Career Questions tagged Programming

The coding, application, and programs that make computers work. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, network architects, to name a few. Please read below for more information.

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Sep 27 90 views

Computer Science Career Question Assignment?

What AP's or subjects should I focus on, or be advanced in to be a software engineer.

Marvin’s Avatar
Marvin Sep 27 44 views

What steps do I need to take if I want to become a computer science major?

I'm in the 11th grade and I'm taking a few programming classes. What more should I be doing if I want to become a cs major?

Henry’s Avatar
Henry Sep 27 38 views

Whats the best way to use python or any programming language ?

This is for my computer class and even though this is for my class I want this question to be answered

Jiaming’s Avatar
Jiaming Sep 27 44 views

Do a lot of jobs require coding skills?

I have no ideas about my future job. I want some suggestion from other people.

Johnathan’s Avatar
Johnathan Sep 27 57 views

What is the best way to learn C++ coding?

like resources for learning it and whatnot

Dante’s Avatar
Dante Sep 16 102 views

How to make a website?

I want to learn to make websites to make websites for businesses and new companies.

Shaina’s Avatar
Shaina Sep 11 129 views

How do absorb or learn technical functions in programming languages?

I am an IT student. Having a hard time memorizing the functions in Python and figuring out what the "problem" needs. Like I know what is the flow of the "program" but I have no idea what functions or specific commands to use.

Almaz’s Avatar
Almaz Aug 23 139 views

What/where do I learn in coding/programming before I go to college?

If I am going to learn more about coding in college what should I do beforehand to prepare?

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 142 views

What additional training/certifications/classes should I take to further my career in Cyber Security

Hi my name is Daniel I am a current cyber security prospect, I am looking to build myself, as well as my portfolio in the field and would appreciate any information or tips for a strong lucrative start.

Thank you for your time.

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 117 views

Does working in Cyber Security give you more or less time for your life

Hello my name is Daniel I am a current Cyber Security prospect and would like to know if and how working in Cyber Security has affected your time work-wise and socially. (e.g: work hours/free time)

Any information helps, Thank you for your time.

Jack’s Avatar
Jack Jul 21 240 views

Does taking IT help immensely in a Programming Job in the future?

Does Informational Technology (Linux) help at all with Programming (Python)? I've enrolled in an IT 101 course, and I'm getting second thoughts on whether or not I've been tricked into an advertisement or I'm gaining purposeful knowledge.

Rose’s Avatar
Rose Jul 11 181 views

How do I gain the skillset to work as a cloud and digital consultant for organizations today?

How do I gain just enough experience through exposure to a wide range of cloud and technological services and skills, without being too shallow in my understanding of or competence in all the respective fields of expertise to keep up with market trends. Do you recommend depth over breadth or...

Donovan’s Avatar
Donovan Jul 04 277 views

How should I go about connecting with people in my field?

Hello, I am a student enrolled in Cascades Job Corps, studying a trade in IT. I plan on going into the software-dev field, and I'm looking for advice on how to connect with others that have been through similar career paths. Thank you!

Kang’s Avatar
Kang Jun 21 288 views

As an incoming college freshman planning to work in tech industry, what should I do over the next few years to prepare?

Ex: types of skills to learn, types of internships to get, people to reach out and connect

Anel’s Avatar
Anel Jun 12 169 views

How to choose right company to job shadow

I want to use my Gap year to volunteer/job shadow at a tech business before going to college. How do I know I chose the right one to shadow.

Dartavious’s Avatar
Dartavious May 31 207 views

What Does Microsoft Specialize In?

What is this company known for,what does this company specialize in such as video games,computer engineering,technology information etc.

Jack’s Avatar
Jack May 22 316 views

Computer Science/Programming Languages

Do you think that it's worth going to college to get a Computer Science Major/Programming Experience? I heard that coding boot camps do the same, but for less than the tuition that colleges charge you. What are your opinions on learning programming/computer science on websites like this...

Nijuel’s Avatar
Nijuel May 09 209 views

how much does it cost to buy an entire apt building

i want to to get into realist in new yoyk city

David Jolly’s Avatar
David Jolly May 09 141 views

What can I do to develop technology for health in Africa?

I am currently a final-year medical student in Uganda. I have learned data analysis with R, moving on to learn machine learning. I am also learning python. I am interested in working majorly on AI for health

So24fia’s Avatar
So24fia May 06 256 views

Programming languages

Hello!

I am a college student majoring in computer science. I have realised that not everything is taught in a classroom, therefore I don't know which language should I pick up next. I studied C, Java, SQL, HTML. I am currently learning CSS, but what should be next?
Thank you!

Wyatt’s Avatar
Wyatt May 06 220 views

What is the best interactive platform to learn the fundamentals of the C# language?

I'm looking into coding my own game, what do you recommend or what did you use when first learning how to code C#?

Colton’s Avatar
Colton May 05 241 views

What degrees can you get that get you a job programming?

I see that the main thing you need to get hired as a computer programmer is a bachelors degree of some sort. I've seen that the main one you want is a degree in computer and information technology but what other degrees can apply?

Ethan’s Avatar
Ethan May 05 250 views

What inspired you to be a programmer?

We are discussing careers in class and I am interested in programming.

Colton’s Avatar
Colton May 05 251 views

Is it easier to program for mobile or pc applications?

So many people today use their phones for everything and so many programs exist on the multiple app stores. Is it easier to program for the app store or for for windows applications?

Ethan’s Avatar
Ethan May 05 159 views

What is the hardest part about being a programmer?

In class we are discussing career opportunities and are trying to find information on different careers.

Ethan’s Avatar
Ethan May 05 163 views

What is your favorite computer language, and why?

Ethan’s Avatar
Ethan May 05 187 views

How did you get started coding?

kendalle’s Avatar
kendalle May 04 337 views

In computer programming, what should I focus on most?

It would be helpful if there was something significant to focus on if I were to start computer programming.

mario’s Avatar
mario May 03 270 views

When stuck on a topic of coding is it better to try and fail or watch someone just get it right?

I'm asking this question because sometimes when I watch a tutorial about learning a certain way of doing something while I know its the right way sometimes I still fail to understand it

Christopher’s Avatar
Christopher May 03 239 views

Is it okay to get into any computer field with little to no knowledge on the subject?

Computers have always been of interest to me on many different levels, both in hardware and software. Still, I have never been in a position to expand my personal skills and knowledge of computers. To be able to create the things I have always dreamed of, I would like to program or even code in...