Career Questions tagged Ngos

Mena’s Avatar
Mena Apr 25, 2020 462 views

I am an English Literature Student who wants to work for the SDGs. What should I do?

I am a creative problem-solving person and I study literature. I want to work in international organizations for any good global causes related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals to eradicate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. However, I am not a specialist. Is it...

Lok Yin’s Avatar
Lok Yin Mar 31, 2018 1440 views

How to write cover letter?

I am planning to apply for a summer intern in Non-governmental organisation(NGO). However, they usually would not post recruitment notice. So how should I start in the opening of the cover letter? #ngos #cover-letters ##job-offer #human-resources #summer-internship #summer-jobs...

Hollie’s Avatar
Hollie Jul 29, 2016 997 views

Any suggestions for intermediate-paid jobs relating to social welfare/NGOs?

I'm recently graduated and thought about applying jobs in Americorps, however, I heard that their jobs are very low-paid. I do not expect myself getting a high paid job right after I graduated from college as it is unrealistic, but I do hope to find a job that is intermediate-paid so that I...

Hollie’s Avatar
Hollie Jul 24, 2016 1118 views

what is a good place to start looking for jobs related to NGOs (non-government organizations) or Non-Profit Organizations?

I am about to graduate obtaining a B.A with an anthropology major. I wonder what is an effective way for a fresh graduate like me without much experience to look for jobs in the NGOs market. I am also an bilingual international student. #career #career-counseling #career-paths #social-work...

harish’s Avatar
harish Jun 23, 2016 901 views

how to improve the society

Because i need yo educate my society #engineer #engineering #non-profit #ngos

Abigail ’s Avatar
Abigail May 31, 2016 1480 views

How would I go about getting a job in nonprofit development?

As a political science major, my education is pretty broad. My dream job would be in development for a human rights or international nonprofit organization, but I am unsure how to get experience in that field to be able to apply for jobs. I have heard that joining the Peace Corps is really the...

Manoj’s Avatar
Manoj May 25, 2016 619 views

what are the career opportunity after doing masters in social works in India and abroad?

Hi,I am a MSW first year student,i took up this course as i am interested in social service, I would also like to pursue a career in the same,Just wanted to know am i in the right track. #social #ngos

Marissa’s Avatar
Marissa May 24, 2016 1003 views

What is it like to work in an US embassy?

Are there a lot of jobs requiring language skills? #government #language #federal-government #international-affairs #translation #ngos #us-government #embassy