Career Questions tagged Loans

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19 281 views

How much time does it really take to pay off student debt?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

student-loans loans money debt finances paying-for-college

Aubrey A.’s Avatar
Aubrey A. Aug 22, 2018 354 views

Has anyone done their loan forgiveness through the Peace Corps?

I want to focus on water conservation and preservation while I am in school. After I graduate, I have been thinking about joining the peace corps for loan forgiveness program. Has anyone taken this route for forgiveness, and if so how was your experience? Do you have any pointers?...

student-loans money loanforgiveness peacecorps loan loans paying-for-college finance

Joi I.’s Avatar
Joi I. Apr 05, 2018 483 views

How much student loans can I take with a mechanical engineering starting salary

I am a mechanical engineering sophomore and I recently learned my parent can only contribute about 5% of my college finances. What is an affordable, realistic amount I can take out in student loans so I don't drown in student debt? For more information, I live in New Jersey and my dream job...

money debt student-debt mechanical-engineering loans engineer engineering financial-aid scared

Joyce C.’s Avatar
Joyce C. Oct 30, 2018 498 views

What is the typical breakdown of loans versus grants?

I was thinking about applying for a loan but I am not sure I will be eligible for one, how do I go about figuring this out? student-loans college loans finance...

money

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Sep 18, 2018 396 views

What are the best loans to take out?

The scholarships I have are extremely helpful but they won't pay for the full tuition cost. I'm an extremely low-income student so I already know I'm eligible for many student loans. Which loans have the best qualities and which loans should be my absolutely last option? student-loans college...

loans money

Vanessa E.’s Avatar
Vanessa E. Aug 30, 2018 360 views
Keely L.’s Avatar
Keely L. Aug 29, 2018 404 views

Is a Parent Plus Loan the best option?

I am overwhelmed by loans and I can't tell which one is the best for me! college loans...

stress

Mar'Shauna J.’s Avatar
Mar'Shauna J. Aug 29, 2018 297 views

What is the best way to take out student loans without going in debt ?

how do I avoid going in to debt when taking out loans ?...

loans

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Aug 28, 2018 366 views

What's the most important thing when it comes to preparing to get a student loan?

Is there a certain loan I should ask for? Is there any reason that I wouldn't be able to get a loan from a bank? student-loans...

loans

Hannah B.’s Avatar
Hannah B. Aug 21, 2018 403 views

What is the interest rate for federal loans?

Is there an interest rate for federal loans and is it applied immediately or only after a certain amount of time after student status has ended? college student...

loans

Jahlil A.’s Avatar
Jahlil A. Aug 15, 2018 261 views

How fast should I pay off my student loans?

If my loans are on a fixed rate is their anyway I could pay it all at once or will I have to stay with the monthly rate?...

loans

Camilo Z.’s Avatar
Camilo Z. Aug 12, 2018 317 views

Are student loans as scary as some make it seem?

I’m worried I won’t be able to get a good job after college to be able to pay back the loans. I’ve heard horror stories of people paying $900 just on interest rates. college loans #...

job-search

Sierra G.’s Avatar
Sierra G. Aug 11, 2018 400 views

Will I have to take out student loans?

I am really stressing about the thought of taking out student loans. I will not be living in campus dorms (I have to live at home to take care of my mom) , so I won't have to worry about dorm fees. I am a fairly smart person, I'm first in my class and I am planning on being valedictorian, but...

students loans college collegehelp advice studentloans student

Tranautica W.’s Avatar
Tranautica W. Apr 19, 2018 438 views

How do I pay for college once i get in

I got in to Jarivis but I have no Idea how to pay money $finance college scholarships loans financial-aid fafsa...

paying-for-college

Jorge P.’s Avatar
Jorge P. Apr 20, 2018 391 views

What is the best way to pay for my college?

There are multiple ways including bank loans, federal loans, financial aid, scholarships subsidized and subsidized loans, etc and I am not sure which is the best. finance college financial-aid scholarships loans...

fafsa

Grace V.’s Avatar
Grace V. Apr 30, 2018 579 views

What is the best route for me to take to achieve my goals and reach my full potential?

I really want to go into medicine but worry about the cost of school and I do NOT want to graduate with hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I also don't know how to choose my under grad school and worry that if I don't pick the right school it will be harder to get into med or...

vet college choosing-a-college veterinary howtodecide medicine healthcare debt medschool loans vetschool financial-aid doctor

Dylan L.’s Avatar
Dylan L. Jul 25, 2018 332 views

What is the easiest way to alleviate student loans?

I am wondering what tips would be useful to know before I enter collage so I can pay off the loan before interest starts building. financial-planning loans finance...

student-loans

Laura W.’s Avatar
Laura W. May 23, 2018 512 views

How do I get portions/all of my student loans forgiven?

Are there companies that offer to forgive student loans for hired professional? studentloans student loanforgiveness loans debt student-loans finance...

financial-advising

Mikala H.’s Avatar
Mikala H. Jul 10, 2018 340 views

How do student loans work and how do I choose the best one?

This never seems to come up in college discussions and I'm a bit lost in the process. student studentloans money loans finance financial-aid student-loans...

college

Isaiah C.’s Avatar
Isaiah C. May 31, 2018 397 views

Finding loans

Where should I look to get loans for college? It's unlikely that I'll be able to get enough scholarships to pay entirely for college, and I'm not sure where to find reasonable loans loans college financial-aid...

student-loans