Career Questions tagged Female

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Mar 26, 2018 546 views

How could my salary, as an aspiring physician who is female and part of an under represented minority group, be affected in my future?

I have learned that in 2017 only about 34% of physicians were female. In addition to being female I am also a part of a minority group. I would like to know how these factors may play a role in determining my salary in my future career even though these facts have nothing to do with how I could...

physician hospital-and-healthcare women minority female medicine women-in-stem healthcare

Jamie M.’s Avatar
Jamie M. May 19, 2018 358 views

What difficulties might I face as a woman in the E.R.?

I am currently a nursing student but my ultimate goal is to obtain a Doctorate of Nursing, and possibly become an E.R. doctor. I would like to know what obstacles I may face being a female doctor the E.R. doctor er medicine healthcare hospital hospital-and-healthcare female gender...

discrimination

Ramilla N.’s Avatar
Ramilla N. Apr 07, 2018 258 views

Are female cardiac surgeons in demand ?

I want to be a cardiac surgeon and since I know that more surgeons are men I was just wondering if female cardiac surgeons are highly in demand. female surgeon...

demand-generation

Giselle V.’s Avatar
Giselle V. Jan 24, 2018 380 views

If any, it’s there a difference between a male and female director?

I am very interested in the film industry to become a director as a female, and I was wondering if there’s any vast or different treatments between the 2 for example pay, respect, education, succes, creativity. male female # femaledirectors film filmindustry...

directors

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 01, 2017 1564 views

How is it working as a female in a predominantly male environment?

Studying computer science, 95% of the students are male and it isn't rare to be talked down to by male students on the occasion. I was wondering how it is in the workplace if it is mainly a male environment? computer-science career technology job graduate female...

workplace

Monet M.’s Avatar
Monet M. Oct 30, 2016 566 views

Is there still gender bias towards women in science fields? If so, how would you suggest we overcome this?

I am a high school senior and am planning to study biochemistry in college in hopes of becoming a medical researcher on human diseases and cures. When I look at scientific fields, it still looks like the majority of them are male-dominant. doctor engineer medicine researcher...

female