Career Questions tagged Grants

Autumn G.’s Avatar
Autumn G. Aug 16, 2018 144 views
Makenzie O.’s Avatar
Makenzie O. Aug 03, 2018 155 views

Graduate School Scholarships and Grants

I learned that I was going to be continuing my education late July, which is very late to start applying for scholarships and grants. Does anyone have any advice about where to go to apply for scholarships or grants that are still open? #scholarships #grants...

#gradschool

Bethany M.’s Avatar
Bethany M. Jul 26, 2018 142 views

Where is the best online resource to find legitimate scholarships and grants?

There are so many scams out there it's hard to know the work that you are doing has the actual potential to help finance your degree. #grants #...

Anisa K.’s Avatar
Anisa K. Apr 23, 2018 138 views

Scholarships or educational grants?

My guardian's income is less than $10,000 and I know that in order to go to any 4 year college I will need a lot of money somehow. I can't soley rely on my part-time job, financial aid, or merit based scholarships alone. So is it better to invest my time into educational grants or award...

#scholarships #tuition #money #grants

Nia M.’s Avatar
Nia M. Jan 16, 2018 195 views

I’m class of 2019 and I genuinely don’t know when I need to start applying to college, what will guarantee a full ride or where to find scholarships that will cover everything for school.

I want to go to a really prestigious school and I know my family has no money to put towards my education. A helpful grant or something similar is what I need but I feel like i’m under qualified and I don’t know where to find them. #college #college-admissions #financial-aid #grants...

#scholarships

Ian D.’s Avatar
Ian D. Mar 20, 2018 156 views

Not sure where else to get scholarships, grants, etc?

So I'm transferring for the fall semester and the cost is quite a bit. I got a 5700$ cal grant, and I'm trying to get a CalVet tuition waiver, but beyond that I still have high 'associated fees' and of course Room and Board. Basically, if I don't end up getting the CalVet tuition waiver I'll be...

#scholarships #financial-aid #grants

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Dec 20, 2017 398 views

What are some reliable websites or places that provide students with resources such as scholarships, grants, etc?

I'm no different from many other college students in terms of realizing that going to college is quite expensive. Most of us find ourselves struggling to find financial aid and resources that will allow us to pursue our chosen profession. As a grad student, I've had to apply for loans and I...

#student #cyber-security #graduate-school #scholarships #financial-aid #grants

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Dec 15, 2017 467 views
Caylin M.’s Avatar
Caylin M. Sep 28, 2017 297 views

What are some sites to look at for scholarships?

Money gets tight, when you are in college. #scholarships...

#grants

Yadiel O.’s Avatar
Yadiel O. Sep 28, 2017 234 views

What is the best way to recieve grants and scholarships to be able to go to school?

I'm asking because I'm trying to go back to school and I'm afraid I won't get enough money for financial aid. #scholarships...

#grants

Zachariah  B.’s Avatar
Zachariah B. Sep 01, 2017 368 views

What is the best way to find grants to help pay for college?

I am asking, because I need help meeting ends for my college funding. #chemistry #grants...

#student-loans

Sarah P.’s Avatar
Sarah P. Sep 01, 2017 238 views

How can you maximize scholarship money?

I want to make my college career affordable and I don't want to be drowning in student loans after I graduate! #money #scholarships #grants #tuition...

#merit

tiffany C.’s Avatar
tiffany C. Sep 01, 2017 172 views

How do i get my college paid for without a lot of debt and low unweighted GPA?

I do not have a Florida prepaid college plan so i would have to come up with my own way of making money. what are some great places to look fr easy scholarships or grants to apply for to get most of my college paid for? #grants #scholarships...

#funding

Amanda S.’s Avatar
Amanda S. May 25, 2016 423 views

How do I find grants for opening a nursery school after I finish by BA

I would like to have a nursery school for under 3 years old. I would like to find out how to search for monies to start this business. #business #school #grants #early-childhood-education #owners #private...

#nursery

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 07, 2016 395 views

What is the best way to pay off university especially when you will be there for a long time?

I want to hopefully become an OB/GYN one day which is a doctor specializing in prenatal and women's health studies. This career path takes some 12 years of education to even become licensed so I need the least cost burdening method to paying off university. #university #scholarships...

