Career Questions tagged Non Profit

Mercy’s Avatar
Mercy Dec 09, 2022 194 views

I wish to create a platform that talks about issues pertaining to ex prisoner after their sentence, relapse into criminal behavior and other related issue but then I have no idea on how to go about it especially with my little to no know knowledge about editing photos and videos. How do I start? #EOY22

I wish to create a platform that talks about issues pertaining to ex prisoner after their sentence, relapse into criminal behavior and other related issue but then I have no idea on how to go about it especially with my little to no know knowledge about editing photos and videos. How do I...

Alazia’s Avatar
Alazia Nov 15, 2022 135 views

How does a psychology major open a nonprofit for holistic healing and wellness?

I am currently studying psychology but I want to open a nonprofit for holistic healing and wellness, does anyone know the best route to accomplish this goal while continuing my studies?

joshua’s Avatar
joshua Feb 24, 2021 488 views

what would a non profit business look like

I like to be my own boss but have a idea of what im doing like a mentor #non-profit #travel #anthropology #mentoring #entrepreneurship

Mariah’s Avatar
Mariah Jul 29, 2020 341 views

what are some volunteering opportunities that I can do in my town?

# volunteering # non #non-profit

Paridhi’s Avatar
Paridhi Jul 20, 2020 642 views

What is included in grant writing for nonprofits? Where can you learn more about this? What makes certain grants stand out?

#grant #non-profit #application #fundraise #stem #writing #money

Paridhi’s Avatar
Paridhi Jul 20, 2020 447 views

What are the differences in using platforms like Wix or Go Daddy website builders versus coding a website in terms of what we see in the end product as the website? Which is the better option and what are the advantages/disadvantages of one method over the other?

#website # #media-production #website-development #website-design #web-development #web-design #organization #non-profit #Wix #Go-Daddy #website-buidler #coding #programming #code #algorithms #business #professionalism #front-end #back-end #appeal #marketing

Paridhi’s Avatar
Paridhi May 26, 2020 417 views

What are the steps in establishing, and scaling an organization?

#non-profit #business #organization #entrepreneur # #marketing #finance #business-management

Gabrielle’s Avatar
Gabrielle Jan 30, 2020 358 views

Are there websites you would recommend in order to help navigate the non-profit sector as a recent college graduate?

#college #college-advice #career #non-profit

Nayeli’s Avatar
Nayeli Jul 26, 2019 736 views

What are the most important steps for starting a non-profit organization

# #non-profit #career #job

Wesley’s Avatar
Wesley Mar 25, 2019 526 views

I am interested in working for an organization like CareerVillage.org. What type of opportunities are available for someone passionate in organizations like this?

I would like to do my internship for an organization like this. I'm at Nairobi University from Kenya.

#internship #career #non-profit #nonprofit

Cornelius’s Avatar
Cornelius Nov 28, 2018 660 views

How can I determine website sponsor pricing.

I am grateful to the wealth of advice I get from this site. Now I have a question regarding the above subject matter. I have a social enterprise website (non-profit) specialized in a specific field. My model of raising revenue for sustainability is basic listing service (which I have already...

Jessie’s Avatar
Jessie Aug 23, 2018 458 views

What is the best major to study if I plan to work for a non-profit post graduation?

#non-profit #major

Kassandra’s Avatar
Kassandra Jul 16, 2018 517 views

Is it difficult to find a job in biology?

Would it be simpler to be able to conduct research in a small city or a large city? #research #clinical-psychology #non-profit

Yasmin’s Avatar
Yasmin Jan 24, 2018 707 views

What are some careers available in social justice and social activism for immigration? Do I have to become an immigration lawyer to help?

I'm currently a high school senior on my way to college. And immigration is a topic I'm passionate about. I'm very interested in pursuing a career in social justice that will improve and impact the lives of immigrants living within our country. I know that many people tend to pursue careers in...

Emely’s Avatar
Emely Jan 03, 2018 693 views

I'm a caring and helpful female who has a desire for a career in a non profit company. What suggestions would you have for me to guide me in my schooling?

I'm asking this question because I want to help homeless people and volunteer for people that are in need. I want to help kids with cancer and help them find a way to smile. When I am older I want to make a difference for people that are in need. #volunteering #nonprofits #non-profit

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Dec 21, 2017 1086 views

What is the typical amount of compensation at a mid-level nonprofit job?

