Career Questions tagged Graduate School

Once a student earns a bachelors degree, they are eligible to attend a graduate program. There is a Master's degree, Doctoral Degree, Juris Doctor Degree, Doctor of Medicine Degree, and...

Ram L.’s Avatar
Ram L. Nov 26 40 views

How different would a path be for someone wanting to do data science work by taking a graduate program in Business Analytics instead of the traditional Data Science path?

Hi, I'm a Computer Science graduate. I'm planning for a Master's program and the Business Analytics program looks interesting, but most programs are 10months, comparing that with a MSCS programs? How different of a job role would it be. Thanks. #computer-science #business #graduate-school...

#masters-program #business-analytics

Junia P.’s Avatar
Junia P. Nov 12 10 views

Do you provide clinical rotation for FNP student?

I'm a FNP student, I would like to find a preceptor for clinical rotation....

#graduate-school

Kristen S.’s Avatar
Kristen S. Oct 03 33 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16 40 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

#research #admissions #phd #medicine #social-work #communications #grad-school #psychology #psychiatry #applications #college #sociology #graduate-school

Jennifer M.’s Avatar
Jennifer M. Aug 23 28 views

What classes do I need to work in Education Administration?

I'm a high school graduate who wants to seek a career in administration. #education #career...

#graduate-school

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Aug 07 61 views

In what situation can you list a degree you're working on as your title?

For example, I'm applying to graduate school in psychology this semester. By the time I attend the graduate program, I will have completed my B.A. However, on my applications, should I list myself as "Alexandra C., B.A." or not? The only similar situation I can think of is people who have...

#bachelors #college-admissions #psychology #applications #graduate-school

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29 77 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#research #phd #application #graduate #grad-school #interview #psychology #college #doctorate #graduate-school

Christina R.’s Avatar
Christina R. Jan 31 150 views

Looking for advice on graduate school

I graduated with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Business Administration about two years ago. For the past several years, I've been working in direct care. I have experience caring for adults with severe mental illnesses, and my current job involves working with emotionally disturbed...

#psychologist #business #psychology #graduate-school

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08 62 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

#graduate #architect #graduate-school

Jennifer M.’s Avatar
Jennifer M. Jul 06 91 views
Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Jun 07 93 views

I'm interesting in getting a master's or PhD degree in Architecture History, what are my options?

I'm currently an architecture student pursuing a B.Arch but I'm interesting in eventually studying architecture history more specifically, are there any departments/programs that offer a master's of PhD in that specialization or would I have to go through a more general Art History program?...

#architecture #graduate-school #history

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24 91 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

#science #austria #ecology #environmental-science #graduate-school #germany #masters #study-abroad #europe

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24 102 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24 121 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24 93 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

cecilio A.’s Avatar
cecilio A. Nov 30, 2018 125 views

what type of schooling do you have?

did you go to school...

#graduate-school

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Nov 12, 2018 226 views

How to Structure and Write a great Statement of Purpose for Graduate School?

Hi, I am a mechanical engineering senior interested in applying for grad school for next fall. I understand that schools want a statement of purpose/essay detailing why I want to apply for the program, my interests, my experience, etc. I'm interested in design and manufacturing engineering and...

#engineering #engineer #manufacturingengineering #designengineering #highereducation #civil-engineering #electricalengineering #programming #design #graduatelevel #computerengineering #mechanicalengineering #college #graduate-school #additivemanufacturing

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Oct 30, 2018 135 views

Do global internships benefit you when it comes to veterinary school applications??

I'm currently an undergraduate looking to apply to vet school in a few years. I know that having relevant experience is crucial, so I've been applying for lots of internships. I fond some summer opportunities abroad, but there are steep program fees and I'm wondering if entry into these would...

#research #resume #vet-school #science #job #grad-school #work #college #application #admissions #internship #veterinary-school #veterinary #veterinarian #global #graduate-school

jessica G.’s Avatar
jessica G. Oct 28, 2018 134 views

How do I gain entry-level experience with K-12 students

I am applying to Cal State Northridge for their master's degree in school psychology. My background is working with intellectually and developmentally delayed adults. However, I have never worked with K-12 how do I get started? If I don't have that experience it does not disqualify me. However,...

#graduate-school

Sahonara G.’s Avatar
Sahonara G. Oct 14, 2018 180 views

Funding Graduate School

Is there a financial aid database specifically for individuals attempting to go to graduate school? #graduate-school #financial-aid...

#scholarship