Career Questions tagged Graduate School

Once a student earns a bachelors degree, they are eligible to attend a graduate program. There is a Master's degree, Doctoral Degree, Juris Doctor Degree, Doctor of Medicine Degree, and...

Victwhon N.’s Avatar
Victwhon N. Jul 01 117 views

How can you become a better engineer?

I am a high school student. I want to go to a divisional 1 college when I graduate from High School. #engineer #engineering #high-school #college...

#graduate-school

Leonardo Z.’s Avatar
Leonardo Z. Jun 16 120 views

Research in industry vs academia

I am a current graduate student in materials science looking into research careers after I graduate. Do you have any insights into the differences between doing research at a company, compared to a university? #science #research...

#graduate-school

Michelle A.’s Avatar
Michelle A. Jun 01 93 views

What should I do during my high school years to help me get into law school?

As soon as I graduate my dream has always been to go into law. More specifically, to become an immigration lawyer. To go more in depth of what I'm asking is what activities or certain things will look in my resume when applying to a university? #law #lawyer #graduate-school #law-school...

#law-practice

Jeffrey A.’s Avatar
Jeffrey A. May 20 97 views

What is the best way to get a schedule reduced?

What would be the best way to reduce a schedule to graduate early? #graduate-school #college-advice #college...

#school

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 19 162 views

Is it possible for someone without an engineering bachelors degree to go to grad school for engineering?

At the time I applied for college I was interested in Comp Sci so I entered school as a Math - CS major (about to end my first year). After seeing career fairs, I feel like mechanical engineering seems much more interesting and fun but my GPA is not high enough to switch majors (the cutoff is...

#graduate-school #college #engineer #mechanical-engineering #engineering #career #college-major

Prerna D.’s Avatar
Prerna D. May 16 108 views

How to apply for the volunteering programme?

I am a 3rd year law student of an integrated 5 years law course which I am pursuing from an esteemed university in India. I wish to apply for the volunteering program, so how can i apply for it and what is the volunteer required to do. #law #volunteer #lawyer #graduate-school...

Andres R.’s Avatar
Andres R. May 06 157 views

What is it like to be a Public Policy analyst?

Hi, I am considering going back to graduate school to get an MPA concentrating in Public Policy, however my connections are limited and I'm not sure who I can talk to other than internet about this issue. #graduate-school #politics...

#social-work

Hannah M.’s Avatar
Hannah M. May 06 94 views

Is it a good idea to go PhD program from professional master's program?

I am a graduate student in a professional school. I began the program envisioning being a product manager, but I realized that I wanted to be a scholar than working for a business. Do you think it is wise to pivot my career and throw the investment that I made at the professional school and...

#graduate-school #college #academia #phd

Amy L.’s Avatar
Amy L. May 04 97 views

Preparing for grad school in Epidemiology

I am a second-year college student interested in getting a Ph.D. in Epidemiology. Is this a good field to go into? What should I do in college to prepare for grad school in epidemiology--should I take graduate-level classes if they are available to undergrads at my school? Is doing an honors...

#graduate-school #epidemiology #graduate #publichealth

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. May 02 98 views

Tenure Track Requirements in US History Departments?

I'm interested in getting my graduate degrees from universities in the UK, but would ultimately like to return to the U.S. and teach in American Universities. Can I be hired as a tenure track professor if my PhD is not from the U.S. or does that automatically disqualify me from that track? Are...

#graduate-school #history #tenuretrack

Kyaw Twetar H.’s Avatar
Kyaw Twetar H. Apr 23 76 views
Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 504 views

What's the best and most cost efficient option of Grad school for film / screenwriting students?

I'm months away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and Film & Video Production. My career goal is to become a fiction author and Screenwriter. I'm currently considering several universities to get my Master's in Screenwriting including, Boston University, Loyola...

#choosing-a-college #filmmaker #college #graduating #screenwriting #career #college-major #jesussaves #entertainment #graduate-school #student #producer #film-production #job

Erika W.’s Avatar
Erika W. Mar 23 115 views

What is the path to working in diplomacy/international affairs like?

I’m now a college freshman majoring in global studies, which I’m starting to realize is a bit different from the standard international relations degree (my school doesn’t offer this). I’m still interested working in world affairs (dream would be becoming a diplomat or working in an embassy),...

#graduate-school #international #college #diplomat

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Mar 16 77 views

What do History Graduate Programs look for in their applicant?

How much do history grad programs weigh GPA vs Test Score vs Personal Statement? And what kind of work/internship experience do they look for/if any? #graduate-school...

#history

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Mar 16 209 views

Does this recession mean I might not be able to get a job when I graduate?

I am currently an architecture student with a planned graduation in 2022, what does the #covid19 recession mean for the job market in regards to architecture? I was intending to practice for a few years before going to grad school, but does this mean I should start considering/planning to go to...

#graduate-school #architecture #architect #job

Abdiel L.’s Avatar
Abdiel L. Mar 04 114 views

How difficult is it for a recent high school grad to get hired for a job?

Let's say I just graduated and never had a job before, will it be possible to get a job? #graduate-school...

#first-job