Career Questions tagged Speech

Marie E.’s Avatar
Marie E. Aug 24 107 views

what is it like to talk to a deaf person as a speech-language pathologist?

I was learning how to do sign language and i was just wondering how like the deaf and blind person understand it #supportthedeafandblind #speech-therapy #speech #asl #slp...

#speech-pathology

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06, 2019 237 views

How to prepare for SLP clinical fellowship year interview?

What are some tips for preparing for a Speech-Language Pathology clinical fellowship year interview? #speechlanguagepathology #slp #interviews #speechtherapy #speech-pathology #speech #clinical...

#fellowship

Ellie H.’s Avatar
Ellie H. Dec 30, 2018 225 views

I love performing, what jobs would consist of being / speaking in front of people?

I love performing, whether it's theater, speech, or just making an announcement in front of church. I know that acting isn't necessarily a steady career, so what other areas could I put this passion into? #publicspeaking #performing #speech #performing...

#people

Ervana S.’s Avatar
Ervana S. Sep 05, 2018 233 views
Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 583 views

What is the starting salary for a speech pathologist?

I am a junior studying biology in the Boston area, and would like to move on to get my masters in speech pathology. What is the starting pay in my area? #speech-pathology #speech #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#financial-planning

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 645 views

What is it is like being your own boss?

My ultimate goal is to become a speech therapist and help children in elementary schools work on their speech disorders. One reason I job this job is because many times, speech therapists are self-employed, and this is important to me. What is it like being self-employed? #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapy #self-driven #self-starter #speech

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 674 views

Where is the typical workplace for a speech pathologist?

I would like to get my masters degree in speech pathology. To my understanding, speech pathologists work in schools, hospitals and other medical offices. I really hope I get the opportunity to work with children. What are my chances of get my job at a school? #speech-pathology #speech...

#speech-therapy #student-engagement #location

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 736 views

What is the best way to stand out to graduate schools?

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in biology in the spring of 2018. I would like to move on to graduate school and get a masters in speech pathology. What should I make sure I have completed by the end of my undergraduate career in regards to internships, volunteer work, etc? #biology...

#speech-therapy #speech #graduate #speech-pathology #graduate-school

Tyann M.’s Avatar
Tyann M. Oct 23, 2016 437 views

What is the life of a Speech Pathologist/Communication Disorder Specialist like?

I aspire to be a speech therapist and communication disorder specialist. I want to work with people and help them find great ways to communicate their emotions effectively. #communication #speech-pathology #speech...

#speech-language

Victoria W.’s Avatar
Victoria W. Oct 22, 2016 537 views

What is it like in the daily life of a Speech Pathologist working with children?

I'm currently going to school for speech pathology and I would love to work with children. Just curious to know what their average day actually looks like.. #speech-pathology...

#speech

Onyinye I.’s Avatar
Onyinye I. May 23, 2016 540 views

How do I further develop my public speaking for forensic science careers

I know individuals will be called as expert witness for scientific based evidence. I am not a good public speaker; I tend to ramble or I freeze up. I need help with techniques that will help me remain focused and not be afraid of any audience. This will also help improve my interview skills....

#biology #interviews #expert-witness #speech

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. May 13, 2016 482 views

Are all master's programs in Speech Pathology taught by doctoral level professors?

Majoring in Speech Pathology and it's very competitive to get into grad school. #language #pathologist #speech...

#disorders

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. May 13, 2016 402 views

How many additional classes would I have to take to become school certified in Speech Pathology?

I'm going to major in Communication Disorders and was wondering how much more schooling is involved for a school certification. #advice #pathologist #speech...

#disorders

Claire C.’s Avatar
Claire C. May 12, 2016 709 views
Gyna R.’s Avatar
Gyna R. Apr 30, 2015 3055 views

Do speech pathologists work with deaf people? If so, are they required to learn sign language?

I am wondering because I read somewhere online that there is 2 types of speech pathologist, one that deals with deaf peoplem and one that doesn't. #medicine #professor #health #speech-pathology #pathologist...

#speech

Chandler P.’s Avatar
Chandler P. Mar 24, 2015 4460 views

How would a student like myself go about becoming a Speech Pathologist? Do I have to go to Medical School as well?

I want to become a Speech Pathologist and an OB doctor at the same time. However, I do not know if I need to go to medical school for both of these careers. Help?! #professors #speech-pathology #speech...

#medicare

Rama ..’s Avatar
Rama .. Apr 24, 2014 1696 views

What is most enjoyable about being a speech therapist?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am shadowing a speech therapist that works at a private school. Sometimes I get bored because my mentor does the same thing in every session and I am just sitting there observing. I want to know if it is different for speech therapists not working at a...

#children #offices #speech #schools #therapy #speech-pathology