Career Questions tagged Outofstate

Payton B.’s Avatar
Payton B. Oct 08, 2018 331 views

Is it better to go to a in-state college or an out-of-state college?

I'm wondering if it would be better to stay closer to home or to take a risk and go out of state? #instate #college #outofstate #college-advice #student...

#college-bound

Ja-Ia X.’s Avatar
Ja-Ia X. May 18, 2018 223 views

How do I convince my uptight parents to let me go to a university out of state?

I am the only daughter in my family. My family is very protective about my because of my gender, therefore I have some restrictions. I want to be able to study and work without my parents interfering so often. I also want to simply live my life and focus on my priorities without having someone...

#outofstate #college #gender #career #independence

Ja-Ia X.’s Avatar
Ja-Ia X. May 18, 2018 229 views

How to handle high tuition rates for an out-of-state student?

I plan on transferring from a community college to a university. However, I am unsure as to how to transfer my credits and making sure that everything that I have done until now aligns. I am also concerned about the high tuition rate and how to compensate for it. For example, when I should be...

#savingmoney #outofstate #tuition

Jadyn B.’s Avatar
Jadyn B. May 09, 2018 264 views

Is it smarter to get scholarships for instate or out of state colleges?

I have offers for scholarships out of state, and even though out of state tuition costs more. Is it better to use the money and get my schooling done there instead of paying for instate. #payingforcollege #needmoney #instate...

#outofstate

Benjamin C.’s Avatar
Benjamin C. May 05, 2018 273 views

Does Georgia Tech have scholarships which would cover out of state tuition?

Scholarships are critically important to me. I really want to go to this school. However, there is no way I can afford to pay the out of state tuition otherwise. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. #scholarships #outofstate...

#georgia-tech

Taylor Y.’s Avatar
Taylor Y. Jan 15, 2018 302 views

Was it hard adjusting to living out of state during college?

I am asking this question because I am probably going #outofstate for college and this kind of freaks me out as I have never lived by myself let alone in a new year. I just want to know a little of what to expect and any pointers on adjusting. #college #out-of-state-student #life-transitions...

#adjusting

Vanessa F.’s Avatar
Vanessa F. Jan 22, 2018 240 views
Sabrina K.’s Avatar
Sabrina K. Jan 20, 2018 356 views

Should I be worried about moving out of my home state?

I plan on moving out of California for college to go up to either Seattle or Portland. I'm also expecting to stay in the area after college instead of returning home. I'm not sure how common this is or even if it would benefit me economically. Something that really worries me is that I won't...

#seattle #college-bound #outofstate #portland #california

Verenice C.’s Avatar
Verenice C. Jan 16, 2018 314 views

Would it be a smart move to go out of state for college even if I'm undecided on a major?

I am undecided on a major and have applied to out of state colleges and universities, but I'm scared it'll be a waste of money because I am undecided on my major. I have strongly been considering a business major and minoring in Spanish. Pre-Dentistry is also something I have considered but my...

#spanishminor #pre-dental #undecided #business-major #outofstate #incomingfreshman

Edwin D.’s Avatar
Edwin D. Sep 01, 2017 271 views
Sabrina  U.’s Avatar
Sabrina U. Sep 01, 2017 321 views

How do you find out the requirement for transferring out of state?

For example California has assist.org which tells you the specific classes admissions and records like to see in transcripts when transferring from let's say a community college to a UC or private school. However assist.org only works for colleges within California. I am from California and...

#helpplease #life-transitions #psychology #outofstate #transfering #lifechanges #washington