Career Questions tagged Msw

Dayana C.’s Avatar
Dayana C. Nov 20, 2018 240 views

Is Gender Studies BA qualifitied to apply for gradute programs in Master's of Social Work?

I love my major gender studies, and I want to focus on serving marginalized people that are from lower income, domestic violence survivors, people who are suffering from trauma (hunger, poverty, economic hardship, physical, and sexual abuse, emotional), I want to empower, protect, serve, and...

#love #humanitarian #msw #social #gender #justice

Melissa B.’s Avatar
Melissa B. Oct 23, 2018 120 views

What do I do if I am certain about which career path I want to be on when I enter the Masters program but that focus changes?

I will be entering the MSW program soon. The program offers 3 different focuses. What do I do if I begin the program with one path selected but then my experiences in the program cause me to want to switch paths?...

#msw

Dimetrius P.’s Avatar
Dimetrius P. Jul 11, 2018 267 views

Should I go straight through to my PhD?

Should I get my masters and work while getting my PhD, or should I go straight through and get my PhD, interning along the way? Which way gets me more experience, and which would insure that I will have a job? #social-work #phd #internship #masters #phd...

#msw

S M.’s Avatar
S M. Jun 14, 2018 252 views

Pursuing a MSW

I am really interested in pursuing a MSW. I am finishing up a graduate certificate in Sociology, but I don’t have a lot of recent, relevant work experience. I understand that most MSW programs require work (or at least volunteer) experience. What are some good strategies for networking and...

#socialwork #msw #gradschool

Michael T.’s Avatar
Michael T. Jan 18, 2018 213 views

How do I get an internship with a career where confidentiality is key?

I want to see what its like in the daily life of a Medical Social Worker, but I understand that the privacy is important from patient to professional, and personally, I would not want to put my business out there to someone who is barely learning the ropes....

#msw