How to be successful with the race & gender inequality?
It's hard enough being a person of color in America & the World . It makes it even more difficult when you're a female. I'm inquiring further knowledge on success stories of WOC defeating all the odds against them and paving the path to their future even after facing so many trials and tribulations. #general #social #education #career-path #race #gender #inequality
That is a great question. And I think the answer evolves as the business world evolves. In my personal experience the first thing to remember is to be authentic throughout your career. You will connect with more people who share the same values, thus helping you to build a strong network of support and guidance. Secondarily be very diligent in your career search. There are organizations that truly value your talent above all else, but you will need to seek them out. Thirdly, seek professional organizations that support WOC in the industry you work in. The key is to have a strong "circle of trust" to not only reinforce your values, but to support you or "bring you up" when you need it.
Best wishes for a successful career.
The concept of gender identity explains that not all people see themselves as the gender assumed of them at birth.
Gender identity and race is the internal perception of one's gender and how they label themselves based on how much they align or don't align in what they understand their options for gender to be.
We all should understand one thing that gender or race is not created by God. It's just a perception which is created by society, it's just a practice to pull others weakness as our weapons.
Just move on with positivity where you can achieve your dreams by being perfect human being.
This is a great question and something that is definitely important to think and have dialogues about.
I am a WOC from Cape Town, South Africa working in NYC. I have faced challenges due to race and gender inequality along the way - but I have not allowed them to define who I am or what I am capable of doing. I work in a field that I enjoy and have a keen interest in - as we all should strive to do. This is always a good starting point - to enjoy and have an interest in what it is you do.
A few things to keep in mind as you begin to build your successful career:
- Do not focus on the inequalities that exist in the world. Be conscious of them, but do not let them define who you are or what you can do.
- Be the best you can be, at what you choose to do.
- Look for companies who has values and ethics which align with yours, as this will be the daily environment you find yourself in. Ask questions in interviews about the companies view on diversity and initiatives they have in place surrounding it.
- Work smartly, listen attentively, ask questions and accept feedback
- Know that there will be challenges along the way, but also that you have family, friends and support structures who can help you overcome those challenges - your HR team, women/gender/religious organizations etc.
I hope this helps.