Career Questions tagged Non Profit

Wesley M.’s Avatar
Wesley M. Mar 25

I am interested in working for an organization like CareerVillage.org. What type of opportunities are available for someone passionate in organizations like this?

I would like to do my internship for an organization like this. I'm at Nairobi University from Kenya. #internship #career #non-profit...

#nonprofit

Cornelius M.’s Avatar
Cornelius M. Nov 28, 2018

How can I determine website sponsor pricing.

I am grateful to the wealth of advice I get from this site. Now I have a question regarding the above subject matter. I have a social enterprise website (non-profit) specialized in a specific field. My model of raising revenue for sustainability is basic listing service (which I have already...

#social-enterprise #website-sponsorship #technology #website-advertising #website-partnership #non-profit #pricing

Kassandra H.’s Avatar
Kassandra H. Jul 16, 2018

Is it difficult to find a job in biology?

Would it be simpler to be able to conduct research in a small city or a large city? #research #clinical-psychology...

#non-profit

Yasmin A.’s Avatar
Yasmin A. Jan 24, 2018

What are some careers available in social justice and social activism for immigration? Do I have to become an immigration lawyer to help?

I'm currently a high school senior on my way to college. And immigration is a topic I'm passionate about. I'm very interested in pursuing a career in social justice that will improve and impact the lives of immigrants living within our country. I know that many people tend to pursue careers in...

#foreign-languages #human-rights #activists #immigration #immigration-law #activism #humanitarian #social-work #non-profit #social-justice

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 03, 2018

I'm a caring and helpful female who has a desire for a career in a non profit company. What suggestions would you have for me to guide me in my schooling?

I'm asking this question because I want to help homeless people and volunteer for people that are in need. I want to help kids with cancer and help them find a way to smile. When I am older I want to make a difference for people that are in need. #volunteering #nonprofits...

#non-profit

Jessica W.’s Avatar
Jessica W. Dec 21, 2017

What is the typical amount of compensation at a mid-level nonprofit job?

Hello, I am interested in understanding more about working in or for nonprofits. #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profit-organization-management...

#non-profits

Emily D.’s Avatar
Emily D. Nov 03, 2017

how can i become a humanitarian?

what steps should i take to have the biggest impact as possible? #humanitarian-relief #non-profit...

#charity

Vidya V.’s Avatar
Vidya V. Oct 16, 2017

What are the current digital marketing trends in the nonprofit sector?

I am exploring the digital media/social media aspect in the nonprofit sector and wish to understand the career path in this field. What kind of skills are required if one is starting out fresh in this line? #social-media-marketing #social-media #digital-marketing...

#non-profit-management #non-profit-organization-management #nonprofits #nonprofitdigitalmedia #non-profit

Aleena C.’s Avatar
Aleena C. Sep 01, 2017

How can I become an activist in my community/school?

I want to be more engaged in my school and community but more specifically in my field of study. I am a poly sci major minoring in environmental studies and want to eventually work for a non-profit organization. I've tried applying online but living in San Francisco makes it difficult to make...

#sanfrancisco #polysci #evironment #sfsu #politicalscience #non-profit #volunteering

Eleanor K.’s Avatar
Eleanor K. May 18, 2016

What would the expected starting salary for a policy analyst (most likely for a non-profit) with a bachelors degree versus with a masters degree?

My name is Eleanor Kolasinski and I am an incoming freshman, scheduled to begin in the fall of 2016 in James Madison (a public policy college within Michigan State University) to study Social Relations & Policy with the goal of going to work for a non-profit organization. #salary...

#financial-planning #public-policy #non-profit

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jun 21, 2016

Is it a good idea to go to a tech school to learn handy skills after graduating from your academic course?

I go to Montclair state, and I am learning things that are based on thinking and answering questions, but this does not override the importance of handy skills like a bit of carpentry or mechanics. Both types of understandings are important, and I have been contemplating on taking such courses...

#anthropology #entrepreneurship #professional #professor #non-profit #personal-development

Lydia A.’s Avatar
Lydia A. Jun 22, 2017

Careers available in prevention of human trafficking?

I am a high school student currently enrolled in collegiate high school working towards my AA. I am very interested in fighting sex trafficking and would be interested to know my options as far as this field goes and what my major should be to be successful on this path, but still have a...

#social-services #sociology #human-trafficking #human-rights #career-details #gender-studies #psychology #non-profit #human-resources

Dana O.’s Avatar
Dana O. Apr 04, 2017

If someone is a volunteer at a company or a governmental agency and they want to ask about opportunities for paid positions how can they get up the courage to do so?

