Career Questions tagged Programming

The coding, application, and programs that make computers work. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, network architects, to name a few. Please read below for more information.

Mike F.’s Avatar
Mike F. Mar 04 96 views

Is there any particular way that code should be formatted?

I look at my code sometimes and see that I do things pretty messily, and although I leave notes sometimes I look at the lines I have and dislike the way that they're arranged. Is there a specific way that code "should" be made to look like or is it okay just to leave notes if it works...

#tech #computer-science #programming

Phiseth S.’s Avatar
Phiseth S. Feb 24 132 views

In game development what is the development process like?

Im a Junior in highschool and find video games and their creation really interesting since a young age and want to know more about the things that you have to do in the creation of those games. What do you on the daily? What are factors that can make your job easier or harder? How hard is the...

#games #game-industry #programming #video-games #art

Elise J.’s Avatar
Elise J. Feb 25 93 views

What do I use to edit my videos?/How do I learn to edit better?

I am 11 so I am not the best at video editing and I have no idea what to use. Btw I will be on a laptop/monitor. #software #programming...

#editing

Mattia Alessandro C.’s Avatar
Mattia Alessandro C. Feb 06 128 views

How high should my C/C++ skills to be add into a resume

I'm learning how to code in C and C++ in high school, we are doing arrays, funcionts and so on. But we haven't done any object programming. Is ti a valuable skill that i can include in my Resume ? #high-school #coding...

#programming

Andrew T.’s Avatar
Andrew T. Dec 01, 2020 507 views

Being successful at a big company

Hello! I will be starting a new software engineering position at a very big company. What are some ways that I can be successful in communicating with others on my team and what are some things to avoid doing? #programming #technology...

#cs

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Nov 18, 2020 223 views

Any electrical engineers working in tech, such as software engr, big data, cybersecurity?

Hello, I am a junior studying electrical engineering. I am interested to learn from engineers who went into tech. what was your main reason? was it difficult to get into, and the prep you had to do? Finally, how do you cope with staring at code for a long period of time? #givingiscaring #tech...

#electrical #computer #programming #career #engineer

Adam R.’s Avatar
Adam R. Oct 26, 2020 169 views

how many types of machines do they use?

#programming I am a young adult in a program learning about custodial...

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Sep 17, 2020 385 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

#classes #major #general #coding #python #scripting #technology #python3 #it #informationtechnology #college #programming #school #professor #career

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 29, 2020 605 views

How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated? (Insights from all industries are welcome! )

Hello everyone! Tech industry is ever changing, new tools/frameworks keep popping up. For example, using React hooks in the React App has been gaining popularity since its release. Another example is the new features of JavaScript (ES6/7/8/9 /10......) Questions: 1. Given the...

#coding #personaldevelopment #psychology #technology #reactdeveloper #motivated #selflearning #education #programming #webdevelopment #lifelonglearner #career #learning

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 22, 2020 292 views

What's the one thing you would do differently if you could travel back in time to where you started your career / coding journey?

As a self-taught web developer, at some point during my coding journey, I got distracted and switched to a different language just out of curiosity. (switch from JavaScript to Python). Three months later, I realized that Python or Data science isn't really my thing. (I definitely see the...

#coding #professional #javascript #technology #education #programming #careerguidance #careerchoices #python #business #careeradvice #webdevelopment #focus #timetravel #career #learning

Beatriz L.’s Avatar
Beatriz L. Jun 20, 2020 341 views

Do you need math to be an effective programmer?

I'm curious about the possibility of being a programmer. However, I'm not good with logic or math and haven't understood Python based on some free classes I've seen of it. #math #computer...

#programming

Belayneh T.’s Avatar
Belayneh T. Jun 15, 2020 323 views

what is the best programming language for drawing 3-D pictures?

I wanna design 3-D artifact with simple programming languages #programming #design #game-design...

#computer

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 12, 2020 706 views

How should someone with no programming or coding background and knowledge start programming and coding?

Are there certain websites for learning? What subjects should I start with? Which languages are the most beginner friendly? #programming #coding #technology...

#computer-science

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16, 2020 314 views

I'm really interested in understanding human behavior and solving problems, but I don't have extensive tech experience. Could a career in AI be right for me?

Hi! I'm a high school student trying to figure out possible career paths I would be suited for. I've always been interested in language, neuropsychology; finding a way to integrate that with upcoming tech sounds fascinating. #technology #ai #artificialintelligence #behavior #computerscience...

#machinelearning #tech #solutions #programming

Aleena M.’s Avatar
Aleena M. May 13, 2020 297 views
Sneha S.’s Avatar
Sneha S. May 10, 2020 406 views

Hi. I would like to know what are the technologies/languages I should learn to become a full stack developer?

I am a software engineering student with knowledge in languages such as java, python and C#. I have worked with Sql server and mongodB. #technology #programming #software #computer-software...

#fullstack

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 28, 2020 374 views
Dedeepya Y.’s Avatar
Dedeepya Y. Apr 24, 2020 211 views

What to do ?

I’m perusing my Btech in VNRVJIET I can easily interact with others , and I’m little bit talkative . #programming languages C/C++ python java HTML5...

Somali P.’s Avatar
Somali P. Apr 15, 2020 212 views

Can i apply for campus ambassador or any internship program?

I’m looking for the opportunity to expand my learning, put to use my skills and experience, work in a team. #programming #computer #internship #personal-development #studentintern ship #computer-science...

#technology

Gabe P.’s Avatar
Gabe P. Apr 03, 2020 442 views

Is it smart to get a second bachelor's degree in Information Technology?

Hi. I'm Amy - I go by Gabe. I have a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public administration . I am in the process of changing career paths into information technology and am particularly interested in moving into a cyber security role, maybe in cloud security. I...

#computer-science #information-technology #programming #technology #cyber-security

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 14, 2020 380 views

How long Does it Take To Learn Web Development to Create a Website from Scratch?

Due to the march break and the covid-19 outbreak, I have a lot of time on my hands, of which I want to utilize cultivating a new skill. I am planning on investing most of my time learning web development. The reason why I asked this question is that I hope to gain a co-op position in a few...

#computer-science #programming #web-development #technology #internship #covid-19 #career