Career Questions tagged Asl

Casey N.’s Avatar
Casey N. Aug 27, 2018 143 views

What business companies need ASL interpreters?

I am in school for a double major, in Business administration and American Sign Language. I need to find a job in business that has a need for an ASL interpreter. I really enjoy sign language and want to make that my primary job in the future. I also really enjoy business and personal finance....

#asl #business #interpreter

Miranda C.’s Avatar
Miranda C. Jan 05, 2018 176 views

How can I be an SLP that incorporates ASL in my practice?

Hi there! I've studied ASL all through high school and college (I'm a senior in college now), originally double majoring in ASL and speech pathology - now just majoring in SLP and minoring in ASL. I desperately want to incorporate ASL into being an SLP, but I've had professors tell me it's...

#asl #american-sign-language #slp #speech-language-pathology

Paige C.’s Avatar
Paige C. Oct 13, 2016 614 views

Is it challenging to find a job in deaf education?

I am currently really interested in ASL studies and am looking into minoring in American-Sign Language in college along with a major in something in Health Science. I do not know much sign-language yet, but it's never too late to learn! I am just curious how hard it would be to find job...

#college-major #education #asl #deaf #academic-advising #health-science #college-minor

Kendall R.’s Avatar
Kendall R. May 26, 2016 460 views

How can I get college assistance and a plan?

I know what I would like to study and pursue, I just have no idea in what the first step to getting there is. #college #management #advice #language #planning #support...

#asl

Kendall R.’s Avatar
Kendall R. May 26, 2016 573 views

How do I get to the career of my dreams?

I have no idea what it takes to get a degree in ASL and where to go from there. I am not even sure about colleges. I am kind of in a rut as my senior year is about to begin I see what my dream is but I can't quiet navigate the route. #career-paths #help #college-advice #asl...

#teen

Alyssa J.’s Avatar
Alyssa J. May 18, 2016 336 views

What has been the most impactful aspect of being able to interpret American Sign Language?

I want to get into sign language interpreting in the future. I've always believed that simply having a job for the sake of money is boring and useless so I'd like to know how having this job has impacted individuals personally....

#asl