Career Questions tagged Programming

The coding, application, and programs that make computers work. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, network architects, to name a few. Please read below for more information.

Isaiah Q.’s Avatar
Isaiah Q. Sep 12

How did you move from a front-end developer into a full-stack?

I am a self taught #front-end #developer. Currently deciding to get formal training to later move into #back-end development. I have strong fundamentals in #programming #computer...

#software

Chad A.’s Avatar
Chad A. Aug 30
Erick S.’s Avatar
Erick S. Aug 23
Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02

I spent most of my software engineering internship not programming. Will that hurt me in interviews for full-time roles?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up an internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. Most of my time was spent reading code, reading documentation, learning to use internal tools, writing configs, writing test cases, minor bug fixes,...

#backend-development #software-development #python #web-development #programming #software-engineering

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02

What types of software engineering roles will allow me to spend the most time actually writing code?

Hi everyone. I'm a CS major in college, about to become a senior, and will be looking for a full-time role soon. I feel like I'm on track, and am considering what type of software engineering role I'd like to pursue. One thing that I've learned from my summer internship is how much of software...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02

How much of the time is a backend software engineer actually writing code?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up a 12-week internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. I'm a little surprised at what % of my internship was actually spent writing code: just about 3 of the 12 weeks. The other 9 weeks were mostly...

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Jul 26

What steps should I take to get into Mobile Development?

My Goal: Create an app similar to Tinder *Please note, I'm not trying to throw my hat in the ring with Tinder, Bumble, and all of those. This is just a side project that I'm interested in, I'm not considering fighting against Tinder. My Current Skills: * Minimal experience with MEAN stack...

#womenintech #industry #technology #ios #android #reactnative #mobiledevelopment #mobiledev #kotlin #tech #internship #engineering #learning #programming #react

Shanvi M.’s Avatar
Shanvi M. May 09

What are the benefits of a smart mirror?

I did an assignment which involved developing a smart mirror; to make it more valuable I added educational resources. Through this I was trying to convey that a smart mirror can be used globally in areas that don't facilitate education. The idea is if there's a smart mirror in most public...

#stem #technology #programming

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. May 09
Camilo Z.’s Avatar
Camilo Z. May 04

Do you think AI will make up the majority of the workforce in the future?

Do you think AI will be responsible for performing tasks that are normally performed by humans, to the extent of taking over most jobs? Take for example certain fast food chains introducing computers from which customers can order from, eliminating the need for people. #computer-science...

#stem #programming #technology

Jeremiah P.’s Avatar
Jeremiah P. May 03

What are the educational requirements to become a programmer?

What colleges/courses do I need to take to become a professioal programmer? #programming #technology #college...

#computer

Devin L.’s Avatar
Devin L. Apr 10

How do I start a gaming company?

Hi I am in 7th grade and looking for information on how to start a company #computer #programming...

#business

corey C.’s Avatar
corey C. Apr 10
David S.’s Avatar
David S. Apr 07
Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Mar 12

What are the steps needed to be a UX designer?

From your experience and journey to a UX designer, what online resources & bootcamps you have used to get where you are right now? Which bootcamps or online learning platforms you would recommend for a person w/o much prior knowledge in coding and programming language? Thank you!...

#technology #mentoring #ux #industryprofessionals #design #coaching #computer #computer-science #uxdesign #userexperience #jobs #career #programming #computer-software

Camilo Z.’s Avatar
Camilo Z. Mar 08

What is one way that coding has benefited your life?

For example, some people claim to be better problem solvers after learning how to code. In what way has coding benefited you? #technology #coding #programming...

#computer

Manoj N.’s Avatar
Manoj N. Mar 07

Is it easy to learn R language and python

I need to learn R language and python #tech #coding #programming...

#programmer

Anna B.’s Avatar
Anna B. Mar 05

To take on coding as a career, can you self teach?

I have a cousin who has been able to afford traveling all over the world while working to code and program computers, but he never earned a college degree. Is it possible to be hired without a degree today or is it still very important? #tech #programming #coding...

#computer

Ty D.’s Avatar
Ty D. Mar 05

How does one program code for artificial intelligence, and how long does that take?

I have always wondered how long it takes for a coder to program A.I's like Siri. #technology #tech #programming #ai...

#coding

Ariel B.’s Avatar
Ariel B. Mar 05

What would you say the overall goal of technology is for this generation?

Knowing that this generation is well fond of technology, how far would you say developers would go to make technology advanced than it already is for this generation? #technology #engineer #computer #tech...

#programming