Career Questions tagged Speech Therapy

Lindsey G.’s Avatar
Lindsey G. Jun 25, 2018 220 views

Is obtaining your undergraduate degree in speech and language pathology required to get your masters and become a speech pathologist?

I am approaching my senior year of college majoring in family studies and human development and I recently discovered my interest in speech and language pathology and I'm interested in getting my masters in order to become a speech and language pathologist but I was wondering if I need to have...

#speech-therapy #speech-language #speech-language-pathology #speech-pathology

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 203 views

How much schooling will I need to be a Speech Pathologist/Therapist?

I need to know how much scholarship money I will need to raise in order to lessen student loan debts. #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathologist...

#speech-pathology

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 234 views

What is the average pay of a Speech Therapist?

I need to know if it will be sufficient enough to support my future family. #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapist

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 228 views

What is the typical work day of a Speech Therapist working at an elementary school entail?

I am interested in going to college for Speech Pathology and working at a local elementary school. I need to know what a typical day's work will contain #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapist

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Apr 06, 2018 206 views

How much money (one average) does a speech therapist make?

I am trying to figure out how much money I will make after I earn my Master's Degree. Will I struggle to pay off my student loans? #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy...

#speech-pathologist

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Mar 16, 2018 194 views

What are the pros and cons of using your Speech and Language Pathology degree in a school setting compared to a clinical setting?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to be a Speech Therapist in a school or work with patients in a Doctor's Office / Therapy Clinic. #speech-language-pathology #speech-language-pathologist #speech-therapy #speech-therapist...

#audiology

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 547 views

What is the starting salary for a speech pathologist?

I am a junior studying biology in the Boston area, and would like to move on to get my masters in speech pathology. What is the starting pay in my area? #speech-pathology #speech #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#financial-planning

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 614 views

What is it is like being your own boss?

My ultimate goal is to become a speech therapist and help children in elementary schools work on their speech disorders. One reason I job this job is because many times, speech therapists are self-employed, and this is important to me. What is it like being self-employed? #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapy #self-starter #speech #self-driven

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 642 views

Where is the typical workplace for a speech pathologist?

I would like to get my masters degree in speech pathology. To my understanding, speech pathologists work in schools, hospitals and other medical offices. I really hope I get the opportunity to work with children. What are my chances of get my job at a school? #speech-pathology #speech...

#speech-therapy #location #student-engagement

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 720 views

What is the best way to stand out to graduate schools?

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in biology in the spring of 2018. I would like to move on to graduate school and get a masters in speech pathology. What should I make sure I have completed by the end of my undergraduate career in regards to internships, volunteer work, etc? #biology...

#speech-therapy #graduate #graduate-school #speech-pathology #speech

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 431 views

What schools in my area offer a degree in speech therapy?

I am currently a junior at a school in North Andover, Mass. studying Biology. I would like to move on and get my masters in speech therapy, but I am having a hard time finding schools that offer it. #speech-pathology #speech-language #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#speech-pathologist