#obstetrics #gynecology #student-loans #grants

Claire L.’s Avatar
Claire L. Oct 29, 2016 438 views

How much freedom do college physics professors have when determining their topics of research?

I understand that most college professors seek funding from national organizations for their research by writing grants. If you receive the grant, how much freedom do you have in determining how you use the money in your research? Does the organization tell you what they want you to research...

#research #professors #physics #researchers #grants

Anita M.’s Avatar
Anita M. Aug 28, 2016 521 views

What is FAFSA?

Hey there so I had a few questions about FAFSA and what it is and when I should apply? I'm a freshman in highschool but I want to get a head start but I don't know if right now is too early. #college #university #college-admissions #financial-aid #grants...

#fafsa

Sandra S.’s Avatar
Sandra S. Jul 19, 2016 313 views

Is where you choose to do your practicum extremely important, or is taking the first available spot equally beneficial?

I am earning my Bachelors of Science in Education and will soon need to begin my practicum. I have been given the TEACH grant which needs to be repaid through employment at a Title I school. Would it benefit me to attempt to secure a practicum spot at the place I hope to teach once my...

#teacher #teaching #internships #practicum #educator #education #grants

Kyana J.’s Avatar
Kyana J. May 29, 2016 375 views

How can i recieve a grant?

I want to get a grant because I know you don't have to pay them back. #graduate #financial-aid...

#grants

isaiah K.’s Avatar
isaiah K. May 27, 2016 500 views

I live in PA and im looking at college in FL. should I apply for financial aid in PA or FL?

Trying my best to set the example for my siblings. Im also trying to figure out financial aid for college. Still new to this so any help is better than none. #college #money #scholarships #financial-aid...

#grants

isaiah K.’s Avatar
isaiah K. May 27, 2016 361 views

My dad's a single, disabled veteran and we live on 836 a month. what would be the best way to apply for scholarships and grants?

I'm trying to get the money together so i can start college in FL, it's 54,000 for the whole course and im just trying to figure out the best way to approach this situation. I'm the oldest of my siblings and relatively new to this. I want to set the example and be able to help my younger...

#florida #disability #single-parent #scholarships #veterans #grants

Gisela P.’s Avatar
Gisela P. May 27, 2016 365 views

What are the best options for financial aid so late in the year?

It is already may and I still have yet to receive a single dollar that I can put towards my tuition. I was so focused on taking my IB tests that I did not want to mess with scholarships and now I can't afford college. I start at UT in the fall, and I'm terrified that I won't be able to pay for...

#finance #scholarships #money #financial-aid #grants

Kaitlin H.’s Avatar
Kaitlin H. May 24, 2016 355 views

After committing to my College of choice I have found out that I can not afford it. Are there any steps I can take that will help me pursue getting additional help in order to attend ? Scholarship and grants have not worked in my favor as of yet?

I ask because I have pretty much put all my eggs in one basket, after being accepted I went ahead and committed, paying my deposit and housing fee,waiting on financial aid only to find out I didn't get much aid (although my parents don't make that much money) I guess I was over estimating that...

#scholarships #financial-aid #grants

Sam T.’s Avatar
Sam T. May 21, 2016 474 views

How do you apply for scholarships and grants?

I've been looking into scholarships (for high school students) and am having trouble finding ones that I can apply for. How can I find ones that I can apply for?Are there scholarships that will be offered to me instead of me having to find them? How do people normally get scholarships and...

#scholarships #application #grants

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. May 17, 2016 794 views

I've applied for many scholarships, but haven't won any yet. What other financial support can I find to help me pay for college?

My family supports my education and are proud of me for pursuing an engineering degree. College is very expensive though, and my parents and I are going to be in debt for many years if I can't find some external financial support. My parents are retired and live on a fixed income, so any...

#scholarships #scholarship #financial-aid #grants

sherika R.’s Avatar
sherika R. May 13, 2016 555 views

How do you support yourself while in the nursing program?

I'm asking this because I start the nursing program in the fall. I have a full time job that I now have to cut my hours and lose my benefits. And I don't have any other support. My student loans are also in default status, but I am doing a payment plan on them. But I am not eligible for finical...

#jobs #loans #scholarships #college #grants #banking #nursing #financial