I am currently volunteering at an agency and I am very interested in the type of work that they are doing there. I enjoy volunteering at the agency but it would be nice to be able to earn and save up some money while I don't have a lot of bills to pay. #volunteering #government #non-profit...

#for-profit

Aaron T.’s Avatar
Aaron T. Oct 28, 2016

Which colleges would have the best representation in the field of Aerospace Engeneering?

I want to know which collage would be best to apply for, in terms of resme building. #non-profit #employer-relations #honesty #product-knowledge...

#non-bias

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Jul 28, 2016

Any experience with Americorps?

After I get out of college, I am considering joining Americorps and becoming a Vista becore getting a Master's in Social Work. Do you have any experience or advice for me about Americorps? Do you think this path would be beneficial in the career I am pursuing? #psychology #jobs #social-work...

#nonprofits #non-profit #volunteering #non-profits

harish M.’s Avatar
harish M. Jun 23, 2016

how to improve the society

Because i need yo educate my society #engineer #engineers #non-profit...

#ngos

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jun 21, 2016

Going into a business or a nonprofit, What kind of mindset must one have to push the organization or company forward as an employee?

As an inspired anthropologist, I learn on how to think above and beyond. It is important to not only be part of a non-profit or company but as a member, seek to improve it. I am asking this question to understand how to go about on improving a company's position as a new employee. #business...

#non-profit #management #entrepreneurship #anthropology

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 27, 2016

How do prospective workers/managers get the start-up money to found and run a non-profit organization?

I would like to work with a non-profit organization, but am also interested in starting my own. However, I'm not sure how realistic that is given that grant money or loans may be scarce. #nonprofits #non-profit...

#non-profits

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 26, 2016

What is the best way to prepare myself if I want to pursue a career in non-profit management?

I have greatly enjoyed volunteering with non-profit organizations and love working with a student lead environmentalist club I helped found. I think organizing events and community activities, etc, is something I want to continue in the future, but I'm not sure non-profit management would...

#non-profit

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 26, 2016

Is a degree in nonprofit management necessary in order to work in a nonprofit organization?

I would like to work with a nonprofit in the future (because I have enjoyed volunteer work with non profit organizations) but would much rather learn the skills through experience than through a major....

#non-profit

Alayna B.’s Avatar
Alayna B. May 24, 2016

What is the role and responsibilities of a project manager at a nonprofit organization?

I want to work for a nonprofit organization and I am trying to figure out what position would be best suited for me. #project-management #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profits...

#project-manager

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. May 24, 2016

It is often thought that business growth and environmental growth cannot go hand in hand. However, this is not true, it is just a topic that has been little explored yet. What background would I need to pursue in college to encourage this?

I believe that industry has a whole has the power and minds to start the clean revolution. Creating products that not only don't hurt, but are beneficial to the environment is not easy, and requires a lot of different perspectives. If I want to grow up and start businesses that not only don't...

#management #spanish #non-profit #busines #environment #finance #social

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. May 24, 2016

What are the qualities that one needs to change the world?

Is the best strategy to bombard them with kindness? Or is it more of an "ends justify the means" situation? What can I do to encourage people and help them believe that they, too, are capable of change? #psychology #education #management #leadership #social #women...

#non-profit

Emma M.’s Avatar
Emma M. May 11, 2016

What is the most exciting/rewarding aspect of working in a non-profit?

I would love to work for one someday. #employment...

#non-profit

kanika M.’s Avatar
kanika M. May 06, 2016

What is Airlines?

Hi I am kanika.I am studying in 10 std. #teaching...

#non-profit

Nikita M.’s Avatar
Nikita M. Apr 28, 2016

I am currently an unpaid intern at Make-A-Wish foundation in volunteer services. How will this help me get a job especially in healthcare?

I have done my Master's in Psychology from India and currently living in California. Trying to secure a job. #psychology #guidance-counselor #non-profit...

#healthcare-industry

Megan B.’s Avatar
Megan B. Mar 08, 2016

How would you recommend getting your foot in the door in a field like non-profits?

I am a junior psychology major at Santa Clara University and starting to look for jobs as well as internships for the summer. I aim to work in non-profits or social entrepreneurship, but do not know which ones are right for me or the best way to contact these companies. #psychology #nonprofits...

#non-profit #social-change

Amara O.’s Avatar
Amara O. Jan 20, 2015