Career Questions tagged Application

Jolleen R.’s Avatar
Jolleen R. Aug 12 74 views

If job applications have a section to upload your Resume, but don't have a section to upload your Cover Letter, do you attach the Cover Letter to your Resume?

Not sure if every company has separate sections for uploading Resumes and Cover Letters, but I've ran into both situations and wasn't sure if you're supposed to attach the cover letter when there is only an "Upload Resume" section. #coverletter #resume #application...

#job-application

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29 64 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#psychology #application #interview #college #doctorate #grad-school #research #graduate-school #graduate #phd

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Oct 30, 2018 123 views

Do global internships benefit you when it comes to veterinary school applications??

I'm currently an undergraduate looking to apply to vet school in a few years. I know that having relevant experience is crucial, so I've been applying for lots of internships. I fond some summer opportunities abroad, but there are steep program fees and I'm wondering if entry into these would...

#job #resume #admissions #vet-school #application #work #veterinary-school #research #veterinarian #internship #science #global #college #veterinary #grad-school #graduate-school

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Sep 29, 2018 185 views

How important are clubs/extracurricular activities in comparison to coursework or internships??

Does joining clubs or extracurricular activities during your years as an undergraduate significantly impact your resume or chances at graduate school or is it better to keep that to a minimum and focus on getting work experience and taking a rigorous course load?? # #college #grad-school...

#college-advice #job #internship #resume #application #vet-school #veterinary-school #graduate-school #college-admissions #veterinarian

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Sep 29, 2018 147 views

Is it more beneficial to have unpaid internships and more of a variety of experience or paid work with strong connections, but not as much of a variety of experience??

I'm hoping to make my future applications to veterinary school as strong as possible and I'm wondering if paid work is given more consideration even if it isn't necessarily as varied as having multiple unpaid internships in a range of sub-fields. # #internship #volunteer #college #vet-school...

#resume #application #veterinary-school #experience #veterinarian

Timothy K.’s Avatar
Timothy K. Aug 23, 2018 147 views

On college applications, should I include all of my community service, or should I just include the things that meant the most?

I am wondering if community service gets redundant after so much of it and then if it may be better for me to include all of it on my applications. Should I just include the most recent things, and the things that impacted me the most? #application...

#volunteer

Joseph Z.’s Avatar
Joseph Z. Aug 17, 2018 125 views

When is usually the latest you should decide what college to go to?

I'll be a senior in high school next year, and I've been on the fence on whether to start at a local community college or at a 4-year college roughly 55 miles away. I want to wait and see how many scholarships I will be awarded before I decide. Thanks! #application #student...

#scholarships

Madaline M.’s Avatar
Madaline M. Aug 05, 2018 190 views

How could I make my application look appealing to my dream college?

I want to go to Western Washington University #application...

#college-applications

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. Aug 12, 2018 115 views

Should I apply to a school that barely offers scholarship? Even if I have a decent change of getting in?

Rhode Island School of Design is one of my top schools that I'd like to attend. However, as they are a top art school of the country, they don't offer merit scholarships at all, only financial ones. Should I still apply anyway? I feel like I have a good chance of getting in, just not sure if I...

#art-school #application #tuition

Rissa F.’s Avatar
Rissa F. Apr 19, 2018 163 views

What are things I should do if I want to get into a Grad School?

I want to get into a Grad School later, so I want to know about things I should be doing now to help me with that. #graduate-school #admissions #grad-school #college #graduate...

#application

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 195 views

How to write a resume for an internship?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #resume...

#application #interning #internship #applications

Sam T.’s Avatar
Sam T. May 21, 2016 561 views

What do colleges and universities look for in applicants?

I've always been told that you should be a "well-rounded" person if you want to get accepted to a good college, but that has never made sense to me. If I was a part of a college board I'd want students that excelled in a field that they are passionate about and would rather them be great in...

