Career Questions tagged Graduate School

Once a student earns a bachelors degree, they are eligible to attend a graduate program. There is a Master's degree, Doctoral Degree, Juris Doctor Degree, Doctor of Medicine Degree, and...

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Mar 26 156 views

Is it okay to cold email professors who I'd like to do graduate research with?

It's time to think about applying for graduate school! I want to email some professors to learn more about their research group and fields of study. Is that acceptable or might it count against me in the application process? #phd #graduate-school #research #grad-school #applications #physics...

#laser-physics #optics #academia #particle-physics

Donovan C.’s Avatar
Donovan C. Mar 18 98 views

Is the job market good for marketing?

I am a middle school student and I took a quiz in class that told me marketing would be a good career choice for me. #school #student #graduate-school #high-school-classes #college...

#marketing

Tamara F.’s Avatar
Tamara F. Sep 04, 2020 149 views

What is your dream school?

My dream school is Harvard University .#graduate-school...

#medical-school

Amy L.’s Avatar
Amy L. May 04, 2020 221 views

Preparing for grad school in Epidemiology

I am a second-year college student interested in getting a Ph.D. in Epidemiology. Is this a good field to go into? What should I do in college to prepare for grad school in epidemiology--should I take graduate-level classes if they are available to undergrads at my school? Is doing an honors...

#epidemiology #graduate #graduate-school #publichealth

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 607 views

What's the best and most cost efficient option of Grad school for film / screenwriting students?

I'm months away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and Film & Video Production. My career goal is to become a fiction author and Screenwriter. I'm currently considering several universities to get my Master's in Screenwriting including, Boston University, Loyola...

#choosing-a-college #college #graduate-school #film-production #screenwriting #entertainment #jesussaves #student #graduating #job #career #college-major #producer #filmmaker

Junia P.’s Avatar
Junia P. Nov 12, 2019 133 views

Do you provide clinical rotation for FNP student?

I'm a FNP student, I would like to find a preceptor for clinical rotation....

#graduate-school

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 204 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

#medicine #social-work #college #research #graduate-school #psychiatry #admissions #grad-school #psychology #sociology #applications #phd #communications

Jennifer M.’s Avatar
Jennifer M. Aug 23, 2019 124 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Aug 07, 2019 214 views

In what situation can you list a degree you're working on as your title?

For example, I'm applying to graduate school in psychology this semester. By the time I attend the graduate program, I will have completed my B.A. However, on my applications, should I list myself as "Alexandra C., B.A." or not? The only similar situation I can think of is people who have...

#bachelors #graduate-school #psychology #applications #college-admissions

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 1368 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#college #research #graduate-school #application #interview #doctorate #grad-school #psychology #graduate #phd

Christina R.’s Avatar
Christina R. Jan 31, 2019 270 views

Looking for advice on graduate school

I graduated with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Business Administration about two years ago. For the past several years, I've been working in direct care. I have experience caring for adults with severe mental illnesses, and my current job involves working with emotionally disturbed...

#psychologist #psychology #graduate-school #business

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 231 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

#architect #graduate-school #graduate

Jennifer M.’s Avatar
Jennifer M. Jul 06, 2019 282 views
Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Jun 07, 2019 223 views

I'm interesting in getting a master's or PhD degree in Architecture History, what are my options?

I'm currently an architecture student pursuing a B.Arch but I'm interesting in eventually studying architecture history more specifically, are there any departments/programs that offer a master's of PhD in that specialization or would I have to go through a more general Art History program?...

#architecture #history #graduate-school

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 264 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

#graduate-school #europe #science #study-abroad #masters #ecology #environmental-science #austria #germany

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 240 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 249 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 286 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

cecilio A.’s Avatar
cecilio A. Nov 30, 2018 205 views
Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Nov 12, 2018 390 views

How to Structure and Write a great Statement of Purpose for Graduate School?

Hi, I am a mechanical engineering senior interested in applying for grad school for next fall. I understand that schools want a statement of purpose/essay detailing why I want to apply for the program, my interests, my experience, etc. I'm interested in design and manufacturing engineering and...

#additivemanufacturing #civil-engineering #designengineering #engineer #college #graduate-school #design #manufacturingengineering #programming #electricalengineering #highereducation #engineering #computerengineering #mechanicalengineering #graduatelevel