2

Speech Therapist, English Teacher, Language Lover, Musician Looking For Creative Work

I am a speech-language pathologist in a school setting. I have long term experience with teaching, as well as playing and writing music, and I have a passion for studying foreign languages. Where to I begin to explore careers that make use of a number of these skills and interests rather than feeling pigeonholed into one particular role?

2

0

Stephanie’s Answer

Hi Ilan

Have you ever thought about teaching adults who are learning English? It's a very rewarding field. After classroom teaching, I did this and loved it. You can be creative and certainly use your language skills. You don't need to speak other languages - just be patient and creative!

If you're interested, check out this website: https://www.teachercertificationdegrees.com/careers/esl-teacher/

My M.Ed. in Education was enough for me to teach. You might also consider GED classes - language and creativity again.

Good luck and keep teaching - we need you!

Stephanie
0