Hello, I am interested in understanding more about working in or for nonprofits. #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profit-organization-management #non-profits

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Nov 03, 2017 640 views

how can i become a humanitarian?

what steps should i take to have the biggest impact as possible?
#humanitarian-relief #non-profit #charity

Vidya’s Avatar
Vidya Oct 16, 2017 956 views

What are the current digital marketing trends in the nonprofit sector?

I am exploring the digital media/social media aspect in the nonprofit sector and wish to understand the career path in this field. What kind of skills are required if one is starting out fresh in this line? #social-media-marketing #social-media #digital-marketing...

Aleena’s Avatar
Aleena Sep 01, 2017 641 views

How can I become an activist in my community/school?

I want to be more engaged in my school and community but more specifically in my field of study. I am a poly sci major minoring in environmental studies and want to eventually work for a non-profit organization. I've tried applying online but living in San Francisco makes it difficult to make...

Lydia’s Avatar
Lydia Jun 22, 2017 13758 views

Careers available in prevention of human trafficking?

I am a high school student currently enrolled in collegiate high school working towards my AA. I am very interested in fighting sex trafficking and would be interested to know my options as far as this field goes and what my major should be to be successful on this path, but still have a...

Dana’s Avatar
Dana Apr 04, 2017 765 views

If someone is a volunteer at a company or a governmental agency and they want to ask about opportunities for paid positions how can they get up the courage to do so?

I am currently volunteering at an agency and I am very interested in the type of work that they are doing there. I enjoy volunteering at the agency but it would be nice to be able to earn and save up some money while I don't have a lot of bills to pay. #volunteering #government #non-profit...

Aaron’s Avatar
Aaron Oct 28, 2016 683 views

Which colleges would have the best representation in the field of Aerospace Engeneering?

I want to know which collage would be best to apply for, in terms of resme building. #non-profit #employer-relations #honesty #product-knowledge #non-bias

Deana’s Avatar
Deana Jul 28, 2016 976 views

Any experience with Americorps?

After I get out of college, I am considering joining Americorps and becoming a Vista becore getting a Master's in Social Work. Do you have any experience or advice for me about Americorps? Do you think this path would be beneficial in the career I am pursuing? #psychology #jobs #social-work...

harish’s Avatar
harish Jun 23, 2016 901 views

how to improve the society

Because i need yo educate my society #engineer #engineering #non-profit #ngos

Joshua’s Avatar
Joshua Jun 21, 2016 851 views

Is it a good idea to go to a tech school to learn handy skills after graduating from your academic course?

I go to Montclair state, and I am learning things that are based on thinking and answering questions, but this does not override the importance of handy skills like a bit of carpentry or mechanics. Both types of understandings are important, and I have been contemplating on taking such courses...

Joshua’s Avatar
Joshua Jun 21, 2016 1067 views

Going into a business or a nonprofit, What kind of mindset must one have to push the organization or company forward as an employee?

As an inspired anthropologist, I learn on how to think above and beyond. It is important to not only be part of a non-profit or company but as a member, seek to improve it. I am asking this question to understand how to go about on improving a company's position as a new employee. #business...

Hilda’s Avatar
Hilda May 27, 2016 1279 views

How do prospective workers/managers get the start-up money to found and run a non-profit organization?

I would like to work with a non-profit organization, but am also interested in starting my own. However, I'm not sure how realistic that is given that grant money or loans may be scarce. #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profits

Hilda’s Avatar
Hilda May 26, 2016 751 views

What is the best way to prepare myself if I want to pursue a career in non-profit management?

I have greatly enjoyed volunteering with non-profit organizations and love working with a student lead environmentalist club I helped found. I think organizing events and community activities, etc, is something I want to continue in the future, but I'm not sure non-profit management would...

Hilda’s Avatar
Hilda May 26, 2016 692 views

Is a degree in nonprofit management necessary in order to work in a nonprofit organization?

I would like to work with a nonprofit in the future (because I have enjoyed volunteer work with non profit organizations) but would much rather learn the skills through experience than through a major. #non-profit

Alayna’s Avatar
Alayna May 24, 2016 6992 views

What is the role and responsibilities of a project manager at a nonprofit organization?

I want to work for a nonprofit organization and I am trying to figure out what position would be best suited for me. #project-management #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profits #project-manager