Career Questions tagged Speech Therapy

Marie E.’s Avatar
Marie E. Aug 24 107 views

what is it like to talk to a deaf person as a speech-language pathologist?

I was learning how to do sign language and i was just wondering how like the deaf and blind person understand it #supportthedeafandblind #speech-therapy #speech #asl #slp...

#speech-pathology

Lindsey G.’s Avatar
Lindsey G. Jun 25, 2018 244 views

Is obtaining your undergraduate degree in speech and language pathology required to get your masters and become a speech pathologist?

I am approaching my senior year of college majoring in family studies and human development and I recently discovered my interest in speech and language pathology and I'm interested in getting my masters in order to become a speech and language pathologist but I was wondering if I need to have...

#speech-therapy #speech-pathology #speech-language-pathology #speech-language

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 222 views

How much schooling will I need to be a Speech Pathologist/Therapist?

I need to know how much scholarship money I will need to raise in order to lessen student loan debts. #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathologist...

#speech-pathology

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 267 views

What is the average pay of a Speech Therapist?

I need to know if it will be sufficient enough to support my future family. #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapist

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 261 views

What is the typical work day of a Speech Therapist working at an elementary school entail?

I am interested in going to college for Speech Pathology and working at a local elementary school. I need to know what a typical day's work will contain #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapist

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Apr 06, 2018 223 views

How much money (one average) does a speech therapist make?

I am trying to figure out how much money I will make after I earn my Master's Degree. Will I struggle to pay off my student loans? #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy...

#speech-pathologist

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Mar 16, 2018 218 views

What are the pros and cons of using your Speech and Language Pathology degree in a school setting compared to a clinical setting?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to be a Speech Therapist in a school or work with patients in a Doctor's Office / Therapy Clinic. #speech-language-pathology #speech-language-pathologist #speech-therapy #speech-therapist...

#audiology

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 583 views

What is the starting salary for a speech pathologist?

I am a junior studying biology in the Boston area, and would like to move on to get my masters in speech pathology. What is the starting pay in my area? #speech-pathology #speech #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#financial-planning

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 645 views

What is it is like being your own boss?

My ultimate goal is to become a speech therapist and help children in elementary schools work on their speech disorders. One reason I job this job is because many times, speech therapists are self-employed, and this is important to me. What is it like being self-employed? #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapy #self-driven #self-starter #speech

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 674 views

Where is the typical workplace for a speech pathologist?

I would like to get my masters degree in speech pathology. To my understanding, speech pathologists work in schools, hospitals and other medical offices. I really hope I get the opportunity to work with children. What are my chances of get my job at a school? #speech-pathology #speech...

#speech-therapy #student-engagement #location

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 736 views

What is the best way to stand out to graduate schools?

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in biology in the spring of 2018. I would like to move on to graduate school and get a masters in speech pathology. What should I make sure I have completed by the end of my undergraduate career in regards to internships, volunteer work, etc? #biology...

#speech-therapy #speech #graduate #speech-pathology #graduate-school

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 446 views

What schools in my area offer a degree in speech therapy?

I am currently a junior at a school in North Andover, Mass. studying Biology. I would like to move on and get my masters in speech therapy, but I am having a hard time finding schools that offer it. #speech-pathology #speech-language #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#speech-pathologist