Career Questions tagged Professionals

jessica P.’s Avatar
jessica P. Sep 11 101 views

FOB-How do i get better at communicating and presenting in business setting?

Hi I'm new in America and wonder how I can get better at leading discussions and presenting in meetings. I'm somewhat good in English but not as proficient as natives in storytelling. I'm afraid I already feel English has been a bottleneck in my internships. I don't want to be perceived as...

#professionals #english

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Aug 08 173 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

#algorithm #influencer #recruiters #linkedin #professionals #hr #consulting #technology #strategy #careeradvice #contentcreator #writer #career

Elif K.’s Avatar
Elif K. Jul 18 66 views

How did you know that you wanted to study your current profession?

I think I want to be a veterinarian but I'm not sure because it's a really big decision and I have a broad range of interests so I'm seeking advice on how to know if a profession is for me. I've volunteered at my local shelter but because of the current situation I have not been able to further...

#professionals #veterinarian

Sarina W.’s Avatar
Sarina W. Aug 07, 2018 290 views

What's a good major to pursue if you have an AA degree in Health Sciences General Studies and you enjoy subjects involving English/Writing?

By 18, if I work hard enough, I should have an AA degree in Health Sciences General Studies, though now I'm wondering if I still want to pursue a career focused entirely on health. I've always struggled with math, which as I've found is quite involved in this field, making me reconsider my...

#linguistics #liberalarts #general #professionals #healthcareer #creativewriting #opentoideas #journalism #health #communications #english #writing #debating #professors #career

Shay A.’s Avatar
Shay A. Jan 16, 2018 392 views

What are some things to keep in mind during the interviewing process?

Is there any pointers for freshly graduated students to stand out during their interview? Is there a method to prepare for the interview questions and what kind of question will the interviewer ask? #teaching #professionals #education...

#interview

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. Jan 12, 2018 216 views

How can one become a professional tutor?

I have done a lot of tutoring in my spare time, but I am considering to make it a career choice. How can one make tutoring a stable, professional job? Are there any certifications required? #education #teaching #tutoring...

#professionals

Jessica R.’s Avatar
Jessica R. May 18, 2016 430 views

What is the best way to explore different options to find out what kind of nursing career I would be best suited for?

There are so many different nursing career options. I am taking Allied Health this year and have been able to look at different departments in a hospital setting. I know there are many more options out there for nurses. I still have no idea what kind of nursing career I want to have. This is...

#nursing #professionals #medicine #students #hospital-and-health-care

Alista E.’s Avatar
Alista E. May 18, 2016 556 views

What are some classes I should take in undergraduate college to be a pediatrician?

I would love to be a pediatrician. [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #medicine #medicine-school #students #professors #professionals #doctors #graduates...

#nurses

Igbayima B.’s Avatar
Igbayima B. Feb 17, 2017 460 views

Am Benjamin from Nigeria,i want to study journalism after my secondary school.what are the procedures i need to follow to become a professional journalist?

Am Benjamin,i want to study journalism after my secondary school,and i don't have someone to guide me.that is why i come here to come and get some knowledge about journalism. #journalism #professionals...

#journalists

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Oct 29, 2016 598 views

Being a woman in STEM, what is expected of your work life to be like as a civil engineer?

I have constantly been told that there are more men in the STEM field than women, and as a woman, it would be more difficult to communicate with my coworkers compared to being able to communicate with them if I was a man. I was told that I would be surrounded by other men who would not take me...

#women-in-stem #women-in-engineering #civil-engineering #professionals #structural-engineering

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Oct 29, 2016 458 views

What is typically expected in a work day for someone that is a civil engineer specializing in structural engineering?

Growing up, I have always been told that as a civil engineer, you either draw bridges or perform math calculations to make sure the bridges are able to successfully stand. However, what is it REALLY like in a typical work day? Do you work on indoors computers? Do you work outdoors at...

#civil-engineering #professionals #engineering

Daniel D.’s Avatar
Daniel D. May 25, 2016 428 views

Should I take college courses as a sophomore in school or wait for my senior year?

I have this ambitions of taking AP classes in my sophomore year for college. I do want to get an early college courses done in high school which will give me a broader knowledge for college. #educator #experience...

#professionals

Amy L.’s Avatar
Amy L. May 21, 2016 456 views

If I want to become a Pediatrician, how do I know what major I am supposed to take?

I want to become a pediatrician, but I don't know the right path to take #doctor #health #pediatrician...

#professionals

Abirami V.’s Avatar
Abirami V. May 14, 2016 476 views

how could i attract people to join jobs

i am a student recently i had joined a job. i want many peoples to join so how could i approach them.if they joined they could earn 20,000 per week. #educators...

#professionals

DION S.’s Avatar
DION S. Jan 11, 2016 871 views
DION S.’s Avatar
DION S. Jan 11, 2016 660 views

What type of jobs are available for Communication Arts major?

I think CA is very interesting thing to study and I want to know more about what future jobs it could give one person. #professors...

#professionals

Dylan F.’s Avatar
Dylan F. Oct 27, 2015 566 views

How much money do you make and how do you make that money.

The reason im asking is becouse I love minecraft and I want to make minecraft videos....

#professionals

Ralph C.’s Avatar
Ralph C. Oct 22, 2015 737 views

What it like to be a engineer and what do i need to take to be a engineer?

I'm 12 years old I want to know what's It like to be a engineer if you need a lot math to know and if its hard and if the salary is good and how much hours I need to take and what type of degree or how much years of college I need to take and what do I do in the engineer to I build things...

#professionals #skilled #engineering

Lostaboutlife L.’s Avatar
Lostaboutlife L. Jan 13, 2015 1885 views

I don't know what I want to major in College

Well I first started college and had many ups and downs. I met a teacher who was a Child Development teacher and she was the best professor I ever had. I decided to major in Child Development. After that I worked with children from babies to High Schoolers. I figured out I don't have the...

#oral-communication #professionals #graphics #college