Career Questions tagged Graduate School

Once a student earns a bachelors degree, they are eligible to attend a graduate program. There is a Master's degree, Doctoral Degree, Juris Doctor Degree, Doctor of Medicine Degree, and...

Alyson J.’s Avatar
Alyson J. Mar 23 68 views

Graduate to become a Teacher

Hi! I need more information and advice. I want to become a teacher. My BA is not in education. As I looked for grad schools, I found some degrees with MA, MAT, or MS. Is one better than the other? Regardless of which, wouldn't I still need to go to the DOE and state my subject areas? Would I...

#graduate-school #teaching #teacher #education

Erika W.’s Avatar
Erika W. Mar 23 62 views

What is the path to working in diplomacy/international affairs like?

I’m now a college freshman majoring in global studies, which I’m starting to realize is a bit different from the standard international relations degree (my school doesn’t offer this). I’m still interested working in world affairs (dream would be becoming a diplomat or working in an embassy),...

#graduate-school #college #international #diplomat

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Mar 16 24 views

What do History Graduate Programs look for in their applicant?

How much do history grad programs weigh GPA vs Test Score vs Personal Statement? And what kind of work/internship experience do they look for/if any? #graduate-school...

#history

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Mar 16 96 views

Does this recession mean I might not be able to get a job when I graduate?

I am currently an architecture student with a planned graduation in 2022, what does the #covid19 recession mean for the job market in regards to architecture? I was intending to practice for a few years before going to grad school, but does this mean I should start considering/planning to go to...

#architecture #architect #graduate-school #job

Abdiel L.’s Avatar
Abdiel L. Mar 04 43 views

How difficult is it for a recent high school grad to get hired for a job?

Let's say I just graduated and never had a job before, will it be possible to get a job? #graduate-school...

#first-job

Kasey D.’s Avatar
Kasey D. Feb 21 39 views

How many hours are required to volunteer a week?

I would lie to be able to gain credit for this volunteer opportunity for graduate school. Would it be possible to earn hours for it? #graduate-school...

#volunteer

Ram L.’s Avatar
Ram L. Nov 26, 2019 123 views

How different would a path be for someone wanting to do data science work by taking a graduate program in Business Analytics instead of the traditional Data Science path?

Hi, I'm a Computer Science graduate. I'm planning for a Master's program and the Business Analytics program looks interesting, but most programs are 10months, comparing that with a MSCS programs? How different of a job role would it be. Thanks. #computer-science #business #graduate-school...

#business-analytics #masters-program

Junia P.’s Avatar
Junia P. Nov 12, 2019 38 views

Do you provide clinical rotation for FNP student?

I'm a FNP student, I would like to find a preceptor for clinical rotation....

#graduate-school

Kristen S.’s Avatar
Kristen S. Oct 03, 2019 56 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 72 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

#psychiatry #medicine #applications #admissions #communications #social-work #graduate-school #research #phd #college #psychology #grad-school #sociology

Jennifer M.’s Avatar
Jennifer M. Aug 23, 2019 45 views

What classes do I need to work in Education Administration?

I'm a high school graduate who wants to seek a career in administration. #education #career...

#graduate-school

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Aug 07, 2019 96 views

In what situation can you list a degree you're working on as your title?

For example, I'm applying to graduate school in psychology this semester. By the time I attend the graduate program, I will have completed my B.A. However, on my applications, should I list myself as "Alexandra C., B.A." or not? The only similar situation I can think of is people who have...

#applications #college-admissions #psychology #bachelors #graduate-school

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 211 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#application #graduate-school #research #interview #phd #college #psychology #grad-school #doctorate #graduate

Christina R.’s Avatar
Christina R. Jan 31, 2019 177 views

Looking for advice on graduate school

I graduated with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Business Administration about two years ago. For the past several years, I've been working in direct care. I have experience caring for adults with severe mental illnesses, and my current job involves working with emotionally disturbed...

#psychologist #graduate-school #psychology #business

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 89 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

#architect #graduate-school #graduate

Jennifer M.’s Avatar
Jennifer M. Jul 06, 2019 135 views
Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Jun 07, 2019 120 views

I'm interesting in getting a master's or PhD degree in Architecture History, what are my options?

I'm currently an architecture student pursuing a B.Arch but I'm interesting in eventually studying architecture history more specifically, are there any departments/programs that offer a master's of PhD in that specialization or would I have to go through a more general Art History program?...

#architecture #graduate-school #history