Career Questions tagged Application

Devon S.’s Avatar
Devon S. Nov 24 16 views

What is the CEEB code for Teachers College, Columbia University?

I am applying to doctoral programs and the application asks for a CEEB code for each university I have attended. For all my other schools, the CEEB code was found by entering the name of the school but teachers college is not recognized. I know the code differs from columbia univeristy. I have...

#application #gradschool

Alex B.’s Avatar
Alex B. Nov 19 52 views

How do you begin the graduate school search as a physics major?

I am a current junior in college planning to graduate next year, and am looking for advice on how to begin the search for schools. #career-path #physics #graduateschool #gradschool #application #school #college #astronomy...

#junior

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14 64 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? #student #psychology #application #clinicalpsychology #graduateschool #professor #students...

#graduate

Karoline V.’s Avatar
Karoline V. Aug 26 79 views

What do colleges look at?

What's the most important part of the application? #college...

#application

Chloe T.’s Avatar
Chloe T. Jul 17 102 views

What can I do virtually to build up my OT grad school application?

Hi! I hoping to study OT in the future for grad school. However, due to COVID-19, I am not planning to volunteer at the hospital or old folks home. May I know what other things I can do virtually to build up a stronger OT grad school application? Thank you and I hope you are all staying safe!...

#schools #occupationaltherapy #application #graduate-school #july20

Price B.’s Avatar
Price B. Jul 17 109 views
Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jun 02 250 views

How to ask for references?

I've been applying for volunteer and job positions for the summers and ALL of them require references and past employers. Although I have a strong list of teachers and a few past employers, my list is pretty short. (All my positions were long term, I have more quality than quantity) I feel bad...

#references #application #job #resume

charlotte H.’s Avatar
charlotte H. Mar 07 228 views

Most Important Part to an Internship Application

I realize not all industries or jobs are alike, but I think it'd be worthwhile to ask. When applying to a summer internship and including my resume, cover letter, and letter of recommendation- which of these 3 do you find to be the most valuable/important? #internship #resume #job...

#application

Jolleen R.’s Avatar
Jolleen R. Aug 12, 2019 273 views

If job applications have a section to upload your Resume, but don't have a section to upload your Cover Letter, do you attach the Cover Letter to your Resume?

Not sure if every company has separate sections for uploading Resumes and Cover Letters, but I've ran into both situations and wasn't sure if you're supposed to attach the cover letter when there is only an "Upload Resume" section. #coverletter #resume #application...

#job-application

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 793 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#research #graduate #college #graduate-school #doctorate #phd #interview #psychology #application #grad-school

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Oct 30, 2018 224 views

Do global internships benefit you when it comes to veterinary school applications??

I'm currently an undergraduate looking to apply to vet school in a few years. I know that having relevant experience is crucial, so I've been applying for lots of internships. I fond some summer opportunities abroad, but there are steep program fees and I'm wondering if entry into these would...

#research #college #global #veterinary-school #work #veterinarian #admissions #science #resume #vet-school #graduate-school #job #application #internship #veterinary #grad-school

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Sep 29, 2018 568 views

How important are clubs/extracurricular activities in comparison to coursework or internships??

Does joining clubs or extracurricular activities during your years as an undergraduate significantly impact your resume or chances at graduate school or is it better to keep that to a minimum and focus on getting work experience and taking a rigorous course load?? # #college #grad-school...

#vet-school #college-admissions #veterinary-school #graduate-school #veterinarian #job #resume #application #internship #college-advice

Kathryn C.’s Avatar
Kathryn C. Sep 29, 2018 275 views

Is it more beneficial to have unpaid internships and more of a variety of experience or paid work with strong connections, but not as much of a variety of experience??

I'm hoping to make my future applications to veterinary school as strong as possible and I'm wondering if paid work is given more consideration even if it isn't necessarily as varied as having multiple unpaid internships in a range of sub-fields. # #internship #volunteer #college #vet-school...

#veterinary-school #veterinarian #experience #application #resume

Timothy K.’s Avatar
Timothy K. Aug 23, 2018 249 views

On college applications, should I include all of my community service, or should I just include the things that meant the most?

I am wondering if community service gets redundant after so much of it and then if it may be better for me to include all of it on my applications. Should I just include the most recent things, and the things that impacted me the most? #application...

#volunteer

Joseph Z.’s Avatar
Joseph Z. Aug 17, 2018 194 views

When is usually the latest you should decide what college to go to?

I'll be a senior in high school next year, and I've been on the fence on whether to start at a local community college or at a 4-year college roughly 55 miles away. I want to wait and see how many scholarships I will be awarded before I decide. Thanks! #application #student...

#scholarships

Madaline M.’s Avatar
Madaline M. Aug 05, 2018 277 views

How could I make my application look appealing to my dream college?

I want to go to Western Washington University #application...

#college-applications

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. Aug 12, 2018 205 views

Should I apply to a school that barely offers scholarship? Even if I have a decent change of getting in?

Rhode Island School of Design is one of my top schools that I'd like to attend. However, as they are a top art school of the country, they don't offer merit scholarships at all, only financial ones. Should I still apply anyway? I feel like I have a good chance of getting in, just not sure if I...

#application #art-school #tuition

Rissa F.’s Avatar
Rissa F. Apr 19, 2018 278 views

What are things I should do if I want to get into a Grad School?

I want to get into a Grad School later, so I want to know about things I should be doing now to help me with that. #graduate-school #admissions #grad-school #college #graduate...

#application

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 328 views

How to write a resume for an internship?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #resume...

#internship #applications #application #interning

Sam T.’s Avatar
Sam T. May 21, 2016 645 views

What do colleges and universities look for in applicants?

I've always been told that you should be a "well-rounded" person if you want to get accepted to a good college, but that has never made sense to me. If I was a part of a college board I'd want students that excelled in a field that they are passionate about and would rather them be great in...

#university #students #college #college-admissions #application

Hannah R.’s Avatar
Hannah R. Jan 17, 2018 246 views

What is a good way to make your application stand out better for scholarships?

I want to go to my dream school but I currently I can't afford to go, so I need to get all the scholarships I can so I can achieve my goal. #scholarships #dreamcollege...

#application

Nicole D.’s Avatar
Nicole D. Sep 01, 2017 294 views

How can I make sure to keep applying to scholarships organized?

I'm really having a hard time keeping all the scholarships I'm applying for organized. I'm not organizing well. #organizing #scholarships #application due...

Mitra D.’s Avatar
Mitra D. Aug 06, 2015 1633 views
Nellie R.’s Avatar
Nellie R. May 26, 2016 519 views

Preparing for Medical School, what should I focus on the most?

I understand that grades, GPA, and test scores are extremely important when applying for medical school, or anything medical for that matter. I also know that they like to look at 'unique' characteristics that make the applicant stand out, like taking a different major than the generic ones....

#medicine #healthcare #college #application