How to write cover letter?

I am planning to apply for a summer intern in Non-governmental organisation(NGO). However, they usually would not post recruitment notice.
So how should I start in the opening of the cover letter?

#ngos #cover-letters ##job-offer #human-resources #summer-internship #summer-jobs #resume-writing #resume #resume-building ##employment-#careeradvice-#jobsearch-#interviewing-#resume

4

Carole’s Answer

I would suggest 10 key points to a cover letter here they are: 1. Return address written in the upper right hand corner without your name. 2. The date should appear two lines beneath, with no abbreviations. 3. Try to find the name and proper title of the person you are sending it to and list the full name and Mr. or Ms., on the next line list the name of company, and address (two lines). 4. The salutation should be Dear Mr or Ms. followed by name ( very business like). 5. First Paragraph state immediately which position you are applying for and what makes you the best candidate for that position. Be sure to mention the name of the publication and the date the ad appeared. (make it short and concise). 6.Second Paragraph: Detail what you can contribute to the company, and show how your qualification will benefit this firm and specifically discuss how your skills relate to the job's requirements. ( be brief). Recruiters barely read more that half a page! 7.Third Paragraph: Describe your interest in the corporation or company and subtly emphasize your knowledge about this firm, letting them know that your have research the company.. It is courtesy to act eager to work for any company where you apply.8: Final Paragraph: In closing. Specifically request and interview. EX "I would like to interview with you at your earliest convenience. I am best reached between (time) at (ph. #). If salary is included on the ad state it with a range for example $18,000 to $22,000. 9. Closing: should begin two lines beneath the body of letter. 10. Enclosure line: Four lines under this should be the word Sincerely, type your full name and sign above the line in black ink. This shows a detailed oriented professional if you put in a closure line.

Carole recommends the following next steps:

Don't forget to proofread, the recruiter or interviewer can easily reject your letter if you have mistakes. Have a friend or family member proofread it before it is sent and avoid all messy corrections!!
I hope this 10 points will help you make a great cover letter. If you need more help on this any resume book should have helpful hints on cover letters, the one I use is "Every women essential job hunting and resume book". by Laura Morin and she id co-author of "The complete resume and job search book for college students.
Carole Curtis, Career Counselor and Coach

0

Aaron’s Answer

Hi.

I would suggest opening with an introduction into who you are. You can talk about your strengths and perhaps some weaknesses that you want to work on (gaining more experience is a good one and it fits into why you're applying for the summer internship!), then your personality.

I would also suggest putting some contact information at the top as well, perhaps in bullet point form so it is easy them to make contact with you.

I hope this helps!

Regards.

Aaron C Hyde

0

Shana’s Answer

Hi - I would recommend you be yourself - write the letter like a conversation. Talk about why you are interested in being an intern at an NGO. Talk about what skills you believe you can bring to the job. A human voice is the best voice there is!

Good luck.

0