Career Questions tagged Graduate School

Once a student earns a bachelors degree, they are eligible to attend a graduate program. There is a Master's degree, Doctoral Degree, Juris Doctor Degree, Doctor of Medicine Degree, and...

King’s Avatar
King 1 hour ago

Am I wrong?

I realized that my suoervisor does not respect me, my identity, my work ethis, nor my intellect aming so many other things. He is an arrogant (bleep) who views me as a puppet. So, I applied for another position within the university and I hope there is no bad blood, though I realy could care...

Michelle’s Avatar
Michelle Sep 02 83 views

Letters of Recommendation

I have just started my grad school application for Genetic Counseling but am not very confident regarding the 3 letters of recommendation I need to gather. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and my own social anxiety, I have had a hard time making any connections with professors. Classes have around...

Jeongmin’s Avatar
Jeongmin Jun 26 177 views

Graduate school funding - any tips for students with gap years caused by covid-19/family responsibilities?

I wish to go to graduate school, hopefully finishing my PhD one day, returning to universities to teach students and research further into what intrigues me. However, financially, I am not capable of funding my studies while supporting my family as well. Do you have any advice for those who are...

Anita’s Avatar
Anita May 06 180 views

Can you take prerequisite courses at a community college whilst in high school?

Just wondering if this would be possible- I understand it might vary on the school.

R’s Avatar
R Apr 06 241 views

How important are extra-curricular activities and like student clubs, volunteering etc to getting into med school? I'm a bit worried because in my first year of university I just focused on school and didn't join any clubs yet.

Yeah like the title says, I feel a bit behind the curve because although I have a good GPA from my first year, my resume and professional life are kind of lacking in regards to some of my peers. I do plan on volunteering and trying to get coop jobs this summer and of course later on in...

Anita’s Avatar
Anita Mar 25 253 views

What does the path from High School to Medical School look like?

I'm currently a sophomore in high school and was wondering that once the time comes- how would I begin my path to Medical School?

Jenna Villa’s Avatar
Jenna Mar 04 192 views

Should I go to grad school?

Hi! I'm a sophomore Public Health major. I'm interested in epidemiology and biostatistics therefore, in the near future, I would like a career in that field. Would that job market require me to get a Master's degree? Or can I get a job without one? Is a Master's degree worth it? #graduate-school

Esmeralda’s Avatar
Esmeralda Mar 03 167 views

Is it possible to be a nurse after you graduate?

I mean there is some schools that when you graduate you can be a nurse, but I'm not sure if all schools allow that
#graduate-school #nurse

E’s Avatar
E Feb 18 241 views

(College Student) Have you ever heard of TRiO at your school? Tell me about your experience with it?

#college #college-advice #graduate-school #TRiO #support

humberto’s Avatar
humberto Dec 09, 2021 235 views

what steps should i take on becoming an electrician?

im a high school graduate and working to get a career. #graduate-school #career #tech

Oscar’s Avatar
Oscar Nov 30, 2021 225 views

how to get a lot of money

#college #graduate-school #finance

Teriyana’s Avatar
Teriyana Nov 29, 2021 437 views

Tips for getting into a top - rated college for Masters degree program?

I am interested in applying for schools on the east and west coast for my masters degree (MFT). Does anyone have tips on how to be successful in the application process? #college-admissions #college-advice #college-major #graduate-school #college #graduate

Kin’s Avatar
Kin Nov 16, 2021 185 views

How do I become an MLT without accumulating more student loans?

#student-loans
#master's student #graduate-school #medical career #medicine #debt #medical lab technician #healthcare

jocelyn’s Avatar
jocelyn Nov 04, 2021 248 views

How to stay motivated in school?

I am a senior in high school and I need tips to stay motivated in school and always doing my work? #school #graduate-school #help #motivated #tips

Taleah’s Avatar
Taleah Nov 04, 2021 226 views

Would you go to cosmetology school or business school first ? Why or why not ?

#graduate-school #cosmetology #business

Fady’s Avatar
Fady Oct 11, 2021 261 views

What school do I have to get into to make Vaccines and Drug?

#high-school #college-admissions #college #graduate-school #sports #medicine #pharmacy #chemistry #chemist #vaccinology #Drugs #Technology #Rutgers #PharmaD/MD #Harvard #Princeton #Brown #Medical Field #doctor #hospital-and-health-care

hargun’s Avatar
hargun Sep 15, 2021 429 views

How do I become a string applicant when applying for masters in Nursing?

I graduate in May 2022 and I want to get a year of experience before applying for masters in nursing and was wondering what I can do to ensure my success in the application process

#graduate-school #healthcare #nurse #nursing #college #masters #registered-nurses

hargun’s Avatar
hargun Sep 15, 2021 220 views

Any tips for a new graduate nurse (RN) looking for jobs?

I graduate in May 2022 and am terrified of whether or not I will be able to get a job. As an international student, me staying in America is dependent on that

#nursing #graduate-school #job #healthcare

Leo’s Avatar
Leo Sep 14, 2021 342 views

Is it worth it to get a degree vs trade school?

#college #college-admissions #college-advice #graduate-school #degree #masters #school #trade-school #highschool #van

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Aug 29, 2021 351 views

Will I be able to take a masters degree even if im just a fresh grad and dont have a license in architecture yet?

#architect #architecture #graduate-school #career

isabella’s Avatar
isabella Jul 07, 2021 278 views

What should i do to get aheaD IN SCHOOL

#college #graduate-school

Deborah’s Avatar
Deborah Jul 01, 2021 219 views

What are tips on graduating highschool early?

I am currently a sophomore & I want to graduate highschool early to get a head start on my medical career. #medicine #graduate-school #college

Autumn’s Avatar
Autumn Jun 23, 2021 232 views

What are some good and interesting college majors?

I am a 16 year old graduating senior. I graduate in 2 days. I’m a cancer. I’m Puerto Rican, German, Italian and Irish. I sing and I like to write music.
#graduate-school #astrology #cancer #hispanica

Kenya’s Avatar
Kenya Jun 22, 2021 329 views

Will I receive help with my career once I graduate?

I plan on becoming a psychiatrist and I want to know what I will be offered once I finish Job Corps? I am currently doing rehabilitation technician trade classes. #job #psychology #career-counseling #graduate-school #career #scholarship

ariana’s Avatar
ariana Jun 17, 2021 283 views

How to pursue your career after you graduate college?

#career #graduate #graduate-school #career-choice

Zainab’s Avatar
Zainab Jun 13, 2021 379 views

What is algebra

/School #graduate-school

Italy’s Avatar
Italy Jun 02, 2021 755 views

Do you have to go to medical school to be an athletic trainer?

I would like to know how many years of school are required to qualify for a degree that deals with sports medicine. #medical-school #graduate-school #college

Jenniyah’s Avatar
Jenniyah May 26, 2021 220 views

Is taking notes really useful and worth it for medical school?

#graduate-school #university

Abby’s Avatar
Abby Mar 31, 2021 421 views

Is there anything I should know before committing to an online Master’s degree program in medical laboratory science?

Hello! I’m a junior at Johnson & Wales University and my goal is to become ASCP certified in medical lab science and work as a lab technologist. The most realistic next step for me is to attend an online program in MLS, either post-baccalaureate certificate or Master’s degree. I am hesitant...

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Mar 26, 2021 465 views

Is it okay to cold email professors who I'd like to do graduate research with?

It's time to think about applying for graduate school! I want to email some professors to learn more about their research group and fields of study. Is that acceptable or might it count against me in the application process? #PhD #graduate-school #research #grad-school #applications #physics...