Career Questions tagged Translator

Renzo C.’s Avatar
Renzo C. Mar 10 92 views

What's required to become a bilingual translator in a career.

I have the ability to speak, read and write both fluently in Japanese and English since I was born and raised in Japan almost my whole life. As far as I know for the requirements to become a professional translator in the workforce, is 1. I need a High School Diploma 2. Some sort of college or...

#career #translator

Caitlynn D.’s Avatar
Caitlynn D. Nov 20, 2019 49 views

On average how much money do you make per year as a translator?

I'm thinking of going to college to become a foreign language translator and would like to know if it is a job where I will have a stable income....

#translator

Sheila C.’s Avatar
Sheila C. Jan 08, 2019 125 views

What are majors people should take to become a translator? What is the maximum languages one must learn?

I am a Junior in highschool who has taken a few college classes for other languages not provided in my school. I have an idea of possibly being a translator but don't know what I need to focus on in college to get there. #translator...

#college-major

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Aug 27, 2018 193 views

What are some minors that would go well with a Spanish major?

If I were to want to translate for courts, would I have to get any specific minors? #minors #spanish...

#translator

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. May 19, 2016 583 views

How vast is the overlap between a career as a translator and a career as an interpreter?

At the moment I am studying Spanish Translation & Interpretation in undergraduate school. I adore reading and writing, but I also value the spoken and listening aspect of language as well, and therefore feel that I would be suited professionally not just for translation, but also for...

#interpretation #translator #spanish #translation #interpreter #translator-studies #spanish-translation

Shariel  R.’s Avatar
Shariel R. Mar 17, 2015 672 views

What are some of the perks and downfalls of being a translator in the United States?

Hello! I am a high school senior, and I am planning on majoring in Spanish in college. My goal in life has always been to be a Spanish translator/interpreter. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who is in this specific career; therefore, I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with this...

#interpreter #spanish #translator #languages