#college-admissions #university #students #application #college

Hannah R.’s Avatar
Hannah R. Jan 17, 2018 155 views

What is a good way to make your application stand out better for scholarships?

I want to go to my dream school but I currently I can't afford to go, so I need to get all the scholarships I can so I can achieve my goal. #scholarships #dreamcollege...

#application

Nicole D.’s Avatar
Nicole D. Sep 01, 2017 212 views

How can I make sure to keep applying to scholarships organized?

I'm really having a hard time keeping all the scholarships I'm applying for organized. I'm not organizing well. #organizing #scholarships #application due...

Mitra D.’s Avatar
Mitra D. Aug 06, 2015 1450 views
Nicole R.’s Avatar
Nicole R. May 26, 2016 417 views

Preparing for Medical School, what should I focus on the most?

I understand that grades, GPA, and test scores are extremely important when applying for medical school, or anything medical for that matter. I also know that they like to look at 'unique' characteristics that make the applicant stand out, like taking a different major than the generic ones....

#healthcare #medicine #medical #application #college

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Oct 16, 2016 1832 views

How important is the National Honor Society?

I was recently nominated to apply for the national honor society at my high school. I was wondering if I can get an answer about what are some important things that they do. I already understand that that it helps out a lot in a community and that it looks great on a college application....

#help #national-honor-society #importance #advice #application

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 18, 2016 500 views

Would it be better to apply to a college with a business or a premedical interest?

I know it is possible to switch majors, so is one of these options more desirable to a college in an applicant? #college #college-major #college-admissions...

#application

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 18, 2016 591 views

How beneficial are weeklong leadership summer camps in college applications?

I am planning on attending a few short summer programs and I was wondering if these could potentially help my college resume. #college #college-admissions #admissions #application...

#summer

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 02, 2016 462 views

What are important factors in accepted college applications to the Ivy League?

A dream would be to be accepted to an Ivy League university and I was wondering what would be important in an acceptance. #college #college-bound #ivy-league #application...

#college-essay

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 02, 2016 665 views

How important is having a job in college admissions?

I have a part-time job while in high school and I was wondering if it would improve my college application. #college #job #application #part-time...

#occupation

Cristian G.’s Avatar
Cristian G. May 27, 2016 558 views

When applying for a job, is it necessary to have every popular social app? such as facebook or twitter

Im a chemical engineering student in my senior year and i have every social but Facebook and twitter are the least i use. Im very active on snapchat, instagram, and linked in. Will a "recruiter", not sure what they are called, be asking for any social app? #college #engineering #engineer #job...

#social #application #apply #interviews

Lissy S.’s Avatar
Lissy S. May 27, 2016 658 views

With a busy after school schedule what are some things that stand out in college applications that are not school affiliated?

It's a well known fact that colleges look for many extracurricular activities while viewing an individual's application. At my school I am involved with the drama club and due to the intense schedule of productions, whenever I have free time in the year it is at an awkward time (only December,...

#admissions #extracurriculars #application #clubs #college

Atenas O.’s Avatar
Atenas O. May 24, 2016 309 views

Should I apply to early admission even though I do not sufficient money to pay for the college and would rely heavily on financial aid?

I was wondering whether it is safe to apply to a college early admission even though I do not have sufficient money to pay for it. I don't want to be in a situation where I get to a college, can't afford it, so I have to take many loans. #college #financial-aid #application...

#early-action

Sam T.’s Avatar
Sam T. May 21, 2016 474 views

How do you apply for scholarships and grants?

I've been looking into scholarships (for high school students) and am having trouble finding ones that I can apply for. How can I find ones that I can apply for?Are there scholarships that will be offered to me instead of me having to find them? How do people normally get scholarships and...

#scholarships #application #grants

Conor D.’s Avatar
Conor D. May 20, 2016 427 views

Is it too late to find a summer internship?

I'm still trying to find an internship in data analytics and computer science and haven't had much luck. #science #computer #internships #application...

#summer