engineering management environmental...

and

Ava S.’s Avatar
Ava S. Aug 24, 2016 872 views

Industrial Design and Environmental Science, can I blend them in my studies and make it a career?

I have just recently started to think about college because I'm in my junior year of high school right now, and i have really taken an interest in environmental science. And what I really hope is that once I get out of college I can make a career out of what I have learned and I am not super...

engineering science industrial college environmental college-major design