Career Questions tagged Speech

Abdullah M.’s Avatar
Abdullah M. Feb 26 260 views

How to improve my speaking confidence?

I’m a first generation student in this country. As I’ve started college this year, I’ve been noticing just how eloquent everyone sounds when they speak. From other students to interviewers. I’ve been getting really insecure about the way I speak, someone also recently told me that I speak in a...

business speech confidence publicspeaking college student presentation career

Marie E.’s Avatar
Marie E. Aug 24, 2020 231 views

what is it like to talk to a deaf person as a speech-language pathologist?

I was learning how to do sign language and i was just wondering how like the deaf and blind person understand it supportthedeafandblind speech-therapy speech asl slp...

speech-pathology

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06, 2019 330 views

How to prepare for SLP clinical fellowship year interview?

What are some tips for preparing for a Speech-Language Pathology clinical fellowship year interview? speechlanguagepathology slp interviews speechtherapy speech-pathology speech clinical...

fellowship

Ellie H.’s Avatar
Ellie H. Dec 30, 2018 343 views

I love performing, what jobs would consist of being / speaking in front of people?

I love performing, whether it's theater, speech, or just making an announcement in front of church. I know that acting isn't necessarily a steady career, so what other areas could I put this passion into? publicspeaking performing speech performing...

people

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 673 views

What is the starting salary for a speech pathologist?

I am a junior studying biology in the Boston area, and would like to move on to get my masters in speech pathology. What is the starting pay in my area? speech-pathology speech speech-therapy speech-language-pathology...

financial-planning

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 781 views

What is it is like being your own boss?

My ultimate goal is to become a speech therapist and help children in elementary schools work on their speech disorders. One reason I job this job is because many times, speech therapists are self-employed, and this is important to me. What is it like being self-employed? speech-pathology...

self-driven speech speech-therapy self-starter

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 774 views

Where is the typical workplace for a speech pathologist?

I would like to get my masters degree in speech pathology. To my understanding, speech pathologists work in schools, hospitals and other medical offices. I really hope I get the opportunity to work with children. What are my chances of get my job at a school? speech-pathology speech...

student-engagement location speech-therapy

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 846 views

What is the best way to stand out to graduate schools?

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in biology in the spring of 2018. I would like to move on to graduate school and get a masters in speech pathology. What should I make sure I have completed by the end of my undergraduate career in regards to internships, volunteer work, etc? biology...

speech speech-therapy speech-pathology graduate graduate-school

Tyann M.’s Avatar
Tyann M. Oct 23, 2016 510 views

What is the life of a Speech Pathologist/Communication Disorder Specialist like?

I aspire to be a speech therapist and communication disorder specialist. I want to work with people and help them find great ways to communicate their emotions effectively. communication speech-pathology speech...

speech-language

Victoria W.’s Avatar
Victoria W. Oct 22, 2016 680 views

What is it like in the daily life of a Speech Pathologist working with children?

I'm currently going to school for speech pathology and I would love to work with children. Just curious to know what their average day actually looks like.. speech-pathology...

speech

Onyinye I.’s Avatar
Onyinye I. May 23, 2016 654 views

How do I further develop my public speaking for forensic science careers

I know individuals will be called as expert witness for scientific based evidence. I am not a good public speaker; I tend to ramble or I freeze up. I need help with techniques that will help me remain focused and not be afraid of any audience. This will also help improve my interview skills....

interviews speech biology expert-witness

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. May 13, 2016 571 views

Are all master's programs in Speech Pathology taught by doctoral level professors?

Majoring in Speech Pathology and it's very competitive to get into grad school. language pathologist speech...

disorders

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. May 13, 2016 458 views

How many additional classes would I have to take to become school certified in Speech Pathology?

I'm going to major in Communication Disorders and was wondering how much more schooling is involved for a school certification. advice pathologist speech...

disorders

Claire C.’s Avatar
Claire C. May 12, 2016 827 views
Gyna R.’s Avatar
Gyna R. Apr 30, 2015 3556 views

Do speech pathologists work with deaf people? If so, are they required to learn sign language?

I am wondering because I read somewhere online that there is 2 types of speech pathologist, one that deals with deaf peoplem and one that doesn't. medicine professor health speech-pathology pathologist...

speech

Chandler P.’s Avatar
Chandler P. Mar 24, 2015 5212 views

How would a student like myself go about becoming a Speech Pathologist? Do I have to go to Medical School as well?

I want to become a Speech Pathologist and an OB doctor at the same time. However, I do not know if I need to go to medical school for both of these careers. Help?! professors speech-pathology speech...

medicare

Rama ..’s Avatar
Rama .. Apr 24, 2014 2082 views

What is most enjoyable about being a speech therapist?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am shadowing a speech therapist that works at a private school. Sometimes I get bored because my mentor does the same thing in every session and I am just sitting there observing. I want to know if it is different for speech therapists not working at a...

speech-pathology schools children therapy speech offices