Career Questions tagged Gender

Dayana C.’s Avatar
Dayana C. Nov 20, 2018 313 views

Is Gender Studies BA qualifitied to apply for gradute programs in Master's of Social Work?

I love my major gender studies, and I want to focus on serving marginalized people that are from lower income, domestic violence survivors, people who are suffering from trauma (hunger, poverty, economic hardship, physical, and sexual abuse, emotional), I want to empower, protect, serve, and...

#love #justice #msw #social #gender #humanitarian

Eboni B.’s Avatar
Eboni B. Aug 29, 2018 369 views

How to be successful with the race & gender inequality?

It's hard enough being a person of color in America & the World . It makes it even more difficult when you're a female. I'm inquiring further knowledge on success stories of WOC defeating all the odds against them and paving the path to their future even after facing so many trials and...

#general #career-path #social #education #gender #race #inequality

Emma V.’s Avatar
Emma V. Apr 26, 2018 331 views

Why is the Film Industry primarily dominated by male directors and is it difficult for women to succeed in this field?

As an aspiring female filmmaker, I have often asked myself why I only saw male directors on stage accepting their Academy Awards. Why are there few well-known female directors? Is there a low number of women filmmakers or are the talented ones not being recognized? How can I, a passionate and...

#film-production #film #discrimination #gender #media #women-in-film #equality #women

Jamie M.’s Avatar
Jamie M. May 19, 2018 298 views

What difficulties might I face as a woman in the E.R.?

I am currently a nursing student but my ultimate goal is to obtain a Doctorate of Nursing, and possibly become an E.R. doctor. I would like to know what obstacles I may face being a female doctor the E.R. #doctor #er #medicine #healthcare #hospital #hospital-and-healthcare #female #gender...

#discrimination

Ja-Ia X.’s Avatar
Ja-Ia X. May 18, 2018 241 views

How do I convince my uptight parents to let me go to a university out of state?

I am the only daughter in my family. My family is very protective about my because of my gender, therefore I have some restrictions. I want to be able to study and work without my parents interfering so often. I also want to simply live my life and focus on my priorities without having someone...

#college #outofstate #independence #career #gender

Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 26, 2017 526 views

What are some other careers I could get by receiving my Sociology degree in Women's studies?

I've always been interested in Sociology and when I took my 101 class there was a brief discussion of gender and feminism and ever since then I have wanted to take the class specific to Gender and Women's studies. I find it interesting because of how different views can be. If I pursue a degree...

#gender-discrimination #sociology #gender-equality #gender #gender-studies

Emily T.’s Avatar
Emily T. Oct 28, 2016 533 views

As a woman hoping to enter the field of neuroscience, what are the best ways to combat the idea that cutting-edge STEM fields are better suited to men?

As a future psychologist, neuroscientist, and/or neurobiology researcher, I am concerned about the male-centric views surrounding STEM fields. As a feminist, though, I won't let this deter me. I am only wondering how other women studying and/or working in STEM, especially in psychology or...

#therapy #gender #neurobiology #neuroscience #biology #psychology #sexism #research