Career Questions tagged Gender Studies

Petra O.’s Avatar
Petra O. Jan 14, 2018 234 views

What can you do with a degree in Women and Gender Studies?

I know people who major in this and I always wondered what kind of job someone can get with a major in Women and Gender Studies. #college #womenandgenderstudies #womens-studies...

#gender-studies

Lydia A.’s Avatar
Lydia A. Jun 22, 2017 10452 views

Careers available in prevention of human trafficking?

I am a high school student currently enrolled in collegiate high school working towards my AA. I am very interested in fighting sex trafficking and would be interested to know my options as far as this field goes and what my major should be to be successful on this path, but still have a...

#gender-studies #human-trafficking #psychology #human-rights #sociology #human-resources #career-details #social-services #non-profit

Jack R.’s Avatar
Jack R. May 18, 2017 540 views

College? Minors, Majors, and coursework?

I know I may be a little young (ninth grader here) to be asking such a question, but I am curious as to how college really "works". I would love to attend a specific college and I'm going to make sure my grades are good for it, but I wouldn't know what to do after graduating and going off to...

#gender-studies #prerequisites #majors-and-minors #college-majors #college-minors #sexuality #masters-degree

Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 26, 2017 511 views

What are some other careers I could get by receiving my Sociology degree in Women's studies?

I've always been interested in Sociology and when I took my 101 class there was a brief discussion of gender and feminism and ever since then I have wanted to take the class specific to Gender and Women's studies. I find it interesting because of how different views can be. If I pursue a degree...

#gender-studies #gender-discrimination #sociology #gender #gender-equality

Calista P.’s Avatar
Calista P. May 10, 2016 1482 views

Is a minor in women and gender studies a good pairing with a political science/communications major/minor combo?

Women and gender studies as a minor is something I'm interested in, but I'm told it's a useless background to have. Do you think it's still "useless" if I want it to supplement a career in advocacy?? I am semi-lost with this #communications #political-science #gender-studies #advocacy...

#women-studies

Ariella R.’s Avatar
Ariella R. Mar 02, 2016 769 views

Gender and Women Studies major career options?

I'm a senior and I have been recently accepted to Wesleyan University. I'm really interested in learning about women and gender's studies, race and identity, and traveling to different countries to learn about new cultures. Recently, I traveled to Turkey , which started my love for traveling...

#gender-studies #career-path #helping-others #race #cultures