Career Questions tagged Audiology

Joshua’s Avatar
Joshua Jan 24 434 views

what education do i need to become a hearing aid specialist ?

I've had hearing aids of my own but after a while, they start to hurt our ears and would like to create a hearing aid that's custom for every different person for an affordable price that doesn't break the bank. I understand ur ears are very important in life and hearing is one of the most...

Eva’s Avatar
Eva Jan 20 90 views

What volunteer opportunities or internships are there for undergraduate communication science and disorders majors?

-Freshman at Florida State Univeristy
-Communication Science and Disorders Major
-Future career in Audiology

Mihiduni’s Avatar
Mihiduni Feb 18, 2022 283 views

What is the procedure to get the California state license as an assistant audiologist?

I have completed Bsc. in Audiology (Sri Lanka) and have 4 years experience as a clinical audiologist in Sri Lanka. Recently I have moved to California and expecting to start my career here. #audiology #career

Megan’s Avatar
Megan Mar 16, 2018 402 views

What are the pros and cons of using your Speech and Language Pathology degree in a school setting compared to a clinical setting?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to be a Speech Therapist in a school or work with patients in a Doctor's Office / Therapy Clinic.

#speech-language-pathology #speech-language-pathologist #speech-therapy #speech-therapist #audiology

Elizabeth’s Avatar
Elizabeth Jan 17, 2018 544 views

How do I increase awareness of audiology to increase the reputation and respect that audiologists should receive as a Doctor?

Audiology is not well known and therefore people do not go see an audiologist, or if they do go see one, they don't stick around very long, have a hard time believing the audiologist and there is less respect for audiology as a fellow colleague. There is a stereotype that since A.uD's are...

Mariel’s Avatar
Mariel May 19, 2016 851 views

What can you do in Audiology without going to grad school?

Many students in college are currently deciding if grad school is right for them. Is there anything you can do within the field of Audiology that does not requiring moving forward to grad school and getting your AuD? #graduate-school #audiology #science #higher-education