Career Questions tagged Programming

The coding, application, and programs that make computers work. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, network architects, to name a few. Please read below for more information.

Kang L.’s Avatar
Kang L. Jun 21 82 views

As an incoming college freshman planning to work in tech industry, what should I do over the next few years to prepare?

Ex: types of skills to learn, types of internships to get, people to reach out and connect

Anel E.’s Avatar
Anel E. Jun 12 67 views

How to choose right company to job shadow

I want to use my Gap year to volunteer/job shadow at a tech business before going to college. How do I know I chose the right one to shadow.

Dartavious T.’s Avatar
Dartavious T. May 31 131 views

What Does Microsoft Specialize In?

What is this company known for,what does this company specialize in such as video games,computer engineering,technology information etc.

Jack S.’s Avatar
Jack S. May 22 164 views

Computer Science/Programming Languages

Do you think that it's worth going to college to get a Computer Science Major/Programming Experience? I heard that coding boot camps do the same, but for less than the tuition that colleges charge you. What are your opinions on learning programming/computer science on websites like this...

Nijuel J.’s Avatar
Nijuel J. May 09 163 views

how much does it cost to buy an entire apt building

i want to to get into realist in new yoyk city

David Jolly M.’s Avatar
David Jolly M. May 09 86 views

What can I do to develop technology for health in Africa?

I am currently a final-year medical student in Uganda. I have learned data analysis with R, moving on to learn machine learning. I am also learning python. I am interested in working majorly on AI for health

So24fia H.’s Avatar
So24fia H. May 06 122 views

Programming languages

Hello!

I am a college student majoring in computer science. I have realised that not everything is taught in a classroom, therefore I don't know which language should I pick up next. I studied C, Java, SQL, HTML. I am currently learning CSS, but what should be next?
Thank you!

Wyatt P.’s Avatar
Wyatt P. May 06 103 views

What is the best interactive platform to learn the fundamentals of the C# language?

I'm looking into coding my own game, what do you recommend or what did you use when first learning how to code C#?

Colton D.’s Avatar
Colton D. May 05 143 views

What degrees can you get that get you a job programming?

I see that the main thing you need to get hired as a computer programmer is a bachelors degree of some sort. I've seen that the main one you want is a degree in computer and information technology but what other degrees can apply?

Ethan D.’s Avatar
Ethan D. May 05 162 views

What inspired you to be a programmer?

We are discussing careers in class and I am interested in programming.

Colton D.’s Avatar
Colton D. May 05 142 views

Is it easier to program for mobile or pc applications?

So many people today use their phones for everything and so many programs exist on the multiple app stores. Is it easier to program for the app store or for for windows applications?

Ethan D.’s Avatar
Ethan D. May 05 104 views

What is the hardest part about being a programmer?

In class we are discussing career opportunities and are trying to find information on different careers.

Ethan D.’s Avatar
Ethan D. May 05 98 views

What is your favorite computer language, and why?

Ethan D.’s Avatar
Ethan D. May 05 125 views

How did you get started coding?

kendalle H.’s Avatar
kendalle H. May 04 114 views

In computer programming, what should I focus on most?

It would be helpful if there was something significant to focus on if I were to start computer programming.

mario F.’s Avatar
mario F. May 03 135 views

When stuck on a topic of coding is it better to try and fail or watch someone just get it right?

I'm asking this question because sometimes when I watch a tutorial about learning a certain way of doing something while I know its the right way sometimes I still fail to understand it

Christopher J.’s Avatar
Christopher J. May 03 120 views

Is it okay to get into any computer field with little to no knowledge on the subject?

Computers have always been of interest to me on many different levels, both in hardware and software. Still, I have never been in a position to expand my personal skills and knowledge of computers. To be able to create the things I have always dreamed of, I would like to program or even code in...

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 139 views

What kind of companies would hire a computer programmer?

Where would a computer programmer get hired and what skills would they be looking for?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 161 views

What entry level jobs could I take while studying computer programming in college?

What jobs would help me become a better programmer while still learning in college?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 98 views

What is the best coding language to learn as a computer programmer?

If you have to learn multiple different types of coding languages, what would be the best one to learn that would help you to learn other languages a lot easier.

kyle H.’s Avatar
kyle H. Apr 27 157 views

what is the most money you can make from this job Computer and Information Systems Managers

i am trying to get more info about this job

kyle H.’s Avatar
kyle H. Apr 27 121 views

what is the best pathway so you are not lost trying to get a job Computer and Information Systems Managers

ash S.’s Avatar
ash S. Apr 27 145 views

What is being a game designer like?

what is your role for your company and what daily problems do you have to overcome.

Jervoris B.’s Avatar
Jervoris B. Apr 26 138 views

Is coding a hard focus area for a Computer Engineer?

Hi, I am a senior Computer Engineering major. I have no experience in the field and I would like to be able to get into the field without being completely lost.

Scarlett G.’s Avatar
Scarlett G. Apr 26 137 views

I'm looking at a career in the Army that involves coding/computer skills and I have a few questions.

a. How do cyber jobs interact with the military?
b. What are ways to stand out in cyber jobs?
c. Will cybersecurity be overinflated in the next 5 years because of how popular it is now?
d. What are little known ways to perfect your coding?
e. What are the biggest mistakes you can make when coding?

Tushar M.’s Avatar
Tushar M. Apr 26 182 views

what is the best language to start learning about coding is HTML a good language to start with

I am tushar student of 10 standard. I want to learn about coding I started with HTML and through which I found my passion for software development but is the right language because I don't want to excel in web development. Many people suggested me to learn about python should I learn that.

Myles H.’s Avatar
Myles H. Apr 16 150 views

What makes a good team in software development?

More specifically, what are some good qualities that you have noticed from team members that get a good team going? Humor, flow, just anything in general that you have noticed help bring a team together to be more enjoyable & productive, specifically in computer science.

Adrian G.’s Avatar
Adrian G. Apr 14 199 views

Finding a remote position

How can I find a fully remote position in technology?

Tyler N.’s Avatar
Tyler N. Mar 03 271 views

what are some of the advantages and disadvantages of being a computer programmer?

I am interested in computers and would like to more about jobs related to computers and the advantages and disadvantages of the jobs #computer #computer-science #programming

Tyler N.’s Avatar
Tyler N. Mar 03 256 views

what are some of the skills I should learn before starting computer programming?

I am a junior looking to start computer programming and would like know some skill I should learn before starting #computer #computer-science #programming