Career Questions tagged Non Profit

joshua P.’s Avatar
joshua P. Feb 24, 2021 267 views
Mariah M.’s Avatar
Mariah M. Jul 29, 2020 202 views
Cornelius M.’s Avatar
Cornelius M. Nov 28, 2018 472 views

How can I determine website sponsor pricing.

I am grateful to the wealth of advice I get from this site. Now I have a question regarding the above subject matter. I have a social enterprise website (non-profit) specialized in a specific field. My model of raising revenue for sustainability is basic listing service (which I have already...

website-sponsorship website-partnership technology social-enterprise pricing non-profit website-advertising

Kassandra H.’s Avatar
Kassandra H. Jul 16, 2018 406 views

Is it difficult to find a job in biology?

Would it be simpler to be able to conduct research in a small city or a large city? research clinical-psychology...

non-profit

Yasmin A.’s Avatar
Yasmin A. Jan 24, 2018 575 views

What are some careers available in social justice and social activism for immigration? Do I have to become an immigration lawyer to help?

I'm currently a high school senior on my way to college. And immigration is a topic I'm passionate about. I'm very interested in pursuing a career in social justice that will improve and impact the lives of immigrants living within our country. I know that many people tend to pursue careers in...

immigration activists social-work activism humanitarian foreign-languages immigration-law human-rights non-profit social-justice

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 03, 2018 547 views

I'm a caring and helpful female who has a desire for a career in a non profit company. What suggestions would you have for me to guide me in my schooling?

I'm asking this question because I want to help homeless people and volunteer for people that are in need. I want to help kids with cancer and help them find a way to smile. When I am older I want to make a difference for people that are in need. volunteering nonprofits...

non-profit

Jessica W.’s Avatar
Jessica W. Dec 21, 2017 897 views

What is the typical amount of compensation at a mid-level nonprofit job?

Hello, I am interested in understanding more about working in or for nonprofits. nonprofits non-profit non-profit-organization-management...

non-profits

Emily D.’s Avatar
Emily D. Nov 03, 2017 514 views

how can i become a humanitarian?

what steps should i take to have the biggest impact as possible? humanitarian-relief non-profit...

charity

Vidya V.’s Avatar
Vidya V. Oct 16, 2017 807 views

What are the current digital marketing trends in the nonprofit sector?

I am exploring the digital media/social media aspect in the nonprofit sector and wish to understand the career path in this field. What kind of skills are required if one is starting out fresh in this line? social-media-marketing social-media digital-marketing...

nonprofits non-profit-management nonprofitdigitalmedia non-profit non-profit-organization-management

Aleena C.’s Avatar
Aleena C. Sep 01, 2017 547 views

How can I become an activist in my community/school?

I want to be more engaged in my school and community but more specifically in my field of study. I am a poly sci major minoring in environmental studies and want to eventually work for a non-profit organization. I've tried applying online but living in San Francisco makes it difficult to make...

sanfrancisco politicalscience polysci non-profit evironment sfsu volunteering

Eleanor K.’s Avatar
Eleanor K. May 18, 2016 1013 views

What would the expected starting salary for a policy analyst (most likely for a non-profit) with a bachelors degree versus with a masters degree?

My name is Eleanor Kolasinski and I am an incoming freshman, scheduled to begin in the fall of 2016 in James Madison (a public policy college within Michigan State University) to study Social Relations & Policy with the goal of going to work for a non-profit organization. salary...

financial-planning public-policy non-profit

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jun 21, 2016 732 views

Is it a good idea to go to a tech school to learn handy skills after graduating from your academic course?

I go to Montclair state, and I am learning things that are based on thinking and answering questions, but this does not override the importance of handy skills like a bit of carpentry or mechanics. Both types of understandings are important, and I have been contemplating on taking such courses...

personal-development professional non-profit entrepreneurship professor anthropology

Lydia A.’s Avatar
Lydia A. Jun 22, 2017 12782 views

Careers available in prevention of human trafficking?

I am a high school student currently enrolled in collegiate high school working towards my AA. I am very interested in fighting sex trafficking and would be interested to know my options as far as this field goes and what my major should be to be successful on this path, but still have a...

social-services human-trafficking gender-studies sociology human-resources psychology human-rights non-profit career-details

Dana O.’s Avatar
Dana O. Apr 04, 2017 653 views

If someone is a volunteer at a company or a governmental agency and they want to ask about opportunities for paid positions how can they get up the courage to do so?

I am currently volunteering at an agency and I am very interested in the type of work that they are doing there. I enjoy volunteering at the agency but it would be nice to be able to earn and save up some money while I don't have a lot of bills to pay. volunteering government non-profit...

for-profit

Aaron T.’s Avatar
Aaron T. Oct 28, 2016 552 views

Which colleges would have the best representation in the field of Aerospace Engeneering?

I want to know which collage would be best to apply for, in terms of resme building. non-profit employer-relations honesty product-knowledge...

non-bias

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Jul 28, 2016 814 views

Any experience with Americorps?

After I get out of college, I am considering joining Americorps and becoming a Vista becore getting a Master's in Social Work. Do you have any experience or advice for me about Americorps? Do you think this path would be beneficial in the career I am pursuing? psychology jobs social-work...

non-profits non-profit nonprofits volunteering

harish M.’s Avatar
harish M. Jun 23, 2016 779 views

how to improve the society

Because i need yo educate my society engineer engineering non-profit...

ngos

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jun 21, 2016 918 views

Going into a business or a nonprofit, What kind of mindset must one have to push the organization or company forward as an employee?

As an inspired anthropologist, I learn on how to think above and beyond. It is important to not only be part of a non-profit or company but as a member, seek to improve it. I am asking this question to understand how to go about on improving a company's position as a new employee. business...

entrepreneurship management non-profit anthropology

Hilda K.’s Avatar
Hilda K. May 27, 2016 1064 views

How do prospective workers/managers get the start-up money to found and run a non-profit organization?

I would like to work with a non-profit organization, but am also interested in starting my own. However, I'm not sure how realistic that is given that grant money or loans may be scarce. nonprofits non-profit...

non-profits

Hilda K.’s Avatar
Hilda K. May 26, 2016 645 views

What is the best way to prepare myself if I want to pursue a career in non-profit management?

I have greatly enjoyed volunteering with non-profit organizations and love working with a student lead environmentalist club I helped found. I think organizing events and community activities, etc, is something I want to continue in the future, but I'm not sure non-profit management would...

non-profit

Hilda K.’s Avatar
Hilda K. May 26, 2016 606 views

Is a degree in nonprofit management necessary in order to work in a nonprofit organization?

I would like to work with a nonprofit in the future (because I have enjoyed volunteer work with non profit organizations) but would much rather learn the skills through experience than through a major....

non-profit

Alayna B.’s Avatar
Alayna B. May 24, 2016 5638 views

What is the role and responsibilities of a project manager at a nonprofit organization?

I want to work for a nonprofit organization and I am trying to figure out what position would be best suited for me. project-management nonprofits non-profit non-profits...

project-manager

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. May 24, 2016 623 views

It is often thought that business growth and environmental growth cannot go hand in hand. However, this is not true, it is just a topic that has been little explored yet. What background would I need to pursue in college to encourage this?

I believe that industry has a whole has the power and minds to start the clean revolution. Creating products that not only don't hurt, but are beneficial to the environment is not easy, and requires a lot of different perspectives. If I want to grow up and start businesses that not only don't...

busines spanish non-profit management finance environment social