Career Questions tagged Translation

Axel L.’s Avatar
Axel L. Jul 21 57 views

So I took the AP Spanish test a couple years ago and am planning to get certified as an interpeter and translator while I'm finishing college. What do I need to be certified and what would be the best options for me to do this kind of work?

I'm a native Spanish speaker I will be in Maryland or Pennsylvania for a few months trying to start the certification process, but eventually I will be going up to Utah #interpreter #translation #jobs #college #business...

#money

Kayla B.’s Avatar
Kayla B. Jan 13, 2018 213 views

What are the different types of jobs an English to Spanish Translator/Interpreter can have?

I'd like to know what types of information (and words) its common for Spanish Translators to use, and which ones are the most fun environments to be in! #spanish...

#translation

Hannah D.’s Avatar
Hannah D. Mar 07, 2017 308 views

What do you need to take for gsce to be a language translator

That is what i want to be when i grow up #language #translation...

#foreign-languages

Kelly A.’s Avatar
Kelly A. Mar 25, 2017 604 views

Should my resume be bilingual or monolingual?

I am applying for internships in linguistics, translation and languages-related fields. I live in Montreal, which is a very bilingual city. I am wondering if it is perceived as too much to send my cv in double in order to send it in both French and English. If I should send a single version,...

#linguistics #english #language #foreign-languages #job-application #translation #french

hayley A.’s Avatar
hayley A. May 26, 2016 482 views

Is it possible to major in languages in which more than one language is mastered at once?

I am currently interested in majoring in languages, however through research found that most majors are limited to specifics. For example I pick up dialect, word choice, and accent quickly and have put it in practice; more than volunteer requirements but as a career. I can't seem to find a...

#language-services #college #teaching #translation #careers #double-major

Jessica S.’s Avatar
Jessica S. Oct 31, 2016 451 views

Is there any demand on Romanian translators?

i would like to be a translator #fbi...

#translation

Irene P.’s Avatar
Irene P. Oct 06, 2016 576 views

What kind of master's degrees can I do if I am studying translation and interpreting?

I am studying the degree of translation and interpreting but I do not know the offer of masters that I can choose. #jobs #language #foreign-languages #translation...

#interpretation

Marissa M.’s Avatar
Marissa M. May 24, 2016 629 views

What is it like to work in an US embassy?

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. May 19, 2016 525 views

How vast is the overlap between a career as a translator and a career as an interpreter?

At the moment I am studying Spanish Translation & Interpretation in undergraduate school. I adore reading and writing, but I also value the spoken and listening aspect of language as well, and therefore feel that I would be suited professionally not just for translation, but also for...

#interpretation #translator #translator-studies #spanish #translation #interpreter #spanish-translation

Jesse U.’s Avatar
Jesse U. May 17, 2016 461 views

What do you recommend for self-study over the summer for a Japanese major?

I have been immersing myself further in Japanese media and I bought the first Genki textbook. I have taken a year online and have been studying on my own as well. I know a great deal of vocabulary, but I am weak in grammar and kanji. Do you have any recommendations for media, online sources, or...

#language #foreign-languages #japanese #translation #studying-tips

Jesse U.’s Avatar
Jesse U. May 17, 2016 521 views

What majors do you recommend that I take with Japanese if I want to be a translator?

I am graduating high school very soon and will be entering college after this summer. At this point, I plan to become a Japanese to English (or vice versa) translator, and I know that there are several options as to what I might take with my Japanese major. I have considered a Chinese minor,...

#majors #translation #college #japanese

Madeline D.’s Avatar
Madeline D. May 11, 2016 463 views

Do multiple free-lance careers work well together?

I'm going to be an undergraduate studying harp performance, but am also interested in writing and translating. Have you found that balancing multiple different careers took a lot of organizing, but proves feasible, or is it spreading your time and training too thin? #writer #musician...

#freelance-writing #translation #multi-tasking

Shawn H.’s Avatar
Shawn H. Dec 17, 2014 1238 views

What is a good language to know/learn when looking to become a translator?

I am a senior in high school and I have been learning German and Japanese but I am having a hard time deciding what language I should start with that would benefit me most in my career plans. I have heard certain languages are in demand but I am not sure if i should learn them since they are...

#german #language #japanese #translation #french

C'Asia M.’s Avatar
C'Asia M. Apr 03, 2014 610 views

What steps does a person have to take to become apart of the manga business?

I am extrmely intrested in manga and anime and I was curious about the steps I might have to follow to become apart of that business #writing #drawing #translation...

#japanese